We will never work out

Chapter 10
Jughead POV:

I woke up at 6:30am and it's a Monday morning, another reason to hate Monday. I lay in bed and think about what could possibly happen today. I thought to myself, today was the day I was going to break up with Betty, maybe, I don't know. I really do love her but she is to good for me, not to mention how different we are. She's a Serpent who knows how to defend herself and knows how to protect herself. Well then there's me. I can't defend myself. I'm useless. She can and will do so much better then me.

I get up and walk past the kitchen and see Betty making breakfast for the three of us. I sit in the lounge and grab my computer, I try to avoid all possible eye contact with her.

Betty: hey Jug. She says with her sweet voice. Maybe I shouldn't break up with her. No. I have to.
Jughead: Good morning Betty I say whilst continuing to look at my computer. Out of the corner of my eye I see a disappointed look on her face.
Betty: uh- Breakfast will be ready soon she says and walks back into the kitchen.

I watch her place the food on the table and my dad walk to the kitchen and sit down. We eat in a awkward silence, I'm pretty sure my dad noticed. We walk to school in complete silence as well.

We arrive at school and she heads to the student lounge and I say I need to finish some stuff up at the Blue and Gold.

Betty POV:

Jughead has been acting really weird and rude this morning, then he made up some excuse that he had to finish up some work. I walk to the student lounge with a sad expression. Only Reggie was there, it was still early for the others to have arrived.

Reggie: hey Betts. What's wrong? He says sitting down next to me.
Betty: I'm not sure. Jughead has been acting weird lately. I think he wants to break up with me. I sigh.
Reggie: Betty, I've seen the way he looks at you, he practically worships you. He isn't going to break up with you he says reassuringly.
Betty: he could have changed his mind. I say
Reggie: he could've changed his mind in the last couple days he says chuckling.
Betty: you better be right Reg.
Reggie: when am I wrong? He says grinning.
Betty: when we're doing maths I say making us both burst out laughing.

The day goes slow and I have no classes with Jughead. In a way I'm glad, I still have the feeling he is going to break up with me. After school I decided I would confront him. It's now lunch and all of my Northside friends are doing some sort of extra curricular, so my Serpent friends and I decided to sit outside.

Toni: where's lover boy she asks me whilst laughing
Betty: I don't know I say looking down.
Sweet Pea: Betts, what's going on he says in a sympathetic voice.
Betty: I don't know. He was acting off this morning. I think he's going to break up with me.
Sweet: Don't worry, this is your first relationship. It's probably nothing.
Betty: says the one who has never been in one. We all laugh.
Fangs: at least your acting like your normal self. Putting Sweet Pea in his place.
Betty: someone has to. I say
Sweet Pea: Hey! We all laugh. The bell goes and me and Sweet Pea have the last two classes together.

We were in class and Sweet Pea leans over and talks to me, he must have noticed that I was still stressing.

Sweet Pea: if anything happens tonight come to mine. I'm sure my mum wouldn't mind, I think she loves you more then me. We both laugh.
Betty: thank you Sweets. And for what it's worth your not completely annoying. I chuckle.
Sweet Pea: Betty! Are you ok? The Betty I know would never be so nice. He laughs and I punch him, whilst I laugh.
Sweet Pea: that's the Betty I know. He says laughing and rubbing his arm where I punched him.
Betty: Thank you Sweets, for always being there for me.
Sweet Pea: of course Betts. He says with a smile.