Chapter 24

~~

Emir spent the night in Zeynep's room. He didn't really sleep but thought about everything that was going into his head: His greatest enemy Kemal, his name, his non existent company, his father, Asu, his mother, Zeynep, Poyraz, Nihan, Deniz...
The list was quite long, he couldn't put two and two together easily. His plans weren't clear, he wasn't sure himself what he wanted to do.
Morning came... Zeynep opened her eyes to find Emir looking back at her without even blinking.
"Good morning..." She mumbled, starting to rub her eyes.
Emir stayed in the same position, like he was waiting for something. Like he wanted to understand something.
"What?" She asked faintly a few seconds later.
"What are you planning with your brother?" He moved closer to her, placing his hand under his head.
Zeynep was taken aback, not expecting this question. "What are you talking about? I don't understand." She lowered her eyes, avoiding his gaze.
"Don't lie to me... Tell what is this all about, I will not get mad." He kept a calm expression, waiting for her to talk.
Sighing, she turned to lay on her back, running her hand through her hair.
"Would you take Poyraz from me?" She heard him ask, feeling her heart breaking into tiny pieces. Tears fell on her cheeks, blocking her eyesight.
"Why?" Emir gripped her chin softly, wanting her to look into his eyes. "Did they turn you against me?"
"No, no..." She shook her head. "I don't want to take him from you, you are making me do it... I'm tired of this Emir... I want to raise him away of troubles and darkness... I don't feel well myself, I'm struggling here." She cried, confessing everything that has been going through her head these past days.
"I would never want you to be away from him... I know how much you want to be a father, a real father." She added, shutting her eyes for a few seconds.
"You'd still take him away without my knowledge..." He trailed, smiling sadly.
"Don't, just don't..."
"You hate me."
Zeynep looked at him with a shocked face. "Of course, I don't hate you." Her palm touched his cheek. "I can't hate you, Emir."
Emir flickered his eyes, letting his palm rest at the side of her neck. "But you'll hate me if you stay."
"I just-"
"Leave." He suddenly dropped his hands and moved out of the bed.
"What?" She asked out loud, trying to raise up a bit.
His back was facing her. She could feel his whole body being tense from the way he was standing.
"If it's for Poyraz's wellbeing, leave... Leave and clear your head. I will clear mine too... At least I'll try." He proposed a solution that even for Emir's standards sounded weird.
"So you are sending me away?" She was unable to comprehend what he was suggesting. How can this be the man she knows?
"You can say it like this..." He nodded his head. "But I will find you the place... I will be the only one who knows about it, I won't lose you from my sight." He raised his finger on her face.
"Ok- okay..." She stuttered, running her hand across her belly.
Emir looked around without focusing for some seconds, moving nervously. He then smiled at himself pitifully and left the room.

"So, what does that mean?" Kemal talked with Zeynep on the phone.
"I told him, brother... I couldn't keep it from him..."
"What did you do?! Why?! WHY?!"
"UFF, don't shout! I couldn't hide it! No matter how weird it'll sound for you, he knows me better than anyone."
"Ah Zeynep, ah. You'll never get rid of him."
"I don't want to get rid of him! It doesn't matter what I say or do, I love him."
"Look what she's saying, look!"
"He's the father of my child, my husband! He is for me what Nihan is for you!"
"Don't dare to compare that dirt with Nihan!"
"Brother, don't! Look, he's letting me leave! I don't know what happened to him but he'd never do it in another case. He doesn't want me to stress either."
"Where will you go?"
"I don't know... He'll arrange the place... Don't worry, brother. I am the mother of his son, he won't harm me in any way. Trust me."
"Okay... Just let me know when you'll figure out everything."
"Don't worry about it."
"Ah, Zeynep! Ah, my sister..."
"Take care, brother. Kiss Deniz from me."
"Will do. Take care too."

