oo53.

Excuse all typos‼️

two months later....

After the day that Kay was killed, Monty killed Dinero. There was a reason why he didn't take the shot before. He knew the type of evil nigga Dinero was and if he saw that Mon was trying to kill him that would have really made him kill Kaylin just to see the young hustler suffer.

Mon was hoping that somebody in his team would take the shot but they too were walking on eggshells and waiting on Monty's orders. This wasn't some random ass bitch but Monty's world and to say they were honestly lost for the first time would be an understatement. Monty wasn't even mad because he wouldn't want them to go popping off and make shit worse.

Him and his team roamed around the whole house in search for baby Karter and found him towered by a young teenaged girl who Mon found out was Dinero's kid cousin. She was there to watch Karter. Truth be told she had never been in any part of Dinero's business so she didn't know what to do when the gunshots went off other than keeping the baby safe because she knew her older cousin would kill her if she didn't.

"I gotchu man." Monty said as he kissed all over Karter's face.

He knew that life for him would not be the same but he had to go on for his son. He knew that Kaylin would want him to do so. He had Nyla and the rest of the gang there for emotional support.

Speaking of Nyla, she almost had a heart attack when she found out her cousin was killed. She cried hysterically for a whole week and even allowed Tatum to hold her at night. He was truly her safe haven in that time of need.

They were not back together at the moment but she honestly needed him and he was willing to be there. He told the rest of the friends about Kay's death and how Nyla & Monty would need a minute in their time of coping. Everyone that was around them offered plenty of condolences and grieved over Kay.

"Hey. I didn't know y'all was coming by today." Nyla smiled as she opened the front door to let Karter and Monty through.

"Yeah I was about to drop lil man off to daycare and he kept babbling for Ny Ny so I just decided to bring him by right quick." He gave his lil sis a small hug.

Karter was now an almost walking ten months(A/N I don't even know how old he is so please excuse me😭) and was getting into anything in sight. There was nights were he would cry and Monty knew that it was for his mom but he had no doubt that she would be sitting right beside him in spirit in kissing her son's head and telling him everything will be ok.

"Aw papa missed me? Hi baby!" She cooed as she picked up her nephew.

She was dressed in regular loungewear; a tank top and a pair of gray leggings. Her natural hair was in a puff and she wore no socks over her nude pink painted toes. She looked better than she did months ago. She was eating again and finally trying to get back to herself, knowing it's what Kaylin would want her to do.

Karter cooed as he looked into her eyes that were similar to his mom's eye color and smiled. He grabbed at her gold chain softly and laid his head on her chest. Nyla held onto him in the same sense she had seen his mom do one too many times, laying him against her chest and running her fingers through his soft curls.

Monty sat across from them on the opposite couch. It was good to see his son bonding with Nyla being that she would be very important in his life.

"You ok?" She asked.

"I'm good. Some days harder than others but I'm good for the most part."

"Good good." She shook her head.

"Mornin'" Tay said as he entered Nyla's dining area in a pair of gray sweatshorts with Kinlei wide awake in his arms. Her natural hair tossed messily over her chocolate face.

"Good morning. Good morning mama." Nyla said she took her baby and held her on the opposite side of Karter.

Tatum walked over to Monty and dapped him up giving him a side hug. He didn't know what to say to the man especially after everything that happened so he also kept shit short now.

"How you holding up?"

"Shit you know some days hard, some good. I gotta keep going for lil man so I'm good either way you know?" Monty said to Tay, who nodded his head in understanding.

"I hear that. We here if you need anything man. Gotta look out for family."

"Appreciate that. That's real."

Monty decided to stay and talk with the family for a few hours before he decided to stop by Kay's gravesite. Nyla and Tatum kept Karter for the remainder of the day. It was still really crazy for Monty to see her that way but her spirit was always present. There was days where he would just hear her laugh or her catchphrases and just burst out laughing from the person that she was.

"Hey baby. I just decided to stop by and talk to you for a lil bit. Karter's safe. He's bonding with Kin, Nyla, and Tatum. Nyla's doing well.Starting to smile more and shit. You know us three was attached to the hip even after everything that happened. I hope you can forgive me for not doing what I had to do. Forgive me if I wasn't always the man you needed me to be. Just forgive me if I ever wronged you in anyway. I miss you mama and I love you always. Just always be with me and guide me to where I should be."

The tears rolled down his face as he held his knees and rocked side to side. He chuckled, remembering there was a time he told Kaylin he wouldn't ever cry in front of her because it wasn't manly and she told him to shut the fuck up and express his feelings. She was as blunt as they came but she was extremely sweet and down to earth too. He truly missed her a lot and would always do right by Karter.

——
epilogue coming either tmrrw or friday based upon votes and comments on this chapter!
vote.
comment.
ask questions.
share with friends.
follow my page.
🙂