Chapter 16

~~

"What does that mean?" Emir asked Tufan, narrowing his eyes.
"I told Mrs Zeynep what you told me, sir. She said she won't be coming back to the house, she'll go to her parents." Tufan cleared his throat, ready for Emir's burst.
"YOU HAD ONE JOB! O N E!" He slapped his desk, raising up from the chair furious.
"But she said it's impossible -"
"I SAY WHAT IS IMPOSSIBLE AND WHAT'S NOT." Emir was fuming. How dare she deny his proposition. She had to go back to him.
Turning his back to Tufan, he tried to calm himself down although it was in vain.
"Get out." He ordered him, trying to think how he'll handle the situation.
Taking his phone out of his pocket, he dialed Zeynep's number.
"What is it, Emir?" She answered after a few seconds.
"Don't 'what' me. What are you doing? Do you want to make me crazy?!"
"I don't like your tone. I am tired."
"And I don't like your nerve! You are coming back to the house I got you."
"I am not. My mother wants to take care of me at our house."
"Do I care about what your mother wants!? My son won't even stay for a second in that chicken box!"
"That chicken box is his mother's home!"
"His mother's home is the one that his father got them!"
"Emir!"
"Zeynep, I said something!"
"I am going to my parents whether you want it or not!"
"I want to see my son whenever I like!"
"Technically you can't see your son yet! UFF, for God's sake... Just-, just let my wound heal and we'll talk again... Don't tire me out Emir, please..."
"YOU don't tire me out! Is this a way to keep me away from my son or what?"
"Are you crazy?! Why would I do that? Stop the nonsense."
"I don't know, too much Soydereness can turn you against me."
"Don't... Please."
"I couldn't even check up on you all this week!"
"Come by my house then!"
"You know that it cannot happen."
"Good. Then you won't see me."
"Zeyyynep!"
"What do you want from me, for God's sake, WHAT?!"
"Just until your wound is healed?"
"Yes."
"I only accept for Poyraz's sake."
"Okay, fine."
"Fine." Emir hung up, throwing the phone on the sofa.
"Emir." Galip entered the same second. "What happened with the girl?"
"Nothing... She's going back to her parents until her wound is healed." He informed him, walking around his desk.
"What?! Of course you won't accept this, will you? It's probably work of this Kemal, to keep my grandson away!" His father said angrily.
"It isn't." Emir simply replied, checking some files.
"Why aren't we kidnapping her?"
"Don't be ridiculous, father."
"They will take our heir away!"
"NO one will take my son away. Let them be for now... I know what I have to do." He kept a thoughtful face, already seeming like he was planning something.
"The thing YOU have to do is divorce that snake Nihan! Let her go to hell with that Kemal!"
"NEVER! NEVER!" Emir's eyes got crazy. "They will never be happy on my watch, never! Deniz is mine and will remain like this."
"Emir! Get your head straight. The child isn't yours!" Galip tried to reason with him.
"She is! She called me father, not him! She loves me, not him! I own the result of their black love and I'm not willing to let it go!" Emir's whole body was shaking from anger. There was no way, not even one in a million, that would make him let go of Nihan and Deniz. He was both a sadist and a masochist.
"My son! The most important thing is your own flesh and blood."
"The most important thing is to never let them be happy! I will always be in the middle, always there to ruin their imaginary happiness!" His eyes were so full of hate that it was almost unreal. This obsession wasn't going away as the time passed... If something, it was becoming an ugly sickness. Hard to cure.

"Zeynep... My sister... You don't have to go back to him." Kemal was sitting by Zeynep's side in the hospital bed. "I can help you with everything, even send you abroad if you don't want to stay."
"No! Not on her own with a baby!" Fehime disagreed, sitting by Zeynep's other side.
"In that case I can get her a new house close to you, mother."
"Why not stay in our house, Allah Allah?!"
Zeynep was looking down her lap all this time, not wanting to participate in the conversation. Whatever they said didn't matter, she had promised Emir.
"Mom, I will stay until my wound is healed. I promised Emir." She finally admitted.
"What promise, girl?! What promise?" Fehime stood up all annoyed.
"Don't bear on her, mother..." Kemal took Zeynep's hand in his. "Zeynep... I can blackmail him... Blackmailing him into divorcing Nihan or I will send you abroad."
"Don't do it, brother. You know it will just end in the worst possible way for all of us..." She sighed heavily.
"This man... You have to stay away from him." He stated. "Your child doesn't need a father like this."
"I've been telling her that! Hakan is-"
"Mother! Enough with Hakan, enough! I said I don't love him!"
"God! Brainless girl!" Fehime scoffed, crossing her arms.
"Zeynep is right, mother. If she doesn't love him, how will she spend a lifetime by his side?" Kemal pulled her hand to his lap. "My beautiful sister, look... Whatever you want to do, just remember to not let yourself get deceived by that man again. Okay?"
Zeynep nodded her head, letting it rest against Kemal's shoulder.

