oo27.

ok y'all being truthful i feel like i have tatum and nyla at a pretty good paste for now so imma just hold off on them for a while. i'm only saying this because i don't have time for ppl to be like "where the main characters go?" yada yada yahh

back to your regular programming

"Hi, I'm Linda False. Are you Kaylin?" A short petite white lady asked Kaylin with a sincere smile.

"I am." Kaylin said.

After taking a bus ride and a 12 hour plane ride she finally landed in Texas and to the rehab. She didn't get much sleep from the continuous nightmares of Dinero finding her.

Being real she was hella nervous but she had to do this now more than later. Her baby was the most important thing for her living right now. Nothing else seemed to mattered other than that. She had to prove to herself that she would step up and be the mom she imagined she would be.

"Well welcome to our Helping Hands Rehabilitation Center. We've been opened for about 50 years now and we try our absolute hardest to make sure the people who decides to come with us are 110% clean and prepared for the world once their time is up. Ok so you can grab your things and follow me to the rooms where you'll meet your roommate."

Kaylin smiled and grabbed her bags inwardly rolling her eyes. She didn't have time for a damn roommate. She could have sworn she requested a single fucking room but hell it is what it is. She would have to suck up her pride and do what she had to do.

"Kendall?" Linda said as she knocked on the white door with a peephole.

"Yeah?" A voice said back.

"Your roommate is here honey. Open up."

Seconds later the door pulled open and a very beautiful brown skin girl came to the door. She looked like she had never picked up a drug in her single life but Kay wasn't one to judge.

 She looked like she had never picked up a drug in her single life but Kay wasn't one to judge

"Kaylin, this is Kendall. You girls will be sharing a room and a bathroom together. Get well acquainted. Kaylin once you get unpacked, you can come down five doors and enter my office where we'll talk and began your getting clean process."

"Thank you." Kaylin said softly as she lifted her bags and moved to the available bed on the right side.

The room was painted a creamy white color and had two painted pictures on the walls with a large mirror hung up. There was a desk drawer between the two beds separating them. A door to the right led to a walk in closet and the door to the left was the bathroom with a shower, bath, and toilet.

Kendall said nothing as she continued to write in her notebook. She didn't even bother to ask Kay if she needed any help.

"Ok." Kaylin whispered to herself before she started to unpack her minimal amount of things and placing them in the designated areas.

She decided to change her clothes and bathe before going to meet with Linda.

The hot water cascaded down her body sending welcoming chills. It had been a minute since she was available to stand to bathe from the pains in her legs from the tugging and pulling. She took baths all the time with Dinero to soak her bruises. They didn't last very long from him finding yet another reason to come fuck with her.

She rubbed her belly that was the shape of a grapefruit but the pudge was evident. She started to sing her favorite Jhene Aiko song "Sing to Me" to her little peanut. They were all each other had.

The thought of aborting did cross her mind heavily in the beginning but she couldn't pull herself to do it.

Kaylin closed her eyes and just let the water run down her body as she thought about happy times with Nyla. She missed her cousin and only best friend so much.

"Don't use all the hot water!" Kendall yelled, snapping Kaylin from her thoughts.

"O-o-ok." Kaylin yelled back as she turned the water off and climbed out, wrapping her body in the white terry towel.

"Thank you." Kendall said with a soft smile.

"No problem."

"Hey what you here for?" Kendall asked with her legs crossed as she sat up on her bed.

Kaylin continued to get ready before she was dressed in a white v-neck and spandex shorts with Nike slides. She had brushed her wet hair into a messy bun. She sighed before taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

"Crack, you?" She said keeping it short.

She didn't know this girl at all to be telling her personal business.

"Prescription pills, heroin, and X."

Kaylin was truly shocked. She wouldn't never imagine a girl that looked entirely so normal to be addicted to some dangerous shit. Hell she guessed that's what people thought about her.

"How are you still managing?" Kaylin asked.

"Yeah I know. I should be dead somewhere based on how much I did. I was a mess girl. I came here on my 19th birthday to get help. I skipped the first thirty days because I felt it wasn't enough for me so I been here for a year now. I'm healed and better but I don't fully trust myself yet."

"You're only 20? I'm 23. I let a nigga do this shit to me. I was dumb as hell but now all I have is me and peanut here." She said as she rubbed her stomach as usual.

"You're pregnant?! Oh my God. I never would have known. Your figure is still amazing. Granted I seen the pudge but I figured you had a damn beer belly girl."

They shared a laugh.

"Yeah it's a lil baby inside me. I'm here for my child mainly. If it wasn't for my baby I would probably be dead."

"That's real. You'll make it girl. I know I was kinda standoffish when you first got here but I promise I got you." She said with truly genuine intentions.

"Thank you so much girl."

"It ain't nothing mama. We just gotta look out for each other you know? Me more so you because of the baby."

Kaylin smiled genuinely for the first time in a long time as she truly found a real friend.

______

excuse all typos.