oo40.

Nyla woke up around 5 in the morning and wasn't surprised when she didn't see Tatum in bed behind her. It's like sometimes he would overthink about his childhood and stay up later than usual.

She groaned and rubbed her eyes then sat up and turned until her white manicured feet sunk into the plus half carpet. She rubbed Kinlei as she stood up and walked out the room, following the sniffles.

"You ok?" She asked as she stood in the doorway of his office where he handled most of the shit for the shop.

He looked at her with red eyes as he wiped his eyes. Yeah he was comfortable about Nyla but he didn't need her to think he was a bitch ass nigga even though he knew she would never think that about him.

"What you doing up, mama?" He asked ignoring her question.

"Worried about you." She moved closer to him and stood over his side with her arm around his neck.

He instantly let go of his tense shoulders and hugged her waist as he kissed her belly. Nyla was truly his comfort zone. She was the only girl that could get him to open. She understood why he was the way he was and the change he encountered because of her was the best.

But he still had the nightmares of his mom most nights so he would wake up and go to his office & just think about why.

"I'm here for you." Ny whispered as she laid her head on his.

"I know." He said.

Seconds later, the room was filled with low sniffles. Nyla's heart broke every time. She didn't experience anything like his childhood but she knew how much it hurt to not have any parents to love you. He was lucky for Savannah, Angie, and David. They changed his life.

Nyla took a seat on his lap and kissed away his tears.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked.

He shook his head no and placed her on his lap picking her up and carrying her back to their bedroom, where they fell asleep.

Nyla was perfect for him. She didn't overcrowd him nor did she tell anybody about their personal business. She gave him what he needed whatever it may be. Instead of giving him his space she let him know she was there whenever he wanted to talk.

She was the love of his life.
——-
"Daddy gonna be the best he can be for you. I promise. Kinlei you probably the size of a melon right now but you got my heart baby girl." He whispered to his daughter as his large hand rubbed around it.

He looked up and saw Nyla was still peacefully sleeping. She looked beautiful even through the snores and slob on the corner of her mouth.

Tatum was about to finish talking until he heard a knock on his front door. He stood up and placed on his shorts as he climbed down the stairs.

"I'm coming!"

He opened the door and came face to face with Jennifer, Nyla's hairstylist. She had a pink gift bag in her hand so he just assumed she was just dropping off a gift since she missed the baby shower. He was kind of confused because she had never did any home visits but he left her in anyway.

"Hey Tay. I hope I'm not messing up y'all morning." She said politely as she stepped in the door dressed in all white.

A bodysuit that exposed her sides with a pair of white bottom flare jeans and some white sandals was what she wore.

"Nah you good. You need me to go wake up Ny?"

"No."

A look of confusion was now evident as fuck upon Tatum's face.

"It seems weird but I'm here for talk to you about something hella important." She shifted her weight on her left foot as nervousness suddenly came over her.

"Alright. We can take a seat in the living room." He said and led the way.

"Alright so this might be weird but ever since I started to do Nyla's hair and she kept mentioning that her man's name was Tatum I just knew I had heard that damn name before but I couldn't put my finger on where." She looked into his eyes as she continued to talk.

"We have the same father." She blurred out.

Tatum's face held no expression as he looked into her eyes to see if she was bluffing of not. She stared back at his eyes like a old school western stand off.

"I don't know my dad shorty so I don't know if you lying or not."

"Look I have no need to lie to you about shit but I always asked my dad to reach out to you once he told me about you. His name is Rodney Sims, about your shade, you have his eyes and we both have his lips. He told me all about Debora and you when I had just turned 16 years old. I drilled his ass about why he waited so damn long to tell me and why he left you but he never answered me."

Tay's head was all over the damn place. There was no fucking way his dad would up and leave him & his mom to go start another family somewhere else while Tay went through the wrath of Debora getting over her heartbreak. There was no denying him and Jen had similarities but he didn't want to believe her right then. Something inside of him killed off his dad a long time ago so he was just hoping this was a dream he could wake up from.

"I didn't wanna tell you like this but I just felt bad knowing my niece wouldn't know who the hell I was. I wanna get to know you Tatum I do. Maybe dad can come by and talk to—"

"Fuck that man." Was the only thing he could say.

"Hey, babe. You weren't in bed when I got—" Nyla said groggily as she entered the living room with confusion on her face as well as to why her hairstylist was in her living room.

"What's going on?" She asked as she sat next to Tay.

"Jennifer says that she's my sister."

"Whaaaat? No way." Nyla said matching the face Tay made when he first got the news.

"By your dad right? I mean there's no way your mom had a baby."

"Yeah by our dad." Jen said.

"Look Jen no disrespect but the way I view shit I don't have a dad so with that being said I don't have a fucking sister on the nigga's side either." He said with a scowl and stood to leave, leaving both women looking shocked as hell.

It honestly took me FOREVVVVVA to make this chapter make some damn sense and i'm not sure if it does but shit at least I posted.

LeaveFEEDBACK, VOTE, comment, allat.

(as of August 31 2019, I'm scratching the last part of this chapter out about him and Jen being siblings. I am in the proofreading stage and I do see now that this story has a lot of different points of views which is ok because it includes everyone but I can see how it can get confusing so I do apologize.)