Chapter 9

~~

"Is she okay? The baby?!" Emir attacked the doctor with questions as soon as he came out of the examination room.
"The lady is just fine. Thankfully the motorcycle didn't hit on her side. Are you a relative?"
"No... A friend." He looked down for a few seconds and then up to her doctor again.
The doctor nodded his head, turning around.
At the moment Zeynep walked outside carefully.
"My little one..." Emir took a hold of her arm. "Come. Can you walk?"
"Yes, I'm just kind of dizzy..." Zeynep sighed, resting her body against his.
"How did it happen, did you see?" He asked in a calm voice.
"No... I was thinking about how mad I was at you and I didn't even realize until the bam."
Emir smiled slightly. "See... That's what happens when you're not a good girl. Accidents."
"Don't get on my nerves, Emir. Just let me take a taxi, I want to go home." She tried to unwrap her hand of his arm but he held on tightly.
"I'll do you this favor today because my child got disrupted. Though, I'll take you to your chicken box home myself." He snorted, about to laugh at his own joke.
"Don't you talk about my home... God." She sighed, moving away from him.

While they were on their way to Zeynep's home, Emir's phone rang.
"What is it, my dear sister? Or more like my incapable sister?"
"Where are you?" Asu's annoyed voice, echoed.
"On the road. Did you miss me?"
"Cut the crap and come to the Holding immediately. Unless you have more important things to do."
"I'll be there in a few." He hang up, turning to look at Zeynep. She was staring outside the window, her face away from him.
"Are you okay?" He asked her nonchalantly.
"I hate you." She snapped out of the blue.
"Alright." Emir shrugged his shoulders.
"I hate you for what you make me feel, I hate you!" She raised her voice, placing her palm on her stomach.
Emir just blinked his eyes, staring at the road.
"Stop the car." She ordered him. "Stop it!" She repeated after a few seconds.
He pulled to the side, sighing heavily. He didn't want to fight again with her, she had a long day.
Zeynep got out hastily, trying to calm herself down. She was taking deep breaths, inhaling the fresh air.
Emir got out of the car, resting against the hood of it.
"I don't want to marry him! I don't want any of this! I want you, just you. Always you!" She suddenly blurted, tears filling her eyes.
"But I can't be with you the way you want me to be... I can't be your mistress."
"You can't be anything else, Zeynep." He replied, moving close to her with slow steps.
"Why?! Why can't I be!? Give me a logical reason!"
Her hand gripped his jacket.
"You know why." He smiled sadly.
"Didn't you ever love me? Huh?! Didn't you ever love me?" She shook him a bit, making him flicker his eyes.
"Why are you doing this to yourself when you know you won't like the answer?" He whispered, looking into her eyes.
"I hate you." She cried, letting his jacket go. Taking a few steps backwards, she turned her back to him.
Emir shut his eyes tightly, clenching his fists. He doesn't like this. But he can't lie to her, can he?
"Let me take you back, I have to go." He spoke with his knowing confidence. The one he used when he wanted to hide or avoid something.
"Of course you do... No matter what, in the end you will always go back to her..."
"I'm just going to the company..." He interrupted her.
"Uff... Leave, just leave Emir." She walked down some fields.
"Where are you going? Zeynep!" He shouted, going behind her.
"Don't follow me! Leave!" She shouted back.
"Are you crazy? I won't leave you in the middle of nowhere! Get back here!" With two big steps he gripped her arm strongly. "Move, come on."
"Let me go!"
"Why are you behaving like a brat, huh?! What is wrong with you?" Emir shook her arm.
"Everything is wrong!"
"You knew it since the beginning! You knew I could never give you what you want!" He towered over her, fuming.
"Go to hell!" Zeynep pushed him back. Her eyes were red from crying. "I won't be your mistress! I'm not a whore, I'm not!"
"WHEN DID I SAY YOU WERE!?" He yelled to her face. "You are the one who makes everything hard, Zeynep!"
"I love you! I LOVE YOU! There's nothing hard about it! I want to wake up with you, to sleep with you, to be with you 24/7!"
"Life isn't a fucking fairytale. And I'm no prince charming. I have to go, are you coming?" He raised his eyebrows, his patience running short.
Zeynep nodded her head at herself, looking down. She got in the car, not saying another word.
The moment they reached her house, she mouthed a faint "Thank you." and ran inside. Emir didn't take his eyes off of her until she entered her house.
Why is everything so hard? He's aware he is hurting her but he cannot do differently. It's how it is and she knew it, since the beginning. Shaking his head, he started his car to head to the company.

