Chapter 22

~~

"Wait here please, we'll examine her." The paramedics told Emir and the others as they took Zeynep in the examination room.
"It's your fault! Your fault!" Fehime pushed Emir, making him lose his balance. "You are a devil, you don't even think about your own child!"
"Enough." Emir raised his eyebrows at her in a warning way.
"She was doing fine! It was all fine until you came! SATAN, SATAN!" She cursed him while Emir rolled his eyes, looking away.
"Let him, mother. He's not worth it... All that matters is Zeynep and my nephew." Kemal intervened, holding his mother back.
"My wife and son, let me remind you." Emir told him emphatically, pointing at himself.
"Now you remember she's your wife? Lowlife!"
"Watch it!"
"Kemal, let him!" Nihan pulled Kemal away. Everyone stayed together except for Emir, who was standing on his own at the opposite side of the corridor.
He was pacing back and forth nervously. He was aware he was partly responsible for what happened. No matter what, it is never his intention to hurt her although he always does.
The doctor came out after half an hour.
"Her husband?"
"Me." Emir moved forward, waiting for the doctor to explain.
"She's doing quite all right, just like the baby. Although she needs to stay away from stress, she's quite weak. Is she taking vitamins?"
"As far as I know, she is... Her doctor had prescribed them early for the exact same reason." He informed him, surprising the others. They could never guess that he would care enough to know that. Even Kemal and Fehime couldn't believe it.
Nihan shook her head a bit, trying to hide a smile.
"In that case, I will prescribe some more supplements. You can take her and leave after we're done. Get well soon." The doctor smiled gently at everyone and went back inside.
"Thank God..." Fehime prayed, rubbing her hands on her face.
Emir entered the examination room after seconds. Zeynep was struggling to come down the stretcher, her belly was making it hard.
"Let me..." He went to her with fast steps, holding her with one hand and pulling her legs down the stretcher with the other.
"Thank you." She looked at him for seconds, trying to let go of his hand. He didn't let her go, walking to the doctor's office.
"Are we done?" He asked him, taking his credit card out of his pocket.
"Yes, I wrote everything your wife needs here." The doctor handed him a piece of paper.
"Like I said, your pregnancy is still quite risky. It seems like you aren't helping yourself either... A baby feels everything their mother feels."
"Do you hear what he says?" Emir turned his head to the side, looking at Zeynep expectantly.
She didn't reply to him, just nodded her head and looked down. She wasn't in the mood for lectures. Not when it is mostly his fault that she came to that point. If he cared enough about her feelings and her condition, he wouldn't hurt her like this.

Almost an hour later they were back at home. Their ride was held completely in silence. As soon as they arrived, Zeynep went upstairs and locked herself into her room. She wasn't in the mood to talk, to argue or do anything else. It would only make her feel worse.
Emir sighed when he saw her going upstairs. He didn't want to dramatize it more than he should. She should rest now. Their talk could wait until tomorrow.
"My Poyraz... I'm sorry I'm hurting you..." Zeynep was talking to her belly while she was laying in bed. "The last thing I want is to burden you, my love... Your dad doesn't love me, he may never will... I'm okay with that because I have you..." She smiled, caressing her abdomen soothingly. "You will fill the emptiness of my heart, won't you? I need it." She sniffled, wiping a tear away from her cheek.

