oo5.

(i just been spitting chapters out for this book like crazy🤪 show it some love. i do this for yall🙂)

Nyla woke up the next morning sleeping in a bed that she knew she didn't sleep in last night

Nyla woke up the next morning sleeping in a bed that she knew she didn't sleep in last night. She rolled over on the side of the king sized bed and stretched making the big white shirt move up her thighs.

"What the hell? This is not where I fell asleep at." She whispered to herself.

"I thought you was uncomfortable on the couch so I brought you in hea wit me. I ain't touch you tho' so don't worry." Tatum said from behind her, making her jump.

"Oh ok."

"I laid you some clothes out in the bathroom. You can wash off then I'a get you back home." He said simply causing her to nod her head and walk towards the conjoined bathroom in his room.
——
"What the hell happened to yo ass last night?! Where did you run off to?" Monty yelled at Nyla as soon she unlocked the front door.

Monty was a year older than her but they grew up around the same neighborhood so it didn't take too long before they became best friends. Monty swore he was her older brother though.

"C'mon Mon. I'm tired as hell." She pushed past him but he followed behind her.

"Where Kay ass at? She hasn't been here all morning."

Hearing that Nyla's heart sunk to the bottom of her stomach. She had to think of something quick to cover for her girl.

"She uh had to stop somewhere really fast. I didn't wanna go so she dropped me off."

Monty studied her face as to see if she was lying. Lucky for her, she was able to keep a straight ass face and he believed her.

"Aight man whateva." He said as he pushed past her and went into his room.

Nyla looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was only 9:39 so hopefully Kaylin was still asleep at Tay's friend house. She began to panic a little bit because neither of the girls had their cell phones.
———
"Nigga what the fuck you talking about? If Ny told you what was up why the fuck you in my damn face?!" Nyla heard from outside of her door.

She knew it was none other than Kaylin and Monty arguing. It's all they did these days. Ny was used to it.

"Bitch you shoulda brought yo punk ass the fuck home when Ny did! Got her lying for you and shit! Fuck out my face dumb bitch!" Monty yelled.

"Bitch? Fuck you Monty!" Kaylin screamed and then next thing Nyla knew it was silent for a few seconds before she heard things being tossed around.

She hurried up and got out of her bed and ran to their room. She opened the door and saw Kaylin crazy ass throwing anything she could get her hands on at Monty who was telling her to stop.

"Kay! Stop it! What the hell yall wilding for?!" Ny yelled as she snatched the iron from Kay's hand.

"I'm sick of your ho ass cousin wanting to be out all times of night in these streets. Imma good ass man Ny. You know that and her dumb ass do too. She better cherish me while she got me. All I do is work for her expensive ass." Monty explained.

Ny started to feel kind of bad because she knew he was right. Years ago when him and Kay got serious he left the drug game alone and got a good paying 9-5 for her ass. It's like Kay didn't appreciate that shit at all. All she did was spend his money then go out.

"Leave then Mon. If I'm such a hoe and shit then go." Kay said as she walked past Ny and out the room.

"I'm out of here Ny. I love you sis." He said as he went to the closet and grabbed his shit.

Ny was froze and she didn't know whether to stop him or go comfort her cousin. Granted family came first but they were both very important to her life. They both needed her at the moment but she couldn't chose so she just went back to her room.
——

Knock knock!

Nyla snapped her head towards the door as she wondered who the hell it was. It was now hours after Kay and Mon argued and he left then a hour after Kay went out herself. Said she needed time alone so Ny went into the living room and binge watched old episodes of The Parker's.

"Who is it?" She said as she stood and pulled down her spandex Nike shorts.

"Tay."

What the hell?

She unlocked the door and opened it to see him standing there looking good in a camouflage bubble jacket with a black long sleeve tee underneath, dark jeans, and Timberland's.

"Hi." She said.

"Here." He pulled her rose gold iphone 8+ from his pocket and placed it inside her hand. Without another word, he walked off.

"Hey." She said, stopping him in his tracks.

"What's good?"

"Thank you for last night." She said.

He gave a simple head nod and climbed down the stairs.

Damn he fine as hell.

Still a mystery but still fine.

••••••

Do y'all wanna know more about Monty and Kaylin?

What about the workers from the tattoo parlor?