He wouldn't like me

Chapter 6
Betty POV:

I wake up at 5:30am and decided to go on my phone and check my messages. There were loads from my North Side friends and there were some from my Serpent friends congratulating me on becoming the first ever female Serpent leader. After I had finished responding to all those messages I go out into the kitchen and pack my bag. Shortly after Jughead walks into the kitchen.

Betty: Morning Jughead. Do you want some breakfast?
Jughead: morning Betty and yes please, I smile and make breakfast for the three of us.

Fp must have heard us as he wake up earlier then usual.

Fp: morning kids
Betty: Good morning Fp
Jughead: morning dad. Fp at to the both of us. I quickly make breakfast and place it in front of the boys, they both reply with a "thank you" and began to eat.
Fp: Jughead will be starting Riverdale High today. Can you show him around Betty?
Betty: Of course. I hear a knock on the door and tell Jughead to get his stuff so we can leave.

We walk into the student lounge and when everyone sees my face they are completely shocked, apart from Jughead and the other Serpents who were standing there casually.

Reggie: Betty! What happened to you? He asks with worry filled through his voice.
Betty: I was doing the initiation to become the leader. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt. I laugh and so do the rest of the Serpents. My North Side friends jaws drop.
Veronica: how are you still alive she says.
Betty: I've been with the Serpents for three years a couple punches doesn't hurt anymore.
Sweet Pea: a couple punches? You went through everything. You even managed to stay standing after you got hit with the knuckle buster 5 times. Your invincible. All the Serpents laugh at his remark.
Archie: A knuckle buster? You sure have changed. We all laugh.
Betty: and everyone this is Jughead. They all greet him and say there hellos until the bell goes. I check Jughead's time table and see he has double history with me. I walk him to his locker and then we go to mine. He seems really nice and has a passion for writing, like I do. Apart from I don't really have the time to write anymore. I was closing my locker when I here Malachi once again call my name. Doesn't he understand I want nothing to do with him.

Malachi: we meet again. He says with a devilish smirk.
Betty: how unfortunate.
Malachi: my offer for the Ghoulies still stands and remember how sexy you would look in my jacket he says with a wink.
Betty: and remember what I said last time, I would rather not wear trash.
Malachi: your sassy ness turns me on. If only I could have my way with you.  I walk closer to him and speak again.
Betty: Why don't you then? I smirk and like always he runs off.
Betty: and that Jughead is how you deal with an idiot. We both laugh.
Jughead: who is he?
Betty: He is Malachi, leader of the Ghoulies.
Jughead: Ghoulies?
Betty: There like the Serpents apart from they sell drugs and are our rival gang. Try to avoid them. He nods his head.

Jughead POV:

The way Betty handled that guy was amazing, no wonder she is the leader of the Serpents. Betty seems to be a kind and caring person. When ever I'm around her my heart seems to skip a beat. I'm sure she has a boyfriend though, her and that Sweet Pea guy seem close. I chose not to read into my feelings about her to much and carry on with my day. It was soon lunch and I was greeted by a smiling Betty. We sit down and talk while we wait for the others.

Betty: how's your first day going? She asked me cheerfully.
Jughead: Good surprisingly, apart from all the teachers here are so boring and give you mountains of home work. We both laugh until we here someone call Betty's name.

Sweet Pea: hey betts and Jughead. We both reply with a hello. Until another girl calling for Betty comes in. She has so many damn friends.

Veronica: hey B.
Betty: hey V she replied
Veronica: B and Jughead Weatherbee wants to speak to you both.
Betty: Do you know why?
Veronica: No idea, but you should probably go. Me and Betty both stand up and walk towards his office. I begin to pounder about why I was being called into the principals office, I'm new, I couldn't have done anything wrong yet. Betty knocks on his door and we walk in.
PW: take a seat kids. We do as he says.
PW: the reason I called you both in here is because I want to re-open the blue and gold; the schools newspaper. I remember how talented you are Mrs. Cooper and Jughead I have seen your work and it's incredible. I would love it if you two would write for the Blue and Gold. I need an answer by the end of the week. You're both dismissed.
We walk out and breathed out a sigh of relief.
Betty: are you going to do it? she asks me.
Jughead: maybe, how about you?
Betty: mhh, I'm not sure. I mean I would love to but I don't really have that much spare time.
Jughead: why don't we both do it? I say with a smile. Hoping I would be able to spend more time with Betty. What am I talking about, I live with her.
Betty: why not, let's do it. She smiles.

