Chapter 38

~~

"Your results showed that you aren't pregnant. Everything else seems good." The doctor announced to Zeynep.
She was sitting with Emir in the doctor's room, moving her legs nervously. He on the other hand, was sitting comfortably, tapping his fingers on the desk in a rhythmic tone.
"Oh?" She stuttered, her lips shaking a bit. Did she expect this? It's not like she wanted a baby, it was too early, but after that dream the possibility hit her strongly.
"Yes sadly, maybe next time." The doctor understood from her expression that she was really disappointed.
"No, I-"
Emir noticed her reaction and made a grimace, interrupting her. "We weren't even trying. My wife just got suspicious because of a dream." His tone was cynical, annoying Zeynep.
"A dream? Well, sometimes dreams are what is hiding in our subconscious... What we want to happen." The woman explained.
"Do you hear, little one?" He signaled Zeynep, who was giving him a death stare.
He was really annoying her today. What was that behavior?
"My husband on the other hand can be really insensitive, men couldn't care less about that." She snapped, staring back at him.
"Well..." The doctor raised her eyebrows, looking at them both. "You are very young, aren't you? You can always wait."
"That's what I've been trying to say." Emir agreed, still not taking his eyes off Zeynep.
"I am young, my husband isn't."
Her comment made Emir chuckle soundly, a way to hide his anger. If only they were at home right now...
"What does that mean?" His voice came out of his teeth.
"That was all for today." The doctor clapped her hands. "Zeynep, for anything you need you can visit me again. We have to talk about the contraception methods."
"Yes, she will come again." Emir nodded his head and stood up, shaking hands with her.

"Do. Not. Dare. Talking. Like. That. To. Me. Ever. Again." Emir dragged her all the way to the car.
"Slow down! Maniac!" She squirmed, trying to get her arm away.
"What is with you, huh?!" He let her go, as they were standing in the midst of the underground parking lot.
"What is with YOU?!" She pointed at his chest, pushing him back. "Do you enjoy belittling me?!"
"You are acting crazy! Am I belittling you?! You don't even know what you want, Zeynep!" He held her hand down.
"A little support wouldn't harm you! Would it be that bad to have a child?!"
"Where did this come from?! I don't want another child!" He spatted, walking past her. He made his way to the car, leaving her speechless.
Turning around to watch him, her eyes filled with tears. It wasn't what he said that made her cry, it was the way he said it. His tone was hateful, like he was appalled at the thought of another child with her.
"Get in the car." He stopped by her side, opening the window.
Without a second look to him, she turned on her heels and walked all the way to the exit.
Emir was following her in a slow speed, until they reached the exit. He saw her passing the street at the opposite side. "Zeynep! Zeynep!" He shouted from the window.
She made a sign at a taxi and got in. He couldn't manage to follow her since he was heading upwards.
"God damn it!" He cursed, slapping the steering wheel. Grabbing his phone, he proceeded to call her but it went straight to voicemail. "Ah Zeynep..." At the moment he was mad as hell but he just drove home. He can't know where she is going anyway.

"Where's my son?" He asked Efsane as he got back in the house.
"In his- in his room, sir." Efsane swallowed, scared of his look. Who knows what happened again.
With strong steps he entered Poyraz's room, his mood getting slightly better, laying eyes on him.
"My dear son..." He smelled him, hugging his body close. "Your mother is acting up again... I can't understand her... She's the only person who can infuriate me in seconds..."
Poyraz looked at him and made nonsense sounds.
"You agree with me, right? All women are the same." He shook his head, walking around in circles with Poyraz in his arms.

