I don't blame you

Chapter 8
Betty POV:

I had terrible sleep that night. I still couldn't help but feel guilty about what happened to Jughead. It was 3am and I decided I needed to run, it always helped clear my mind. I changed into my running gear and quietly snuck out of the house. I put my earphones in and began to run. I ran until I couldn't breathe. I had run about 16km when I decided to slowly walk back home. I looked at my phone and it was 5:45am. I soon arrive home and it reaches six. I quietly walk back inside trying not to wake anyone up, when I see Fp in the corner of my eyes. Shit!

Fp: good morning. Where were you? He knows when ever I'm stressed I go for a run.
Betty: I went on a run. I couldn't sleep.
Fp: Betty. I have told you. None of this is your fault. He says. I sit opposite him.
Betty: I know, but I still can't help but feel guilty.
Fp: I know the feeling he chuckles and I smile.
Fp: go take a shower and I will make you some breakfast then we need to head to the Wyrm.

I nod my head and walk towards my room. I hop in the shower and let the water wash away all my worries.
I finish my shower and head out to the kitchen and see a plate of food Fp had made for me, opposite me was Jughead. I sat down and he gives me a smile and connects our hands. How can he still be so kind to me after everything that happened.

Betty: how are you feeling? I ask him
Jughead: just a little sore he chuckles and I give a light smile back.
Betty: me and Fp are going to be at the bar for most of the day. Are you going to be fine here? I asked him worriedly. He chuckles at me.
Jughead: Betts I'll be fine. He says so calmly. I kiss his lips and go to my room and get my bag.

Me and Fp are nearly ready when I say one last goodbye to him.

Betty: are you sure you'll be fine?
Jughead: Yes, now go. He laughs

We kiss for a couple seconds and then I'm walking to my bike.

Fp: Softy he yells at me.
Betty: Hey! Ever since he came you have been acting way softer then I have ever seen you before. We both laugh knowing each other was right.

We get on our bikes and head to the bar. We both walk inside to see a lot of yelling is going on, I decided to speak. I needed to know what was going on
Betty: What's going on I yell. Everyone quiets down and I see a smirk appear on Fp's face. Then Tall Boy speaks up.
Tall Boy: we found a Ghoulie hanging around the bar. He says with annoyance in his voice.
Betty: lock him in the jail. He might share value information. They immediately do as I say and take him to the jail.
Fp: nicely done. He smiles
Betty: I learn from the best. I say causing him to grin. The day goes on by quick. I mainly just listened to other Serpents ideas and dealt with other things. I was nearly ready to go home when I got a call from Sweet Pea.

( Betty and Sweet Pea on the phone )
Betty: Hey Sweets, what's up?
Sweet Pea: Hey Betts. I know I'm going to regret asking this but do you want to do some self defense training with me.
Betty: if you're ready to lose, sure. I laugh.
Sweet Pea: Your probably right, Anyway... do you want to do it now?
Betty: sure I'm already at the bar, I'll meet you here. Bye.
Sweet Pea: bye betts.
( end of call )

Fp sees me sitting at the bar and approaches me.

Fp: you ready to go? he asks.
Betty: I'm actually going to do some training with Sweet Pea.
Fp: ok, don't push yourself to hard. He says.
Betty: don't worry, this is Sweet Pea. He's weaker then me when I first started. We both burst out laughing.

Then Sweet Pea walks in.

Sweet Pea: what's so funny? he says looking at both me and Fp. We just burst out laughing.
Betty: ummm. Nothing, let's get to training. I just need to text Jug. I get out my phone and write a quick message.

To Jughead From Betty
Hey Jug. I'm staying at the bar to do some training with Sweet Pea. I will be home in about two and a half hours. If you need anything call me ❤️

I send the message and walk into the back room. We start of by doing some drills and then we get into the ring. We start circling the mat until one of us makes a move. He often makes the first move while I duck, trip him over, grab onto his arms and pin him to the ground using all my body weight, although he is three times heavier then me.

Sweet Pea: fuck Betty. He says
Betty: you wanted to do this I say chuckling.
Sweet Pea: how come I can never win, can you please teach me. He begs
Betty: Fine. You always make the first move, which isn't always a bad thing but the way you do it, you give the person enough time to grab your leg or arm and that immediately stops you. So try not to give them any opportunity's to touch you, because they will end up with a major advantage. We continue for another hour until we both needed to go home.

Betty: your still terrible but your improved a bit. Even got a punch in. I giggle.
Sweet Pea: thanks for being an amazing teacher and don't think I didn't notice that you let me punch you. We both laugh and say our goodbyes. I shortly arrive home to Jughead and Fp sitting on the couch watching Tv.

Jughead: hey Betts... what happened to your face he asked worriedly.
Betty: it happened during training don't worry I chuckle.
Fp: You let him punch you didn't you. He says with a slight grin.
Betty: Well he kept losing so I let him have a punch. Me and Fp laugh while Jughead just sits there shocked.
Betty: I'm gonna have a shower then make dinner. They all nod and I walk to my bathroom.

I quickly have a shower and then make some burgers for dinner. I plate up the food and feel someone wrap there arms around my waist. Jughead.

Betty: Hey Juggie. I say with a smile.
Jughead: Betts what's up? You seem distant since yesterday. He asked
Betty: I feel guilty for what happened to you- I was cut off by Jughead.
Jughead: Betty he says grabbing my hands.
Jughead: I don't blame you for any of this. There was no way you could've known. So please don't blame yourself... for me?
Betty: for you I say, pulling him in for a long and passionate kiss. He pulls away and speaks again.
Jughead: I'm hungry. I giggle.
Betty: of course you are, dinner is ready anyway I say laughing. He pulls me in for another kiss. He means the world to me.

We all eat dinner together, like a family. I wouldn't want anything else.

A/N there relationship is strong, but for how long? And are Sweet Pea and Betty really only friends?