I'm Betty Cooper

Chapter 1
Betty POV:
I'm Betty Cooper. One of the most feared people in the small town of Riverdale. I'm actually pretty nice but since I'm a Serpent people assume I'm going to hurt them.

Why might you ask, because I'm the leader of the most notorious gang; The Serpents.

Here's a little back story about me. This might sound surprising but I use to live on the North Side. Things started going wrong when I was around 15 years old, My mother and father always pressure me to get A+ 's nothing less. If I failed to get an A+ they would beat me up until I was unconscious. They found any reason to beat me up when I think back. They never really liked me, they preferred my sister, Polly. In my parents eyes I was a disappointment since birth and there was nothing I could do to change it. And there was no way I would fight back, it would make everything in my terrible life worse.

I had finally had enough of all the abuse and had ran away from home. I had little money with me and only a couple pairs of clothes.

I began to walk, anywhere that wasn't near my parents house. I noticed I had walked onto the South Side but I couldn't stop, until some guy tried to harass me. He pulled out a knife and brought it close to my neck. I quickly grabbed the knife and stabbed it into his chest causing him to faint from the amount of blood he was losing.

Then I heard a deep and intimating voice approach me. You would think I would be scared by the guy but I did just stab a person.

Fp: nice defense you got. I haven't seen someone as talented as yourself in a while.
Betty: uh, thanks.
Fp: what's your name and where are your parents?
Betty: My name is Betty Cooper and I ran away from home. What's your name? I say confidently
Fp: well Betty, I'm Fp. He says with a genuine smile as he comes up close to me.
Fp: I have a deal for you. You can live with me but you will need to stay on the South Side and become a Serpent. I see a lot of potential in you.
Betty: what's a Serpent? I ask him.

He invites me to stay at his house so he could explain in the morning. I knew a little about the Serpents but not a lot. I remember my mother warning me to stay away from the South Side no matter what, but here I was, now in a Serpents bed. It kinda felt nice, knowing someone saw something in me.

I woke up the next morning and walked into the kitchen. He was luckily awake and had made me breakfast. As he gave me my breakfast he explained everything I would need to know about the Serpents. I was intrigued and just wanted to leave my abusive parents. I agreed and he took me to the Whyte Wyrm.

When I first walked in I was greeted by creepy old men staring at me, looking at me like I was there next victim. I ran up to Fp and stayed next to him, he must have noticed I was a little scared and he held my hand. He walked him and myself up onto the stage and began to speak into the microphone.

Fp: Serpents! Listen up. He said in his dominant voice, not like when we were alone. He would be kind and calming towards me. Everyone immediately stopped there conversations and looked up to him.
Fp: I would like to introduce you all to the newest member of the Junior Serpents. Everyone started cheering with joy. I really felt like I was meant to be here. Until a guy around my age piped up.
Sweet Pea: how come we never saw her do the initiation? Did she even do it? He says sounding mad. All I could think about was what is the initiation?
Fp: Sweet Pea settle down. She didn't do the initiation as she has already proven herself to me. Do you have a problem with that?
Sweet Pea: n-no
Fp: Good! Anyone else got a problem. Speak now! He yells. No one dares speak back to him. Maybe he's the leader, but why would the leader see potential in a plain old North Side girl.
He grabs my hand and takes us off of the stage and walks towards the other junior Serpents and told them to look after me.
Betty: hi I'm Betty. I say with a smile.
There was one girl and two boys. The girl and one of the guys gave me a smile while the other guy, Sweet Pea if I can recall remained with a straight face. I get the feeling he won't like me.
Toni: hi, I'm Toni. To my left is Fangs and to my right is Sweet Pea, you may already know him she laughs and so does Fangs.
Betty: nice to meet you all. I say
Toni: Betty you are absolutely gorgeous. I smile to her.
Toni: But your all pretty colours and rainbows we need to go shopping. We need clothes that will make you look more South Side. I nod my head and inform Fp I'm going shopping with Toni. He agrees and tells me to be home by 10pm, that gives us 3 hours to go shopping.

Me and Toni finish up shopping. We spent the whole time laughing and becoming better friends. I have never felt this excepted by anyone before joining the Serpents. We head back to my new house and Toni leaves. I head to my room and put away all my new clothes, I had finally finished un packing the last couple things I brought and then Fp called me into the kitchen to have dinner.
Fp: did you get along with the other Serpents?
Betty: Yeah, Toni seems really nice, Fangs also seems cool. But I get the feeling Sweet Pea doesn't really like me. I say looking down.
Fp: Don't worry about him. He's just jealous you didn't have to do the initiation like he and the rest had to.
Betty: what is the initiation and why didn't I have to do it?
Fp: the initiation is were you complete three different tasks, if your a guy. If your a girl you have to do a pole dance for the rest of the Serpents. And for why you didn't have to do it is because I saw you the day you stabbed that guy, there was something in your eyes, I new you were different from all the other North Siders. I know you will be a valuable part of the Serpents.
Betty: Thank you Fp. I say whilst embracing him in a hug.
Fp: No problem Betty. Now go to bed. You start school tomorrow. I say good night and head to my bedroom. I knew I was going to love it here. I shortly fall asleep for a couple hours until I hear someone tapping at my window. I get out of bed and look out the window, to my surprise I saw Sweet Pea motioning for me to come outside. I was in my pyjamas and walked outside.
Betty: Sweet Pea, it's 3am. What are you doing here? I ask tiredly
Sweet Pea: sorry for waking you up. I just wanted to apologise for the way I acted yesterday. I had know right to behave like that.
We sit down on a broken log and continue to talk.
Betty: Don't worry it's fine. I say with a cheerful smile
Sweet Pea: it's not. I was just having family troubles- I interrupted him knowing it is hard to talk about family to others.
Betty: don't worry about it, I understand. Friends?
Sweet Pea: friends he says and puts out a hand for me to shake. I giggle and pull him into a hug.
Sweet Pea: I don't do hugs.
Betty: don't worry I won't let this ruin your bad boy reputation.
Sweet Pea: I'm so honoured. We both laugh and stand up.
Betty: I'm going to bed now since it is 3am. I'll see you tomorrow?
Sweet Pea: of course. Bye Betts.
Betty: Bye Sweets I say to him and walk back inside.
Over time me, Fangs, Toni and Sweet Pea all became really close. I will never be able to thank Fp for everything he has done for me. I'm so happy I'm a Serpent.

N/A what up? This is my second story. I always love reading story's where Betty and Fp have a close relationship with each other so I decided to make one myself. This was a brief explanation of how Betty become a Serpent and stuff.
DONT WORRY BUGHEAD WILL BE HERE SOON