Badge and the Burden.

(a/n: this chapter will mostly based on the transcript of the original show.)

Third Person's PoV

When you got back to your seat Professor Port starts his 'discussion.'

Port: "Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!" cricket sound can be heard to the background.

You, Blake and Yang are sitting up and paying attention, Weiss is taking notes, and Ruby has her head propped in her hand as she takes a quick nap until she is woken back up by Port's bad joke, which receives a cricket-filled silence as a result.

Port: "Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses..." gives Yang a wink, which she groans uncomfortably.

(y/n): "Look Yang, looks like Portsy's have an 'eye' for you." you said jokingly while playfully elbowing her.

Yang: "shut up (y/n)." you just giggle to her reaction.

Port: "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!" he asked the crowd hoping to get their attention.

Student: "*aises his hand* ayyyy-yep!" he stands like this for a moment as everyone looks at him strangely before sitting down, embarrassed.

Port: "That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy..."

His words fade into the background (and a series of "blah"s) when Weiss notices Ruby is very focused on penciling the paper in front of her.

Port: "...Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. 'Peter', he told me..."

The speech evolves into more "blah"s as Ruby chuckles at her creation and shows it to her teammates: a ball-with-limbs-and-a-head drawing of the teacher with stink lines coming from him and "Professor Poop" written underneath. Ruby blows a quick raspberry. You, Blake and Yang laugh, but Weiss looks annoyed.

Port: "Ah-heh-hem!" he waits until he has their attention again.

Port: "In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero!"

The teacher takes a bow as Weiss slowly gets more and more frustrated with Ruby's antics.

Port: "The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable!"

Ruby is balancing an apple on a book with her pencil held only by her finger while making a silly face.

Port: "A true Huntsman must be dependable!"

Ruby has fallen asleep again in the first class of the year.

Port: "A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!"

Ruby is not-so-subtly picking her nose, much to Weiss' building anger.

Port: "So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?"

(y/n)/Weiss: "I do, sir!" you both raise your hand.

Port: "Well, then, let's find out!" he turns to gesture at the glowing red eyes surrounded by shadow shaking the cage that traps it.