The day soon comes to an end and we walk home together talking about anything that came to our minds. It turns out we had a lot in common. We arrive home and are greeted by my dad.

Fp: hey kids. How was your first day of school Jughead?
Jughead: It was pretty good actually. I smile.
Fp: what are you both doing tonight?
Jughead: I'm doing home work.
Betty: Same. I'm also going out with Fangs tonight.
Fp: ok, just make sure not to be home to late my father says as she walks to her room.

I sit on the couch and daydream about Betty, from her perfect hair to her phenomenal smile. I am brought out of my thoughts to my father trying to get my attention.

Fp: Jug...Jughead!
Jughead: uh... yeah?
Fp: oh my god.
Jughead: what? I asked confusedly.
Fp: you like Betty. He says with a grin. Was I that obvious.
Jughead: keep your voice down and no.
Fp: Son, I can tell when your lying. He says still with that annoying grin.
Jughead: ok fine. I like her. But she would never like me and she probably has a boyfriend.
Fp: You never know and she's single.
Jughead: really? I asked surprised.
Fp: Yep. As soon as he says that Betty comes out of her room and announces she will be leaving soon.

Betty: I'm heading out with Fangs soon. Do you want me to pick up dinner on the way home? I'm only staying with Fangs for about half an hour.
Fp: Your half an hour is 5 hours. We all laugh.
Betty: yes, but I'm setting him up on a date he doesn't no about and hopefully he doesn't try and kill me. We all laugh and she heads out.

She's perfect.

Betty POV:

I know both Fangs and Kevin like each other so I decided to set them up on a date. I arrive at Pop's and see Fangs sitting there waiting for me.

Fangs: hey Betts he says.
Betty: hey Fangs I say. I then hear the door open and see Kevin walk in. I then quickly look at Fangs and explain my plan.
Betty: Let me say this very fast. You like Kevin, Kevin likes you. I set you guys up on a date and you tell me everything tomorrow. He just gives me a smile as I walk towards Kevin, "good luck" I whisper to him and he gives me a confident smile as I walk to Pop and order some food for Jughead, Fp and I.

I get the food and head home. I walk inside to Fp watching Tv and Jughead still doing homework. "I have dinner" I yelled out to them from the kitchen. They both came rushing out into the kitchen and grabbed some food. We all talk and chat. We laughed most of the time, seeing the way Jughead's face lit up when he laughed was gorgeous and the way apart of his hair falls out from under his beanie makes me melt. I think I like Jughead. Fp helps me clean up while Jughead goes back to his homework.

Fp: you like Jughead don't you? What the hell, how could he possibly know already. I try to play it cool.
Betty: yeah he seems nice.
Fp: You know what I mean. He says with a grin. I give up and just confess.
Betty: ok. Your right. But he would never like me.
Fp: How are you so sure? He says with a bigger grin then before. I've never seen Fp this happy.
Betty: wait, hold on! Has he said something to you?
Fp: maybe...
Betty: Fp tell me.
Fp: he told me that he likes you but doesn't think you would like him back. I squealed from excitement. I can't believe someone I like, likes me back. Jughead has his ear phones in so he couldn't hear the conversation.

Fp looks at me and tells me to "calm down" whilst he has a grin on his face. I think he wants to get us together, which I am more then fine with. Jughead is perfect.

A/N we love a supportive dad.
Also thank you so much for all the supportive comments on my story's, it means the world. And for anyone that is only seeing me for the first time I have another story about Bughead
" why me?"