Time passed. Poyraz fell asleep. Emir fed and cared for him. Zeynep was nowhere to be seen. He checked his watch and tried to call her again but she was unreachable.
He walked to the living room angry, passing back and forth.
"Mr Emir?" Eda called out hesitantly.
"What?" He eyed her like he she was annoying him.
"Mrs Zeynep won't come tonight...?" She trailed, blinking her eyes fastly.
His eyes darkened, making his way to her. The girl moved back instinctively, stumbling a bit.
"Why wouldn't she come?" He turned his head to the side. "Do you know something?"
"I- I..."
The main door opened and Zeynep walked inside in different clothes than this evening, holding some additional bags in her hands.
Emir looked at her from head to toe, observing the changes.
"Where were you? Why did you change clothes?"
Eda stared at Zeynep horrified, going back to the kitchen.
"I got bored of them and I changed. So what?" She shrugged her shoulders, leaving the bags on the floor.
"Where were you?!" Grabbing her arm, he brought her close to his chest like he wanted to inhale her smell.
"At Harrods, let me!" She moved back, glaring at him. "Were you worried?" A cynical smile, appeared on her lips.
"I couldn't care less." He spatted, walking away.
Zeynep grimaced, knowing that he was just saying it to get on her nerves.
"I'm going to take a shower, I'm way too tired... Thankfully this kind man offered to bring me back home-"
"What fucking man?!" In a flash, he had her pinned at the side wall.
"I met him at the mall, really nice and kind. All the opposites of you." She smirked, tracing her hand down Emir's chest.
"You let a stranger know where my house is?! My son lives here!" He slapped her hand strongly, making her flinch.
"He doesn't even know I am married... Or that I have a son." She kept her game going.
"How quickly did you switch to good old Zeynep, huh? It only took one word of mine to make you start manhunting."
In a blink of seconds, he stopped her hand from landing onto his face. She wanted to slap him so badly. He was at fault today, not her.
"Will you ever stop insulting me?!" Starting to hit his chest, she moved forward pushing him. "Do you find this amusing?! I AM YOUR WIFE!"
"It's a good thing you reminded me, I had forgotten." He was provoking her even more. How could she disappear like that all day? "This behavior doesn't apply to a Kozcuoğlu wife but more like to a cheap neighborhood woman."
"GOD DAMN YOU!" Her palm finally found its way into his cheek. It was actually a strong one. Emir kept his head to the side, burning up from anger. His chest started heaving up and down. "I HATE YOU! WITH MY WHOLE BEING, I HATE YOU!"
Zeynep was having difficulty to breathe among all her sobbing, she was overly upset.
Raising his head slowly, he eyed her with the deadliest look she had ever witnessed out of him. "I forbid you to do something similar to this, EVER again." Walking to her, he grabbed her chin with his palm, extremely tightening his hold. "Do you think that because I married you, you are important to me? I did it for my son only... Pray that I had such experience that I would never part my son from his mother or else..."
"Stop..." She shook her head, hardly moving her lips as he was pressing on them.
"Don't infuriate me, Zeynep... Don't infuriate me, cause if I start acting all crazy, then you will regret your whole existence..." His grip softened after a few seconds, seeing how hard he was holding onto her face. "Don't play with me. Don't provoke me. If I find out you are doing something behind my back, I will end you."
"I didn't do anything, for God's sake! You are sick! I am not Nihan!" Zeynep shouted, pointed at her chest with shaking hands.
"Don't say her name!" His raised his finger on her face.
"I am yours... I have always been... And look what you are doing... Look at all those things you are saying... You will lose me, Emir! You will!"
"You said it yourself, you are mine... You can't go anywhere..." He grabbed her by her neck, bringing his lips between her mouth and her cheek.
"I will and I won't come back..." She whispered, gripping his shirt strongly.
"You can't leave me... You won't." Pulling back, he caressed her face with both hands seeing how his previous hold had left red marks on her skin. "I am sorry... But do not dare leave me like that again... Do not dare shutting your phone off again... This isn't Turkey, little one. You are alone here, do you understand?"
Zeynep nodded her head. She was way too tired to argue with him anymore. She may have overreacted herself a little bit. Both were at fault for today.
Emir started to walk away as Zeynep opened her mouth to say something.
"What you said today... About not wanting another child..."
"I don't." He cut her off instantly. "Another child brings more responsibilities... And you aren't even ready for the ones you have now."
"Excuse me!?" She faked a laugh. "And you are? Are you aware of what I need as your wife?"
"What do you need, Zeynep?" He forced a smile back, waiting expectantly.
"I need your warmth, your loving... All my life, I've only longed for this..."
"Good, let's go upstairs. I'll show you." He pointed at the upper floor, leaving an innuendo in the air.
"Don't bother..." Zeynep dismissed him pitifully. "I'll sleep in the guest room tonight."
"Stop the nonsense, come with me." He narrowed his eyes at her, laying his hand for her to take.
"You just insinuated I am only here to please your needs and now you expect me to come sleep in the same room as you? I'd rather die."
He rolled his eyes and dragged her upstairs. "Are you really that stupid?" He asked out loud, walking ahead of her.
"You are still insulting me, God damn you!" They were dragging each other on the stairs in a hating manner.
"You are asking for it! Shut your mouth, shut it!" Pushing her inside the room, he closed the door soundly.
"I WON'T! What do you want to do? Chop off my tongue?!"
"Zeynep!"
"Go to hell!"
Emir let out a chuckle and raised her in his arms quickly. With two fast movements he threw her into the pool, clapping his hands as he watched her.
"ARE YOU CRAZY?! PSYCHO, THIS WAS VERSACE!" She yelled, staring at her ruined outfit.
"Who even buys Versace anymore?! Tasteless." He left her there, making his way to the bathroom.

~~

I don't understand how those people are living under the same roof, I don't.
I give up 😂

Enjoy it and thank you for your everlasting support! ❤️