Chapter 35

~~

"I don't want you to leave me too, daughter..." Fehime started sobbing in the midst of the living room. Emir was sitting at a chair at the opposite side, holding both Deniz and Poyraz in his lap.
Tarik and Banu were sitted in two different armchairs with blank expressions.
"Mommy, don't do this to me... We talked about this... I am following my family, I'm not leaving you." Zeynep took her mother's hand in hers, trying to comfort her somehow.
"Ah Zeynep, ah..." Fehime placed her hand over Zeynep's, turning her head to Emir who was having both children in his arms. "How lucky is my little lamb who has both his parents..."
"Mom..."
"Call me every day, alright?" Fehime caressed the side of Zeynep's face.
"I will, I promise..."
"Mrs Fehime... Here." Emir stood over her, handing her an envelope. "This is the bank account I have opened for Deniz... Whatever you need, you will find enough money there."
Zeynep raised her look at him, smiling softly. He was totally another person when he wanted to.
Fehime nodded her head, surprised by his move. She was so exhausted that she wasn't even in the mood to fight him.

"Come with me..." Tarık stood up, touching Emir's arm.
Emir side eyed him but followed him anyway. He stood in silence as Tarik was preparing himself to talk.
"You know I hate you, right?" He began, a small smile appearing on his face.
"I don't particularly like you either, Tarik." Emir smiled back, puckering his lips.
"I'm not happy you are with Zeynep... To be honest with you, I'd rather die than seeing her with you..."
"But?" Emir turned his head to the side, narrowing his eyes.
"But... I know she is happy with you... No matter what I'd say, I know she'd still choose to be with you all over again..." Tarık said in a low voice, his look fixed on Emir.
Emir let out a smirk, blinking his eyes. He was so sure himself of Zeynep's love and devotion, there was no place to question it at all. "Is that all?"
"Take care of her... She's the most innocent left among us..."
"That goes without saying. Your sister was always safe under my watch."
"Deniz! Deniz!" Zeynep shouted as Deniz ran out in the garden.
"My sweet orange, where are you going?!" Emir widened his eyes, faking surprise.
Deniz started giggling, running to the opposite direction.
"Where's Poyraz?" Tarik looked around.
"Where could he be, brother? He can't walk yet." Zeynep shook her head in disbelief, catching Deniz. "Come, my bird... It's time to eat."
"Nah uh." She laughed it off, escaping Zeynep's arms.
"Look at her, huh!"
Emir smiled, catching Deniz in two swift moves. "I got you! I got you..." Kissing the side of her head, he took inside.
Fehime had already set the table, waiting for them to come.
Hussein opened the door of his bedroom, meeting everyone in the dining room.
"Dad, are you okay?" Zeynep walked to him, hugging him tightly.
"As fine as I can be, my child." He patted her cheek, passing aside slowly. "Ohhh! My lion grandson!" He then exclaimed, rushing by Poyraz's side at the stroller.
"We'll just have dinner and leave, alright?" Zeynep whispered to Emir's ear, caressing his stomach gently for a moment.
He nodded his head, agreeing. It wasn't that bad after all
"So you gave Deniz my room... That's cute." Zeynep smiled a bit, giving a spoonful of soup to Deniz.
"What could we do, daughter? There's no other room." Her mother replied as she was serving to the plates.
"Is she sleeping well at night?" Emir addressed her after seconds.
"She is, God bless her... We have no complaints."
"That's good." He smiled, pinching Deniz's cheek.

They both left Zeynep's house about two hours later. Poyraz was long asleep, not making a sound.
"Are you okay?" Emir broke the silence, stealing a few glances of her.
"I'm fine... Are you?" She asked back, looking at him expectantly.
"I guess." Shrugging his shoulders, he licked his lower lip like he was preparing to say something. "I want to visit the cemetery before we go."
Zeynep bit her lips to keep them from shaking.
"Okay." She nodded her head, leaning her head back. She hasn't been there ever since the funeral. He hasn't either. A visit would do good to both of them.
"Will you go visit your mother at the clinic?" She questioned him after a while.
"I will do it first thing tomorrow... I missed her." Emir admitted, flickering his eyes.
"Can I join you? I've never -"
"Sure." His reply came automatically, without a second thought.
"Thank you." Zeynep didn't expect this answer, she always knew that Emir's mother was a tough subject she would rather not touch. "How about your father and As-"
"No." He interrupted her before she finished her sentence. "I don't want to see them like that... I have to be prepared about it, think into it... I'm not ready yet."
"As you wish... I'm sorry I brought it up." She turned her face away, keeping silent for the rest of the ride.