Are you ready?

Chapter 5
Betty POV:

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping. I look to my left and see Sweet Pea is still asleep, me and Sweet Pea sleep in the same bed because we trust each other and know we will always only be friends. I look at the clock in his room and see it reads 6:30 am, I needed to get ready. I first decided to wake Sweet Pea up so he wouldn't be late for the first day. I get on my knees and then push him off the bed, I begin to laugh my head off while he screams at me. "What the actual fuck Betty" he screams at me, i still continue to laugh while I say "I didn't want you to be late". He just glared at me.

I had some of my clothes already at his house so I got changed into those and made me and Sweet Pea some breakfast since I know he is incapable of using a toaster, or anything really.

We had soon enough finished breakfast and we were on our way to Riverdale High. We shortly arrived at school were I was greeted by Toni, Fangs and the rest of the Serpents going to Riverdale High. I walk in first and they all walk in behind me. I walk down the hall until we are greeted by all the scared and mad North Siders. We were greeted by Veronica and some of my other close friends, they didn't realize it was me at first.

Veronica: Good morning everyone. We're all so sorry about your school being closed down and we will except you into Riverdale High with open arms. She says untill someone screams my name.
Kevin: Betty?! He yells from across the hall as he walks towards me.
Cheryl, Veronica and Reggie: Betty?!  They all say and run up to be embracing me with a hug. All the Serpents just look at us confused.
Cheryl: Everyone hands off my cousin, I get to speak to her first. I just laugh at her.
Cheryl: Cousin Betty, is it really you?
Betty: It is Cheryl. I say with a smile
Cheryl: we were so worried about you Betty and when you never come back I was so lost with out you. She says pulling me into another hug.
Betty: I'm sorry Cheryl.
Cheryl: Your a Serpent now? She says looking at my jacket. I never leave the house with out it.
Betty: Yeah I say with a smile. I'm proud of being a Serpent.
Veronica: ok that's enough right now. We are going to get the South Side settled in then we're all going to catch up.

They show us all our classrooms and lockers and we head to our first class here. I have the class with Sweet Pea. We walk into class and sit next to each other.

Sweet Pea: didn't know you were so popular. He says sarcastically with a grin.
Betty: I am full of surprises Sweet Pea. We both laugh.
Sweet Pea: you excited for tonight? It's the last step of the process to being the leader.
Betty: of course I'm excited to get the shit beaten out of me. I say sarcastically making us both laugh.
Betty: But really, I am ready for this. I want to make Fp proud.
Sweet Pea: you will and you have already made him so proud. He says with a smile.

We get half way through our lesson when the door fly's open.

Archie: Sorry I'm late Sir. He says and takes a seat next to me.
Betty: after all these years and  your still not on time I say making us both laugh.
Betty: Me and everyone else are meeting in the student lounge at lunch. You going to be there?
Archie: of course. I wouldn't miss it.

I go through the rest of the day catching up with some of my old friends until it's finally lunch. I head towards the student lounge were I see Veronica sitting there.

Veronica: B! She yells and gives me a hug. Soon everyone else arrives including Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea.

I introduce everyone to each other and we all talk and catch up.

Veronica: so B, how did you become a Serpent and why? I tell them everything that happened and how I'm going to be doing my initiation tonight.
Reggie: So your going to become a leader tonight. Wow. Who would of thought out of everyone you would become the leader. We all laugh. Oh yeah, did I mention Malachi moved here as well. Luckily I haven't had any run ins with him yet.

I managed to catch up with everyone and then the bell went. I head to my last two classes and watch the clock the whole time. I couldn't wait for the bell to go, it meant it was closer until I completed my initiation. I know I'm going to have the shit beaten out of me but it doesn't really hurt anymore, I'm use to the pain.

The bells ring and I rush to my locker and get my bag, I then walk outside and wait for Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea. The Gang finally makes it out and we walk to the bar. Along the way there we all talk about home excited we are about me becoming the new Serpent leader. We arrive and we begin my initiation. Fp is there and announces what will be happening. Beside him I see that guy he was with last night.

Fp: listen up everyone he yells out making everyone stop there conversations and look up at him.
Fp: As you all know I will be retiring as Serpent leader. So I chose the person who I think, well I know will give me a run for my money. Betty. Betty will be undergoing the initiation in the next couple minutes and will be given her new jacket. Everyone cheers and my friends share my enjoyment with me, I'm so happy that there here with me.

We go to the back of the bar and everyone gets ready to beat the shit out of me. Did I mention that Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea will be apart of the initiation, yeah they have to give me all they got to make it fair. Fp asks if I'm ready and I nod my head, here is the moment I've been waiting for.

Sweet Pea: are you sure your ok with us doing it?
Toni: yeah, Sweets is right. Are you sure?
Fangs: Betts, are you 100% sure.
Betty: Guys I'll be fine. I'm 100% sure, now stop being wimps and punch me.

They nod there heads and they began to punch, kick, hit and anything else they could do to cause me more pain. The pain wasn't that bad, I was surprised. Sweet Pea puts on a knuckle buster and punches me in the face. I just stand there. He punches me again and again. Finally it was done and I ended up with a busted lip, split eyebrow, loads of scratches on my face and a couple bruises on my legs and arms.

Fp: The new Serpent Leader, Betty. He yells and everyone cheers as Toni hands me my new Serpents jacket, this is one of the proudest moments of my life. Fp heads home and I tell him I will meet him there shortly, I decided to quickly catch up with the gang.

Toni: Damn Betts! Your so freaking strong.
Sweet Pea: you barely moved a muscle.
Fangs: even with the knuckle buster, how do you do it? We all laugh.
Betty: I'm just that amazing. I'm so happy that I'm the Serpents leader now.
Sweet Pea: Betts, we're so proud of you. You out of everyone here deserves it the most. He says with a smile and everyone nods there head. We all go into a group hug and I then make my way back to Fp's trailer. I'm about ten minutes away when I hear someone behind me. Malachi.

Malachi: I guess it's true, you really are the Serpents new leader. You can always join the Ghoulies we wouldn't mind. We would love someone as sexy and beautiful as yourself he says with a wink.
Betty: keep dreaming.
Malachi: You look so fucking hot and all those bruises just make you look more stunning. How about me and you right now. He says with a wink. I know he doesn't expect me to agree to what he says so when I pretend to agree he will take off.
Betty: Sure, me and you right now. I say with a smirk while taking of my jacket. I walk closer to him and take of his jacket.
Betty: I'm waiting. I say with a smirk to him and he just runs away. This has become a bit of a routine with him.

I continue to walk back to Fp's trailer, this time I have no interruptions. I arrive at my house and walk in, I see Fp and that dark haired man sitting at the table.

Fp: Betty, please come sit with us. I do as he says and sit opposite the mysterious man.
Fp: Betty this is my son Jughead. Jughead this is Betty, she lives with me and is now the new Serpent leader.
Betty: nice to meet you Jughead. I say with a smile.
Jughead: likewise he says.
Fp: how do you feel after the initiation?
Betty: pretty good surprisingly, I'm just tired.
Fp: why don't you head to bed and we can all talk tomorrow. I nod and say good night to Jughead and Fp.

Jughead seems to be nice but really shy, I hope we becomes friends.

A/N
Betty is the new Serpent leader now. And will Betty and Jughead become close?