oo10.

(omg i have given y'all FOUR updates today! i'm on a roll🤪 i hope y'all have enjoyed these chapters. continue to vote, comment, and share with a friend. thank you🙂)

On to your regular scheduling......

"Answer me Van." Gee said softly as he waited for her to answer.

Tatum had just excused himself giving the couple time to talk. He had went back down to the waiting room and texted Amber and Kal, telling them what happened. They said they'd be there as soon as possible.

As Tatum sat there all he could think about was Nyla. Savannah was constantly on his tail about giving her a try and telling him every woman wasn't gonna hurt him like his mom did. Physically or emotionally. She did seem like a good girl but only time would tell.

As on cue, Nyla walked back into the hospital dressing now in a tank top jumpsuit from Fashion Nova and her Balenciaga S Trainer sneakers. Her hair was out of the bun and in a middle part in its natural state. He watched as she talked to one of her associates who pointed in his direction.

She walked over with a smile and sat beside him. He didn't even notice the Zaxby's bag in her hand.

"You came back?" He asked.

She smiled. "Yeah I went home to change and then I thought about you and how long you might've been here and I got you some food. I don't know what you like so I just got you some chicken strips and fries."

"You didn't have to do this ma." He said with a smile.

He knew he was hungry but there was no way he was going to leave here without Savannah. He was just going to ask Kal to bring him some food.

"I know I didn't but I wanted to." She looked into his eyes and smiled her beautiful smile once again.

"Thank you."

"No problem. You can pay me back some other time."

"I gotchu." He dug into the bag pulling out the black styrofoam box opening it and pulling out some fries.

"How is she?"

"She's alive. There's a few breaks and bruises but Van's a fighter so I know she'll pull through."

"She's a very sweet girl."

"That's Van. She been like that since we were younger."

"So y'all are childhood friends?"

"Yeah. We stayed in the same apartment complex."

Tay wasn't used to sharing his life with any female but it was like it was easy with Nyla. He just had a feeling that she wouldn't judge him at all. He had a feeling talking to her would come easily but he didn't know that well to tell her about just how close he and Van was.

"Oh okay. That's like me and my best friend. We grew up together in the same neighborhood. He's like a big brother to me. You know my cousin Kaylin. They're together." She grabbed the other plate and started to eat.