"What did you find Mehmet?" Emir was waiting in his car. Mehmet came to meet him.
"I found a very good place, sir. In Şile."
"Good. Did you hire helpers and security? No one should come close to her." He said sharply, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel nervously.
"Yes, Mr Emir. Don't worry, the house is like a small fortress, I made sure of it. But..." Mehmet looked at Emir questionally.
Emir raised his eyebrows, expectantly.
"I mean, Mrs Zeynep is heavily pregnant now... Why should she move?"
Emir laughed for a few seconds at his question and then got deadly serious immediately. "What do you care about my wife, Mehmet?"
"Sir, no, no..." He shook his head. "I meant, I just felt sympathetic for her condit-"
"Do not feel. It is not your place to do so. You are here to obey me." He interrupted him coldly, reminding him his place.
"Of course, forgive me." Mehmet looked away, embarrassed.
Narrowing his eyes, Emir observed his expressions. What gives him the right to care about Zeynep? He didn't like that.
"You will send someone of our men to pick Zeynep up the day after tomorrow."
"I can do it-"
"I don't want you to do it. Get out." Emir ordered him, looking ahead.
He shook his head, looking at Mehmet walking to his car. He has some nerve.

"Zeynep." He called out, opening the door of her bedroom. He could hear water running in the bathroom so he realized she was bathing.
Thinking about something he instantly went down the stairs, heading to the kitchen.
"Efsane! Where is Eda?! Why is no one helping Zeynep? What if she falls while in the bathroom?"
He lectured them angrily, placing his palms on the kitchen counter.
"Mr Emir we-"
"Go upstairs." He pointing up with his finger, signaling her.
"As you wish." Efsane went out quickly, running to the upper floor.
After a few minutes Emir stopped outside Zeynep's room. "Can I come in?"
Efsane opened the door, smiling at him softly. "Excuse me." Bowing her head, she left the room.
"Emir?" Zeynep was sitting by the window seat, in a satin night dress. "Why did you send her up? I can manage."
"You can't. Look at that, it's like you have swallowed a watermelon." He tried to hide a smile, seeing her giggle at his joke. "Any movement here?" He touched her belly gently.
"Non stop movement..." Her hand fell close to his, smiling. "He's quite energetic today."
"Almost a month left..." He sighed, staring at her stomach. "I found a place for you... You will move in about two days."
"Oh?" She exclaimed surprised.
"Uhuh... You will like it, it's close to the shore. In Şile." He stared at her, licking his lower lip.
"Is it too big? I'm scared on my own..."
"You will have security and helpers." He assured her in an attempt to calm her down.
"It's too far..." Her face changed, becoming melancholic.
Emir blinked his eyes a few times, seeing how saddened she has gotten suddenly.
"What is this face now? Don't annoy me... You are the one who asked for it." He rubbed his knees out of frustration.
"I didn't imagine it like this..." She sniffled a bit. "Will you take me there? Don't let me go alone."
"I will." His reply came automatically. He hadn't planned to take her there, since he didn't want to see her leaving for some reason. Even if it wasn't for that long.
"Okay..." She nodded her head, moving closer to him. She hesitantly placed her head on his chest, feeling him froze.
His eyes wandered around unfocused, he didn't know how he was supposed to react. He was struggling between letting his hand touch her back or staying in his place.
"My favorite place..." She sighed happily, caressing his stomach with circling moves. "How I wish we could be like this everyday..."
"It would be boring." Emir stated, placing his arm around her back.
"Uff..." Zeynep moved up, raising up slowly. "Ah..."
"What?" He looked at her worriedly.
"I have some pain, I don't know..." She grimaced, moving uncomfortably.
"Where?" He looked down, touching her belly.
"Down here... AH!" She suddenly felt a sharp pain through her abdomen.
"What?! WHAT?! Zeynep!" He held her shoulders up, trying to understand what is wrong.
"I don't know, I am in pain!" She started breathing fast, her eyes filling with tears.
"God damn it... Come on." In a swift voice he lifted her into his arms. "I'll take you to the hospital, don't worry."
"Emir... My water broke..."
He took a look at her below the waist, her night dress was wet.
"But it's so early..." He trailed, coming down the stairs.
"Allah, help me... Emir..." She hid her face into his neck, crying even harder.
"Shhh, it's okay... It's okay..." Leaving a soft kiss on her forehead he took her to his car.
"Efsane!" He ran back inside. "Prepare a bag with Zeynep's necessities and come to the hospital I'll message you."
"What happened, sir?" She eyed him full of worry.
"My son is coming." He told her, running back outside.

~~

WOOOOOP, Poyraz is coming!
Enjoy! 🌹