bonus chapter.

in honor of being close to hitting 100K🥳

three months later...

"Do you still think about her?" Nyla asked Monty as they sat side by side on her back porch watching the sun go down and sharing glasses of wine.

"Hell yeah. Shit still hard man. Makes me think on how I shoulda been there for her." Monty sighed.

"Don't beat yourself up. Once y'all made up y'all were good. It was evident that girl loved you and you loved that girl. Think about lil man."

Karter was now very close to almost his first year of life( A/N I honestly don't know how old this child is so bare with me😭😬) and growing up to be more like his mama every day. He had her facial expressions and attitude down pack. Luckily for Monty he didn't have to do it all on his own. He had Nyla, Tay, Van, Gee, Amber, Jamie, Ollie, Amari, and Kendall to all help. They said it took a village to raise a child anyways and that's what he was blessed with.

"I do. Every single day. I think about bettering his life and how this shit gon affect him when he get older. It's certain shit niggas be needing a mama's touch on and he ain't gon have dat." Mon pulled out his pouch of weed and rolling papers, knowing it was time to take the edge off. He rolled up his blunt in less than five minutes and went to smoking.

"I'm not his mama but I'll most definitely help where I can."

"I know sis and I highly appreciate you for that shit. That's real."

"You know it ain't nothing, big head." She teased as she pushed his shoulder, causing them both to laugh.

Monty was truly blessed to have somebody like Nyla in his corner. She was the definition on what a true friend was. She was rock solid to Kaylin and Monty & she never chose sides. She figured it was always best to let them handle they own shit.

Kaylin's death was hard on Nyla as it was on Monty. She and Kaylin was literally attached to the hip since their childhood days. It was so odd that this was happening but Nyla knew it too shall pass.
——-

"Alright y'all know we're all gathered here to celebrate the opening of my baby's second boutique KayLux, named in honor of Kaylin. Rest in peace sis and slay the different hair colors up in heaven. Congratulations baby." Tay said as he lifted his wine glass up in the air, causing everybody to follow suit.

"Thank you so much. I couldn't have done it without you my love." Nyla said softly as she pulled her man down to her level, planting sweet kisses on his lips.

This year was very hectic for them. After the trials and tribulations & thousands of dollars spent on therapy they came back together like nothing ever happened. Leaving the past in the past was the best thing they had ever done. She forgot all about Kilo and forgave him for her own sake and Kinlei's sake as well.

She began planning for her second location months before Kaylin passed but kept it a secret for some odd reason. She just wanted things to go smoothly with her first boutique before she opened up another. Everything was solid in her first baby though gaining lots of celebrity attention and promotion on social media.

Also her mind was in shambles from new mommy life to running around with her other boutique. She was going through hell and back at home so it was pointless to try something new when other shit was in complete shambles.

Once her and Tatum got shit going in the right direction, then she started to take her planning into action knowing Kay would cuss her out if she didn't do what made her happy.

"Congrats mama. Love you." Jamie squealed to Nyla as they embraced in a hug.

Her belly was rounding out from carrying baby number two for her and Amber's growing family. She carried a very small one and a half month pudge. Life for her was good as well. Happy and getting in touch with her family.

"Thank you so much baby."

Nyla went about hugging and thanking everyone who she came in contact with before she was pulled to the front by Van.

"So this year we lost someone very important to us all. If you knew Kaylin her presence was very bold and honest but she was a good time. She was the most realest person I've ever known and she not only left behind a son but two close friends who were near and dear to her heart. So to celebrate Nyla's new venture we wanted to all dedicate you with a gift." Van said into the microphone as Tay brought a huge wrapped gift to his queen.

She was confused being that she hated surprises so her heart melted once she opened the wrapping paper and seen a extra large drawn portrait of a throwback photo of her, Mon, and Kay in the middle all doing the silly ass poses from their teenage years. The artwork was so beautiful and Nyla couldn't decide whether to hang it up in her home or her shop but in that moment all she could do was cry in happiness.
——
"Alright bro you got everything?" Nyla asked Monty as she pushed suitcases into his Escalade truck.

"Shit this the whole house right here so it better be everything." He teased as he stood beside her causing her to roll her eyes.

"I still can't believe y'all leaving me." She pouted as her eyes watered.

It was true. The time had come for Monty and his son to move on. He knew it he really wanted to heal and move forward he would have to leave his city. He was happy with his decision but he would extremely miss his little sister.

"Aw man come on. Not today, Ny." He pulled her into a bear hug with the scent of tropical fruits from her hair smacking his across the face.

"You're right you're right. I'm sorry. I'm proud of you though. Taking the next step for your child. Always put him first, Mon." She decided to shed a little bit of light on her friend, who nodded in understanding.

"Alright well imma let you go before I cry up a damn hurricane. I love you. Be safe. I pray for safe travels. Call me when you get there." She said before pulling him into another hug.

She walked to the backseat, seeing a sleeping Karter in his car seat. Placing a soft kiss on his forehead, she whispered "I love you baby boy" before gently closing the door.

Mon climbed into the driver seat as Nyla climbed into hers. She waited a while letting him pull off before she left.

"Protect them always Kaylin." She whispered softly before pulling out the driveway.

it's almost 3am right now & im up writing🤦🏾‍♀️
EXCUSE ALL TYPOS.

thank y'all so much💗

see you over at the sequel!!!!!

vote.

comment.

leave feedback.

add to your library.

share.