No gun or jacket

Chapter 21

Betty POV:

Monday morning. After this stressful weekend I've had I'm kinda glad to go back to school, I'm just not sure what to expect.

I get up and change into a plain blue crop top and jeans. I walk into the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cereal and sat there peacefully thinking, will I notice the security guards Fp had in place? Will I know them? I'm close with majority of the Serpents.

I take a spoon full of my food and I hear two doors open. The boys are finally up. They come into the kitchen and make themselves some food, Jughead kisses my cheek and sits next to me. We eat breakfast in a peaceful silence until it's time to go. We grab our bags and walk to school together hand in hand.

We arrive at school and walk to the student lounge. I'm instantly attacked by Kevin, Fangs and Toni hugging me, Jughead let's go of my hand and watch's in amusement.

Betty: what's going on with you guys? I say with a slight chuckle.
Toni: we heard about what Malachi did. She says hugging me tighter.
Betty: T keep it down, we don't need other people knowing. She nods her head.
Betty: I'm fine you guys. You don't need to worry.
Kevin: B! You had a gun to your head. Of course we need to be worried.
Fangs: Betts, his right. We're worried about you. He says worriedly.
Betty: I promise you all I am safe. I say and place a reassuring smile on my face.

The bells goes and I have Sport. I walk to my locker and see Sweet Pea. We walk to class together and meet Jughead there. We are starting off the lesson with running like usual. Me, Sweet Pea and Jughead all run together until we are far ahead of the class and stop so we can talk.

Betty: how did Toni and Fangs find out about what happened with Malachi? I ask Sweet Pea.
Sweet Pea: I have no idea. I know Fp kept it under wraps. I nod my head.
Betty: the last thing we need is for anyone else to know. And hopefully Malachi doesn't tell the others what we did.
Jughead: what would happen if he did? He asked us.
Sweet Pea: The Ghoulies and Serpents would go to war. There main goal would be to target Betty, putting her in more danger then she already is in. He says.

We noticed the teacher glare at us so we decided to run again. The lesson soon ended and Jughead accompanied me and Sweet Pea to our lockers. Unfortunately we ran into Malachi.

Malachi: Cooper. Looking hot as always.
Betty: Malachi, looking particularly horrible this morning. I say with a smirk. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Jughead getting madder by the second and ball his fist up in rage.

By now everyone was crowded around me and Malachi. All the Serpents and North Siders were behind me and behind Malachi were the Ghoulies. I had Sweet Pea on my left and Jughead on my right. Sweet Pea knew that it's against the rules to hurt another leader if your not one, so he knew he had to stay quiet. If he did go against this rule I would be suspended from Serpent leader for two weeks.

Malachi: I feel so honoured that someone as sexy as yourself noticed. He smirks.

Jughead POV:

Everything was going well until Malachi showed up and began hitting on my girlfriend. The more he spoke the more I wanted to punch him. I ball my fists up and Betty must have noticed because she spoke up.

Betty: Jug don't do this. She says in a stern voice.
Malachi: you should listen to your girlfriend Jug. He emphasised on the word Jug.
Sweet Pea: Jughead stand down. He growls at me. This was the final straw. I wasn't going to let Sweet Pea continue to act like he was Betty's boyfriend.