"What were you doing with Zeynep again?" Asu asked Emir as soon as she burst into his office.
"Do I ask you what you do with Tufan?" He automatically replied, sitting down to his chair.
"Emir! Don't distract yourself! That's why I wanted Zeynep in prison!"
Emir slapped his hand on the desk loudly, standing up.
"About that... Don't think I have forgotten... If you try once again to mess with my business-"
"What will you do, huh?" She smiled. "Is Kemal's sibling more important than your own flesh and blood? Bravo, brother! Let's see what our daddy will say about it." She smirked, crossing her arms.
"He will tell you to stay out of it since Zeynep is carrying our Kozcuoğlu heir." He smirked back.
"What?!" Asu almost screamed.
"My child." He informed her, sitting back down. "But since you aren't in the family anymore, you don't get the news apparently. It's a good thing Banu is not completely useless in there. But you... I can't say the same." He eyed her suspiciously.
"I tried but they said they had a better offer... Don't look at me like that."
"This would bring us millions."
"I said I tried!"
"You didn't try enough!"
"Piss off!"
"Back at you!"
"Kids, what's going on?" Galip entered Emir's office, hearing their argument.
"Ask your daughter, her incapability cost us millions."
"Emir!" Galip shushed him. "It seems like an enemy of our company has their hands in it... Our lawyers are doing a research. The deal was almost arranged, it was decided to get canceled in the last minute..."
"Who would dare to do that?" Emir looked at his father perplexed.
"You would know if you stopped running after Zeynep!" Asu spoke in all attitude.
"Shut your mouth!"
"Zeynep who?" Galip looked between them.
"Kemal's sister, Zeynep." She informed her father, crossing her arms.
"What?! Ozan's wife?! What do you have to do with her?" He asked Emir, turning his full attention to him.
Emir turned his back to them and moved behind his office.
"She's carrying something that belongs to him apparently." Asu spilled the beans, sitting down on the sofa.
"What?! You're going to be a father?! My son!" Galip smiled genuinely, rushing to hug Emir.
Emir rolled his eyes, pulling back.
"Spare me your happy tears and leave my office." He sighed, looking down to some files.
"We are not done, Emir." His father pointed out. "If she's having our heir, why are you still married to that snak-"
"GET OUT!" Emir suddenly shouted, leaving them no room to disagree.

"Where were you all day?" Fehime got into Zeynep's room, holding a towel.
"Out." Zeynep replied, trying to relax in bed.
"You are about to get married, what is this? Are you going to leave your house and stroll?"
"I want to rest, can you leave?" Zeynep sighed. All she wanted to say was 'I'm not getting married to anyone.' but now it wasn't the right time.
"Look at her, look! Bossing her mother around... I'd show you if you weren't pregnant!" She scoffed, shutting the door behind her.
Zeynep closed her eyes, falling asleep almost immediately.

"This job cost millions, Nihan! I took it out of their hands." Kemal was enjoying a peaceful evening with Nihan and Deniz by the sea.
"I would give anything to see Emir's face now." She laughed, kissing Deniz's cheek.
"I will bring him to his knees day by day... He will set you free, Nihan." He assured her, taking her hand in his.
"How will Asu set you free? How will we move past that Zeynep is pregnant from him?"
"The same way Emir will come down, Asu will too... In their weakest moment they'll have to set us free if they want the remains of their company." He explained. "About Zeynep... She tried to hide that the baby is his from me... And I don't even care that much about it, it's more that... Marrying Hakan would be the best way to save herself and her child. Our parents would die hearing that the child is Emir's... Ah Zeynep... I need to talk to her as soon as possible." Kemal shook his head in disbelief.
"Don't give Emir what he wants. Taking his child from him will be the biggest punishment. Let her marry Hakan."
"You're right.." Kemal agreed. "I will talk to Zeynep."

~~

Seriously NihKem?!
Do they think it's that easy to take Emir's child? Hm. 👀

Sorry for not posting earlier, I'm drowning in exams 😭.