Second place

Chapter 25
Please vote!!
Jughead POV:

( The day that Betty went to Caleb's grave. Apart from Jughead doesn't know any of this. )

I wake up Sunday morning without Betty next to me. It was around 7am so I decided to get up. She was probably already up I thought to myself. I walk past her room, she wasn't there. She wasn't in the bathroom, kitchen or lounge. I see my dad in the kitchen eating breakfast so I decided to make myself some as well and ask if he knew where Betty was.

Jughead: Morning dad, do you know where Betty is? I ask him. His whole attitude drops, he goes back to normal but still sounds a little off.
Fp: uh... she's with Sweet Pea. He says as if he wasn't suppose to say that.

There's something going on.

Jughead: ok. I reply finishing my breakfast and returning back to my room.p

I feel as if Sweet Pea spends more time with my girlfriend then I actually do. It's as if when ever I'm with Betty he some how snakes his way in. I get that they're friends and all but do they have to spend so much time together? When ever I'm with her I feel like I have to compete to spend time with her. What if he does have feelings for Betty? She's mine and I'm hers.

I decided I couldn't sit here and keep thinking like that, I got some of my stuff and headed to the library. I know it's a weird choice to relax but I love reading and writing, so does Betty. I love her and need her.

I had been at the library for about 5 hours and decided to head home. After a short walk I arrive home. I had been sitting in the lounge and Betty walks in, I instantly grew a small I thought I could never get to leave, until Sweet Pea walks in behind her.

Betty: Hey Jug. She says cheerfully.
Jughead: Hi, where were you? I asked her slightly mad. Why was he still with her?
Betty: we were just out. She says to me normally, although I could tell there was something she's hiding, and I get the feeling it's big. My anger side takes over me.
Sweet Pea: do you have a problem with me? He asked annoyed.
Jughead: me, no. Just the fact your always with my girlfriend. I say with pure anger flowing through my words.
Betty: Can we please not do this now. She says trying to get us to stop, I was in no mood to let this go. I had been fighting for her attention ever since I met her. What am i talking about, she has given me and Sweet Pea equal time. But of course I was to big headed to realize that. Why do I have to me like this, why can't I be rational about everything.

Jughead: Stop defending him. I says looking straight at Betty.
Betty: I'm not! I don't want my best friend and boyfriend fighting. She said raising her voice a little.

My dad must have been watching the whole time as he stepped in.

Fp: That's enough he growls at the three of us.

Before I could even comprehend what I had said Sweet Pea had grabbed her hand and taken her outside. I could hear the sound of his motorcycle leaving... leaving with Betty.

I was mad and confused, I start storming off to my room until my dad stops me.

Fp: where do you think your going! Sit down. My dad was flaming. I don't really understand why but I'm not going to test him. I take a seat on the couch and look up to him.

Fp: what was that all about? He growls at me. Sometimes I feel he loves Betty more then me.
Jughead: Nothing. I scoff. He wasn't satisfied with my answer.
Fp: your jealous of nothing. He says. He doesn't understand. Or does he know more then I do?
Jughead: so I shouldn't be jealous of the guy who spends all his time with my girlfriend. I say growling at my father.

Fp: They have a brother sister type relationship, after everything they've been through they would never date. Do you really not trust Betty? He growls back. What have they been through that could make each other never be able to date and have a brother and sister type relationship? And do I trust her?
Jughead: what have they been through? I ask a bit calmer.
Fp: that's not for me to say. He says.
Jughead: but it's ok for Sweet Pea to know. I growl back.

Fp: Jughead! He has been there for Betty at the start of her being a Serpent to now. He has helped Betty in ways you will never no. She's done the same for him. As Serpents they've dealt with stuff together that at their age they shouldn't have to. And you, you've just walked into her life. You've been in her life for 5 months and you expect her to tell you everything? He says and I go silent.
Fp: Jug... they will always have a brother and sister type relationship. And today was the worst time for Betty that you could start a fight. He says and walks off. What does he mean it's the worst time for Betty?

I go to my bedroom and try to understand everything that just happened. From me yelling at Betty to my dad telling me I had no reason to be jealous of Sweet Pea. It didn't make sense that Sweet Pea was so protective over Betty, but then again she hasn't told me everything.

I couldn't even describe how I felt anymore, I feel angry, confused, mad and hurt, but I also feel bad that I did this to Betty. Betty is my everything... I think. I don't know, I'm confused.

How bad did I make everything? So many questions were flooding my mind. What have they been through? Why are they like brother and sister? Why was today the worst day to start an argument for Betty? But the question that I couldn't get to leave; do I trust Betty? I don't know anymore. I really don't know.

I hate all these thoughts so I go to sleep. I feel dead without her.

I wake up the next morning feeling as bad as I did last night. I grab a piece of fruit and walk to school, I didn't want to deal with my dad. I didn't want anyone, apart from Betty.

( they're all at school now )

A/N two posts one day ❤️
And Jughead is being an insecure asshole!