After two days, Zeynep got back to her parents' house. Her mother was taking care of her day and night. She was mostly laying in bed, being pampered like a baby.
"Zeynep, come sit in the living room... I have your food there." Fehime called outside her door.
"Okay, I am coming..." Standing up with slow moves, she went outside. Fehime was at the door, putting her jacket on.
"I am going to the market, girl. Do you want anything?"
"I am actually craving some apple pie, mom. Can you make me some?" Zeynep walked to the living room.
"My baby, is your baby craving it?" Her mother smiled. "I will make you anything you want, my lamb." Her mother came back inside to leave a kiss on her forehead. "My beautiful!"
Zeynep started eating some of the goods Fehime had prepared. Their well known bell, filled the air.
"Uff mom, what did you forget?" She complained, going to the door with slow steps.
"Finally your mom left the house." Emir smirked as she opened the door.
"Emir?!" Zeynep widened her eyes, pulling him inside quickly.
"Did you miss me that much?" He chuckled, standing by her side.
"No! What if someone saw you?" She snapped, going back to the living room.
"What would happen?" Emir turned his head to the side, enjoying her sight.
"Third class gossip." She replied, forcing a sweet smile.
"You're so cute." He shook his head, sitting on the sofa.
"Why did you come?" She crossed her arms, standing nervously.
"I missed you." He shrugged his shoulders, faking a sigh.
Zeynep burst out in a giggling laugh. Emir raised his eyebrows to the sound, it's been a while since he heard her laugh like this.
"Did you find time to miss me? I'm surprised." She began. "I thought you only find time for Nihan."
Emir narrowed his eyes at her, trying to hide a smile. "Your womanly insecurities are a sign of recovery, this makes me happy." He stood up, placing his palm above hers on her belly. "How is he?"
"He's fine." She moved away from him, taking a few steps to the side.
"Why are you moving away from me?" He asked her, trying to get close to her again.
"Don't come closer." Zeynep raised her palm to stop him.
"Why?" His face was close to hers now, inhaling her smell.
"Because I don't want to." Her voice trembled. He was standing way too close.
"You suck at lying, Zeynep." Licking his lips, he placed a small kiss on her chin.
"And you suck in general, let me." She pushed him away. "So instead of coming to see me, you preferred to go preserve your wife's freedom, right?"
"Nihan had nothing to do with your shot." Emir exclaimed casually.
"If I died, would you say the same?" She shook her head at him in disbelief.
"You wouldn't die." His tone was the same, blinking his eyes a few times.
"Huh... I bet you saw that in my palm lines too." She scoffed, turning her face away from him.
"What is wrong with you?" He was getting angry.
"Actually, what is wrong with YOU?! Do you believe that with a little present and note, everything is fine?" Zeynep's eyes watered. "I needed you by my side!"
"You always want TOO much!" He raised his voice, staring back at her.
"I wanted the man I love!" She confessed, tears falling down her cheeks.
"I can't do more than this."
"Then don't expect more of me. I am not coming back to you."
"What did you say?" He took some steps towards her.
"We are over Emir. I will keep on my life without you... You will still be able to see Poyraz whenever you want but that's all." Her eyes never left his.
Emir smiled. "You can't do that."
"I can. I can because I am not alone now. I have my family, I have my son. But you, who do you have?"
"I have my wife and daughter." His reply came automatically. His fists were clenched tightly.
Zeynep nodded her head at him sadly. "In that case, you will be fine. You don't need us... Go to your family, Emir."
"I will, but you will regret it, Zeynep." He warned her. His eyes were red out of tension. "You can't live without me."
"Then let me deal with it. It's not your problem." She signaled him to go to the door. "My mother will be back soon."
Emir kept his look on her for seconds. He then smiled at himself out of frustration and left the house.

Zeynep buried her face in her hands, crying her eyes out. Why is God testing her like this? Why does she always have to cry? Why does she always have to suffer? Why should she go through all this pain? She loves him, there's no doubt. But she can't be blind anymore. Emir can't have it all.
It's either her or Nihan now. Either Poyraz or Deniz.

~~

Zeynep is acting brave 💪
Emir is such an egoist, you can't have it all boy! 🙄
Anyway, enjoy this chapter babies! Thank you for reading and supporting me. ❤️