New Serpent leader

Chapter 2
Betty POV:
Now that you have learnt about the most important thing to happen to me. I'll catch you up on what happened about two weeks ago, another big point in my life.

It all started as a normal day. I woke up at 6am, had a shower and made breakfast for myself and Fp. I yelled out to Fp to get up so he can eat. He got out of his room and gave me a kiss on my cheek. Me and Fp have been really close over the past years, he's had a significant impact on my life, i will never stop being grateful for everything he's done for me.
We eat breakfast together and talk about the Serpents until we hear a knock at the door, I get up to get it and I greet Sweet Pea.
Betty: Hey Sweets
Sweet Pea: hey Betts. Ready for school?
Betty: of course. I say with a smile
Sweet Pea: I don't get why you like school.
Betty: Sweets, when you actually understand the basics of what you're learning you might actually start to learn something.
Sweet Pea: I feel offended. He says placing a hand over his heart.
Betty: you should I laugh at him.
Betty: Bye Fp.
Fp: bye kids he says as we walk out.
Me and Sweet Pea arrive at school and meet up with Toni and Fangs. We had gotten through half the day and it was finally lunch. The four of us decided to sit outside today and soak up the sun. When Toni begins to speak.
Toni: What did everyone get on the math test? I got 64%
Fangs: I got 54%
Sweet Pea: I...um.. got 34% he says while pretending to cough, we all laugh at him.
Betty: I got 102% they all gasp
Sweet Pea: I'm dumb Betty but you can't possibly get 102% on a test.
Betty:  yes you are dumb. We all laugh apart from Sweet Pea, he just glares at me.
Betty: I would say I'm sorry but I'm not. I giggle
Betty: Anyway there was a question on the test that everyone got wrong apart from me so he gave me extra credit for it.
Sweet Pea: woah Betts. But how do you know all this stuff? You barely pay attention in class since your talking to me, which I know is way better then Math. We all laugh
Betty: Oh Sweets, you really think of yourself like that. We all laugh.
Betty: but on the North Side I had to know this by the age I was 9
Fangs: I barely understand it now how did you understand it then.
Betty: I spent hours learning how to do it and as you guys never do any of your homework you will never learn it. I laugh.
Toni: we're Serpents, we don't have time. How do you manage to do your homework? And your Fp's kid, kinda, not really. But he's the leader, you obviously wouldn't spend much time at home, how do you fit it all in?
Betty: Your right T. I'm organized and I have a schedule for everything. That's how I get everything done.
Sweet Pea: why am I not surprised he says standing up as the bell had just gone. He stretches his hand out for me to take and I gladly take it. We head to our lockers which are next to each other and head to our last two classes which we luckily have together. Everyone thinks me and Sweet Pea are dating but we're just best friends, ever since he apologized that night we instantly became best friends. He was a kind and charming guy once you break through his walls. We managed to survive our next two classes and we wait for Toni and Fangs outside of school at the end of the day. The four of us walk to the Whyte Wyrm. We shortly arrive and enter the bar but it seems too quiet and dead inside.
Betty: what's going on. I yell out. If any other Serpent were to yell out like I did they would face a punishment, but since I'm with Fp they don't mind.
Tall boy: Betty we need to go to the hospital, boss has been shot. Have you got your bike here?
Betty: yes and let's go! I say with panic in my voice.
I get on my bike and Sweat Pea gets on behind me.
Sweet Pea: If you think I'm letting you do this alone, your insane.
Betty: Thank you I say. I put on my helmet and Sweet Pea puts on his. We shortly arrive at the hospital but the nurses aren't telling us anything, they said we had to wait in the waiting room. I was pacing around the waiting room thinking about all the possible things that could have happened to him. My mind was doing backflips, he could be hurt, he's strong, he's our leader he will be fine. My thoughts were cut off when a nurse walked out of Fp's room.
Nurse: is there a Mrs.Cooper here?
Betty: Yea, that's me.
Nurse: Mr. Jones requested to see you. I nod my head and walk towards his door. I take a deep breath and prepare myself for what I might see. I open the door and all I can see are monitors and iv's attached to him. I walk towards him and grab his hand.
Fp: Betty?
Betty: yeah, it's me. Wh-what happened I ask him letting a tear fall down my face. Fp raises his hand and wipes away my tear. I gently smile at him.
Fp: one of the ghoulies must have seen me alone and unarmed and took a shot at me. Luckily for me they had terrible aim and only hit me in the shoulder.
Betty: It was a Ghoulie. I say a little to loudly.
Fp: Betty calm down. I'm fine.
Betty: Fp! They could've hurt you. Your lucky it was only your arm.
I say sitting down on the chair next to his bed.
Fp: Betty you don't need to worry about me. Remember, I should be worrying about you. We both laugh.
Betty: well I will be taking care of you so you can rest your arm. No complaints.
Fp: Fine only because I know there is no why I can get out of this. I'm a damn Serpent leader and I can't convince a 18 year old that I'm fine.
Betty: Good. I always win, remember. We both laugh.
Betty: Anyway I should probably let the other Serpents come and visit you. Do you know when you can be discharged?
Fp: I will be out in 3 hours. They just need to do a couple more tests
Betty: ok. I will be outside if you need anything I say standing up.
Fp: thank you Betty.
I smile as I walk out. Everyone sees me walking out with a smile on my face and they all instantly feel calmer, letting there worries go.
Sweet Pea: how is he?
Betty: he got shot in his arm, so it's not that bad. He will be discharged in 3 hours
Sweet Pea: that's great Betts. He says pulling me into a hug. We stay like that for a little while until Sweet Pea went to visit him. It had now been 3 hours and I could finally take Fp home. Tall boy let me borrow his truck as I came on my bike. We had finally arrived home and I had Fp sat on the couch and I was making dinner.
Fp: shouldn't I be making you dinner he yelled from the couch, making us both chuckle
Betty: Well it would take you two times as long and let's face it, I'm a better cook then you.
Fp: True we both laugh. I had finished cooking dinner and I place it on the table. Fp makes his way to the table and we began to eat.
Fp: Betty I want to tell you something. He says in a serious tone. I start to get nervous.
Betty: ok, sure. I say trying to sound as confident as possible.
Fp: So as you know, I'm the Serpents leader, obviously. I have been doing it for 12 years. I feel it's my time to retire as the Serpents leader.
Betty: WHAT. I yell out.
Betty: how long have you been thinking about this? I ask.
Fp: probably a couple months. That also means I need to appoint a new leader.
Betty: have you chosen who yet?
Fp: actually yes.
Betty: who? I ask excitedly.
Fp: You. He says with a grin.
Betty: ME? WHY? I say looking at him whilst I take a sip of my water.
Fp: The night I found you defending yourself, I new it then. I new that I wanted you to be apart of the Serpents. I new you could hold your own and would be able to be a good asset for the Serpents. I think there was always apart of me that new I would pick you as the next leader. He says with a smile.
Betty: you really think I am good enough to lead the Serpents?
Fp: absolutely. You have proven yourself to me and the other Serpents multiple times. You even got Sweet Pea to apologize to you on the second day of knowing him, you have to be pretty special for that to happen. I also wanted to ask you, are you and him Dating?
I burst out laughing.
Betty: Nope, just friends.
I went to bed that night with a smile on my face. Fp really believed I could be the Serpents leader. I will make him proud.

A/N
You no something weird? I was re-reading this to try and spot any mistakes, and as I was reading I was like I like this story. Then I realised I'm writing this no shit I should like it.
Also I'm sick 😩