Next day found them having breakfast in silence. Zeynep was playing with the food on her plate without eating it. She had no appetite.
Emir was stealing glances of her from time to time, not knowing how to approach a conversation.
"Why aren't you eating?" He found himself suddenly asking.
Zeynep raised her head, surprised. "I'm not hungry."
"But Poyraz probably is. You need to eat."  He poured some juice in her glass.
"I don't want." She signaled him with her palm to stop pouring.
"Zeynep." He eyed her warningly. "You heard the doctor, do as you're told."
"The doctor said no stress, he didn't mention food." She snapped, pushing her plate away.
"Don't infuriate me. Not on this matter." He fixed a deadly serious look on her face.
"What makes you think you are in a position to talk?" Zeynep wondered, almost cracking a smile.
"Excuse me?" Emir narrowed his eyes at her, not liking her tone.
"You're the cause of my stressing. Everything I am going through leads back to you." She confessed, her hand resting over her belly.
He was just staring at her, waiting for her rant to be over.
"I know you have no respect for me, you proved it yesterday for one more time... But you should be ashamed for putting your son's mother into such a position both embarrassing and stressful for your own child's well being. We get it, you love Nihan, it will always be Nihan... But stop rubbing it on my face in every chance you get! I WISH, I wish I never told you I was pregnant and let you keep on with your fake life... I wish you never had to marry me just to get even with my brother, but it happened. So if you have any hint of respect for your son, do not dare to cry over Nihan again. One way or another I am your wife and sadly you can't change that. Stop being pathetic and man up! I've had enough." She threw a napkin on the table and stood up quickly, walking upstairs.
Emir was left speechless, just blinking his eyes at her sight. Did he just get scolded by Zeynep?
And she told him what? To stop being pathetic and man up?
Letting out a growl, he hit the table with his fist and went after her. How dare she talking like this to him?
"Zeynep! Zeynep!" He shouted, approaching her room. She had the door locked again, fueling his anger.
"Open this goddamned door right now or I swear I'll tear it down!" He banged on it loudly, losing his patience little by little.
"What do you want? WHAT?!" Zeynep shouted back as she opened the door.
"DO.NOT.DARE.SPEAK.TO.ME.LIKE.THAT.AGAIN." He gripped her arm way too tight, causing her pain. He dragged her further into the room, shutting the door behind him.
"Let me! LET ME!" She held his arm, trying to make him let go.
"Who do you think you are? Just because I married you do you think you have any importance over my life? You are my son's mother, the most you'll ever get from me." He told her in a cold voice, making her tear up from his words instantly.
"Nihan is my sickness. You'll never know what she means to me... And she won't go away just because you say so. Don't get your hopes up, little one." He then let her go, almost losing her balance from his strength.
She slowly sat on her bed, crying her eyes out silently. Both of her arms were hugging her belly protectively for some reason.
This isn't right, this can't be her reality.
Is this how everyday is going to be?
No, it can't be. She shook her head, trying to think of a solution...

Emir locked himself in his office. He didn't want to interact with anyone right now. He was so mad, so angry with Zeynep, with Kemal, with Nihan and everyone in general. His everyday life has changed to a point he doesn't recognize himself. What is he doing? Where is this all going? What's the point? For what reason?
Everything is so complicated.
The only thing that is clear is that he has a son on the way, his most valuable belonging.

"What are you saying, Zeynep?" Kemal was left shook by Zeynep's confession.
They met the same evening at Kemal's new house.
"Help me, brother. Help me leave from here." She begged him, holding his hands into hers.
"My sister..."
"Brother, I can't do it anymore... He won't change, not even Poyraz can change him. Help me raise my son safe and sound, away from darkness and evilness... I am begging you."
Kemal stood thoughtful for seconds. He then nodded his head at her all decided. "I will help you, Zeynep. I will help you."
"Will you really?" She cracked a smile. "My dear brother..." She kissed his hand multiple times.
"I need to think, Zeynep... It's not easy... Emir is not a common man... We need a plan." He exclaimed, dialing Zehir's number.
"Zehir, come by my place. I'm waiting."
"I know what I am asking you... I know how hard it is to help me out on this, I don't want you to get in trouble." Zeynep explained softly.
"I will do everything in my power to ensure both yours and your son's safety. Don't you worry." Taking her in his arms, Kemal caressed her hair soothingly.

~~

O H A, what is Zeynep up to?
But Emir is totally being an ass, you can't blame her 😒

Thank you for all your support once again, you are the best of the best ❤️