Kiss me then

Chapter 30
Please vote 💕
Fp POV:

We had been in the uncomfortable waiting room for about 12 hours until one of the nurses finally approached me.

Nurse: Betty will be ok. Everyone breathes out a breathe we didn't know we were holding.
Nurse: she isn't awake yet but should be in the next couple hours, or even minutes. Hearing familiar voices could speed up the process though. She says and walks away.

Me and Jughead are the first two people to see her. We walked up to her room and opened the door. The sight of her brought me to tears. She doesn't deserve this.

Jughead walks up to her and holds her hand. She's a daughter to me, she has always been able to protect me. I should have done more to help her. It's funny, if Betty heard what I was thinking she would instantly tell me how wrong I am. She reminds me so much of Jughead, that's one of the other reasons I took her in.

I couldn't take this anymore so I said Jughead could stay with her. I hope he isn't as much of a mess as I am. Who am I kidding, this is his girlfriend. I would be a complete mess too.

Jughead POV:

We walked into Betty's room and I had tears in my eyes, the love of my life was hurt.

Her body layed lifelessly on the bed and she was attached to monitors and ivs. I hated every moment of seeing her like this. My dad had tears in his eyes and he excused himself so now that only me and Betty were in the room. I wanted her to wake up. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to apologize. I wanted her.

Whilst I was in the waiting room I overheard a conversation between Fangs, Toni and Veronica. It was about Sweet Pea and Betty. Toni was explaining to Veronica about how close they are, and how they need each other to cope. There was one thing I didn't understand though, she mentioned some guy called Caleb, Betty had never told me about him.

I needed to tell Betty how sorry I was, I needed to do it now, even if she couldn't hear me.

Jughead: Betty... I'm so, so sorry for the way I've acted the past couple days. Someone as perfect as yourself doesn't deserve that. I grabbed her hand and held it in mind.
Jughead: I'm so sorry I didn't believe you. I now know you and Sweet Pea are friends, Betty I trust you. I was so mad when I broke up with you. I was oblivious to the truth. I'm so sorry for making you feel as if your the problem, because I am. Betty I need you, please wake up. I miss us. I miss holding your hand. I miss making you laugh. I miss when you play with my hair. I miss kissing you. I had tears streaming down my face.

Betty: kiss me then. I was in shock. When did she wake? How much did she hear?
Jughead: what? I asked her confused. Why after everything would she still let me kiss her.
Betty: kiss me. She says as if nothing has happened between us.

I stand up and hover over her body that looked so much better then before. I leaned down, my lips were now hovering over her pale ones. I filled the gap between our lips. Our lips moved in sync with each other. It was magical. Like we had never kissed before. I pull away and sat down on the chair next to her bed so I could make sure i wasn't hurting her. Her eyes were filled with love.

Betty: I love you. She says. How can she still be so happy after being shot. She grabs my hand in hers. While she uses her other hand to wipe away my tears. I smile at her.
Jughead: how much did you here? I asked shyly.
Betty: all of it. I smile at her.
Jughead: I'm really sorry Betty, I'm sorry I mess everything up for you. I say looking down.
Betty: I know your sorry. I look up to her.
Betty: and you make my life so much better Jughead, I love you. Being without you tears me apart. She says letting a tear slide down her cheek. I use my free hand to wipe it away. I hate that a bullet didn't make her cry but I could.