oo19.

Ever since he seen Nyla's face at the hospital lobby, she was all X seemed to think about. He hated the way he did her when she needed him the most three years ago but to be honest he was only focused on getting a bag. It was no lie that he loved her but shit they were still young so he wasn't too sure on where he seen shit going with her.

"Baby boy has your nose." Nadia said as she smiled, looking at their son.

Isaiah Xavier Bell.

X sat close beside her hospital bed but his mind wasn't there at all. He sat with so much shit on his mind that he didn't even hear shit his wife just said but the burning stare she gave sent heatwaves through his cheek causing him to look at her.

"What you say baby?" He asked.

"What's the problem Xavier? Ever since you got here you been out of it."

Nadia was beautiful. She was half black, half Indian so her skin was a rich brown sugar. Her silky back length hair was always parted down the middle flowing down her back. Her lips were a nice size with some pearly whites to match it. She had one dimple on her left side that their son had inherited from her.

"Ain't nothing wrong with me. I'm good." He tried to reassured her.

"If you say so." She said with a sigh.

She knew her husband. They had been together for two years, making them meet a year after he left Nyla. It was just something about Nadia that attracted him to her. They had their first child, a daughter a year after they met. Zuri Maliyah Bell.

"Imma go grab some coffee from downstairs. Do you want anything?" He asked.

She shook her head no as he stood over her placing a kiss on her lips and she watched him as he kissed their son on the forehead.

He went downstairs to the cafeteria, grabbing a coffee and doughnut then tried to find a seat but the only one available was by Nyla. What a coincidence? He sighed and sucked up his pride allowing his feet to lead him her way.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked her.

She looked up, rolled her eyes, and was prepared to leave before he asked her to stay.

"Wait Nyla stay." He asked with pleading eyes.

She placed her bags back down as she took a seat across from him and crossed her arms, instantly feeling the tears form in her eyes which she refused to let him see.

"I'm sorry." He said.

Still she said nothing.

"I was young then Nyla damn. Don't hold that shit ova' my head forever."

She still stared, feeling as though she had nothing to say because she did no wrong.

"You should have told me before that night."

She scoffed, knowing that he couldn't possibly have changed. All he did then was try to place his mistakes on her making it her fault. He did that shit all the time back in the day so she wasn't surprised at all. Nya could read his black ass like her favorite fucking book.