oo36.

Savannah smiled down at her daughter, who was peacefully sleeping on her stomach. Amirah looked more and more like her father every single day. Sometimes it was hard for Van to look at her without thinking about the news she received the day Amirah was born. She had one more month left until her baby was full term but luckily she didn't have any complications during labor.

"You so beautiful pooh." Van cooed to her baby as she stood up and walked to the kitchen.

She opened up the fridge and decided to just eat some yogurt for now and cook dinner later. She should have went ahead and got it out the way because Amirah would not let her get shit done.

"Who is it?" Van asked once she heard somebody knock at her door.

"Hadji."

She walked to the front door and stood to the side letting him in her two bedroom apartment. He looked good considering his condition. He didn't look sick and nobody would know unless he told them.

"Hi." Van said as she sat on the couch and watched TV.

"What's good? Where my baby at?" He asked sitting beside her.

"Finally sleeping."

"Oh."

This was how it was every time they linked up. Awkward and hella weird. There was no bad blood from Van towards him but since that day she just decided that she couldn't do it. It wasn't because of him having HIV but she couldn't fully trust him anymore so they separated sending her to a new apartment since he bought their first home together.

He still came around to see their child which was the only reason why he had her address.

After their split Van continued to do tats at the shop and he did too but even there the tension was awkward between them. Nobody treated Gee any differently than before but they knew how Van was and understood why she didn't stay.

"Mhm."

"So how you been?" He asked her.

"Good. You?"

"I been straight. Going to the doctors all the time, getting treatments and stuff. Working to take my mind off shit."

"Shit like what?"

"This whole shit Savannah. I blame myself everyday for that night. I thank God that nothing happened to you or my baby cause I woulda lost it."

"Luckily we're fine Hadji."

"You never did that to me before this shit."

She looked at him for the first time since he came.

"And did what exactly?"

"Talked to me in that voice. I know I messed up but at the end of the day I didn't do this shit to hurt you."

"I'm sure you think you didn't Gee but you fuckin' did!" She screamed as she started to cry.

His heart shattered to see her beautiful face shed so many tears caused at his expense. Yeah he fucked up but Savannah was his everything at a point of time. There wasn't nothing he wouldn't do to get his family back.

Minutes later they both heard crying. It was going on 9pm and Van had to open up the shop early in the morning so she let Gee tend to Amirah then told him to go on his way once she fell back asleep.

"Hi princess." He cooed to his daughter, who looked up and gave him a gummy smile.

She was his twin in very aspect of the way. The skin tone, the eyes, the lips, and the nose & ears was all Gee. There was no damn denying she was his.

Around 10:40 she was finally sleep again and Gee was too tired to honestly drive so he decided to lay on the couch. He knew Van was a heavy ass sleeper so she wouldn't know he stayed if he left before she woke up.
——-
Van woke up the next morning and when she tried to sit up, she looked down and saw a pair of tatted arms wrapped around her waist. She rolled her eyes and smacked her teeth as she tried to get out of his death grip.

"Hadji move damn it." She groaned.

"Just lay wimme for a minute longer Van please." He said behind her with his breath on her neck.

"Boy move I have to fuckin' work and get my baby ready for her grandparents."

"C'mon Van look I called Tay and told him you couldn't open today. He understood. Ma and pops did too."

She still was hella tired so she gave into temptation and just let him hold her. Trying to do this mother stuff with Amirah was something so she was constantly drained. She didn't say it but she missed this feeling he gave her. There was no way possible she could just fall out of love with him in a matter of months but he didn't know that.