16

Aza felt the wind rip through her black hair, a tree branch quickly scratched the skin on her cheek as she pushed past the bushes and trees, her chest felt like it was on fire, her legs were so tired, she felt like lying down and sleeping, but she knew she couldn't.

She pushed forward, sprinting past the trees and leaves, trying to navigate her way in the dark, her eyes strained as she attempted to see in front of herself, but she hardly could. She knew she had to get away.

"Keep going," she murmured, trying to keep her breath. "Think about Rosé," she told herself, an easy thing to focus on to motivate her. Her beautiful silky orange hair and peach lips, her long curling eyelashes, how amazing it felt kissing her.

When she came back to earth she found that she had ran onto a road, she was surprised to find a road this close, but relieved when she seen a sign. A town was only two miles from here, she sighed, hoping that the other two girls would think to go there.

She retrieved back into the safety of the trees, but continued to sprint at the side of the road, and slowly but surely made her way to the town.

The girl was extremely dehydrated. The forest floor looked like a nice place to nap. But not in the middle of this damned war. The only way to fight fire was with fire. The only way to win was to be witty.

The female couldn't stop, she continued to run and secretly wished that she had ran with Katie and Astatine because then they'd form a plan. She knew Clary would've gotten out, she had no doubt about that. The female groaned. She changed into a light jog to get her breath back. Why did they all have to run out of different exits? She was breathing heavily.

She stumbled onto one of the streets, the muscles in her legs burning with pain and exhaustion, she felt like she was ready to collapse.

"Are you alright?" She heard a soft voice, her eyes went wide as she turned, noticing a girl that looked the same age as herself, she was wearing a black hoodie, and jeans, standing on her phone.

"Y-Yeah, I just..." Aza wasn't sure how to come up with an excuse for the leaves that were through her black hair and the sweat that was dripping down her forehead.

"Were you getting chased by someone?" The girl asked, her voice was soft and sweet, and somehow comforting. Aza nodded and the girl's eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Are you going to go to the police?" She asked, Aza was ready to nod before realising, unless she wanted the whole police department in this town to die, then that was not a good idea.

"No, I don't think I can," Aza said, the girl seemed to nod understandingly.

"Well uh, I'm Momo, you can crash at my place until tomorrow morning if you need help," the girl said, giving her a soft smile. Aza didn't normally accept offers like this from strangers, but she trusted her, nodding. Where else would she have seemed refuge at almost three in the morning. This Momo girl was a blessing from God.

"Thank you so much!" she said, bowing twice with gratitude. Momo smiled sweetly.

***

Katie felt the shooting pain up her leg get worse, the throwing knife Hoseok had thrown at her had wedged itself in her leg, and removing it was extremely painful. She could feel the blood that was continuing to rush down her leg as she ran.

Blonde strands were beginning to fall loose of her ponytail, curls framing her face and blocking her vision resulting in her pushing them away. Her eyes strained in the starlight as she continued to push forward, trying to stabilise her breathing. She had done cross country, but with a sore leg it was hard to keep going.