epilogue.

EXCUSE ALL TYPOS‼️ i didn't feel like proofreading tonight!

"So how have you two been doing?" Dr. Shanice Gray asked Tatum and Nyla who sat in front of her with friendly smiles on their faces.

She had been their therapist for four months and she took amazing pride in her job. Dr. Gray was a fifteen year therapist who had been known for her ability to fix broken couples. When she first took over Nyla and Tatum's case, she could tell just from their answers on the questionnaire that she would be in for a lot but it's what made her job interesting.

"I've been good. The boutique is doing really well especially after we got an amazing rating from none other than Queen Naija and Cardi B just a month ago. Since then business has been skyrocketing. I cannot complain. My little munchkin is almost a year old and walking getting into my pots and pans."Nyla beamed with joy as she spoke about her boutique and her daughter, Kinlei.

Tatum sat on her left side and applauded her for her achievements. He always knew that Nyla would do her best at whatever she did so he had no doubt with she told him about the boutique.

"That's very good Nyla. You're smiling more and your glow is back. It's good to see it!" Dr. Gray smiled.

After the death of Kaylin, it was very evident that Nyla nor Monty was the same and being honest they never would be the same. Nyla took it absolutely hard. She stopped eating, going to the boutique, and even acting as her normal self.

"Thank you so much. The death of my cousin was hard on me but I did have Tatum there for me during that hard time of need. It was nice to have him there and just console me. Of course I did have a grudge towards him after he told me his side chick may be pregnant but it's like once I lost my cousin I needed him presence more than ever." Nyla said.

"And Tatum?" Dr. Gray asked Tatum.

"I'm pretty good as well. I have no complaints being that the shop is moving numbers. Booking celebrity after celebrity. Kinlei is doing amazing and starting to look like me more and more everyday pissing her mama off." He said with a chuckle, causing Nyla to playfully roll her eyes.

"Whatever."

"I'm seeing that the connection between you two are doing a lot better. Let's touch bases on the separate therapy and how that's going." Dr. Gray asked with her leg crossed at the knee & her fancy monogrammed pen and pad laid rested against her dark chocolate skin. Her natural hair was in a silk pressed state with loose curls framing her chunky face.

Nyla smiled as she took crossed her leg that was designed in her brand new diamond Jimmy Choos. Today she was dressed in an all white bondage dress that fit wonderfully against her curves. Tatum wore dark jeans with a white button down & Air Max's.

"Um when we first started the process of separate therapy my therapist wanted to touch a lot of bases on my mother and how the abuse I went through as a child affected me in the long run. Honestly it's been pretty good to have the need of somebody who will listen to me and really listen. A year ago whenever it rained, it would always take me back to a place of remembering a certain abuse. When I got with Nyla I slept much better during the rain. Since I started therapy the rain doesn't bother me anymore nor do I get memories."

"That's really good Tatum! I'm proud to hear that. Continue to prosper."

"My session with therapy has been good as well. At first it was very tricky on me being that I didn't wanna talk about my ex, my past, or the passing of my cousin. I just wanted to go to therapy for the sake of myself moving on and not shedding light on what hurt me but turns out therapy has been great on me. I'm way happier."

The couple spend a few more hours with Dr. Gray before heading out to lunch. It's just something that they had decided to do to repair their relationship and it worked out well. Kinlei would be with her grandparents so it was a great time for bonding.

"How's Mon holding up?" Tay asked.

"He's good. Just taking shit one step at a time. He wants to move out the state for a new start. Just him and Karter." Nyla answered since her and Monty made sure to keep in touch with weekly phone calls.

"That might be good for them though. Too many memories of Kay are here and that shit be hard on y'all. Monty a strong ass nigga but losing the one you love could end anybody or take a minute to get past."

"You're right. So we haven't talked about Keloid and if she's pregnant so what's up with that?" Nyla said with a smirk, knowing she purposely gave Kilo a new name.

"You know that ain't that girl name but nah she ain't pregnant. Thank God. I can only deal with one bad ass child and baby mother right now." He teased, causing Ny to flick him off.

"Boy please." She giggled.

There was no denying that the love was there between the two and with hard work & dedication they may be able to reconcile.

Because as stated before, she was truly the reason why he tossed his guns to the wind and decided to give love another try. Nyla was honestly his whole heart and with their little family just starting off, his heart was full.

——
Nyla & Tatum were taking shit one step at a time with repairing their relationship. They knew they loved each other so much but they had problems to work out so they decided to take couples therapy as well as separate therapy to work on their issues. They were amazing co-parents for Kinlei. After about seven months of therapy, they decided to try another relationship out remembering to always be honest.

Savannah and Gee were now engaged & expecting their second & third children being that she was pregnant with twins. Amirah was one years old and active just like Gee. She was the smartest thing ever to be so young. Despite their problems in the past, the couple was finally back on track with no problems.

Jamie & Amber were trying to conceive their first child together through IVF. Amber stopped working at the tattoo parlor and went back to school for business management so she could someday help Jamie build up her art collection. Josiah now understood the aspect of having two mommies and he loved Amber so much.

Olivia left for school during her sixth month of pregnancy. Her and Amari were still together and planned on making shit work with schoolwork and traveling back & forth for the sake of their unborn child.

I am done😭🧡 It's hurting my heart to finish so soon but for this particular book my mind is blank and I still have to plan the sequel so it's safe to say that this was the FINAL chapter of Gunz In The Wind.

I just truly wanna say thank y'all for reading this book! It means so much to me! I didn't except to see over 1K reads on this book but biiiiiiitch now I've surpassed 60K and I am shooketh😭🧡 I appreciate all the feedback, votes, and reads so much. It was hard for me to post constantly knowing I was busy all the time but I always made sure to post a chapter or at least an author's note. Thank yall🧡🧡🧡🧡

Expect the official cover reveal and description to the sequel maybe the end of this week.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow my page.