Chapter 35

Madison POV

Since summer has started, I always help my grandparent's cafe called Sweet Treats, it s were everyone hang outs over the summer. The inside of the bakery was watermelon pink with black dots scattered around, it had a checkered tile floor and a boom box in the corner. I threw my hair in a ponytail and begin placing the goodies out, grandma begin making coffee. Soon the familiar smell of coffee lingers around the shop, I go over to the boom box and put the hits of wizard music. Grandma and I sing as we ice cupcakes, grandpa puts a tray of almond macaroons out. The door bell rings and in comes the customers, grandma was the cashier while I give out the goodies.

"I'll have a chocolate muffin and a medium coffee," says a familiar voice.

"$7.25," my grandma replies. I go to muffin section and grab a muffin, I place a cup under the coffee machine. I turn around to be face to face with Sirius Black.

"Sirius,"I say.

"Madison,"he replies as he grabs his stuff. He grabs a bunch of sugar packets and a small container of milk.

"Sirius!" Sammy says. I roll my eyes as she comes and plants him a kiss. She turns around to see me,

"Maddie! I didn't know you work here?" Sammy says,

"Just helping out my grandparents," I say back.

"Maddie!! Get back to work!" my grandmother yells.

"Well, when duty calls I better go," I say and grab whatever the person ordered. Noon time more people come over, James, Remus and Peter order.

"Maddie Maddie, where is your beautiful friend lily." James says.

"Snogging a boy," I reply as I hand them their drinks.

"WHAT!" yelped James as he knocks his drink over himself. I cover my laugh as I hand him some napkins.

"Guess I shouldn't have said that," I say.

"You think!" He says as he wipes his shirt. I gave him a free refill and muffin, since we made too much muffin.

I go over and grab a smoothie and hand it to the customer.

"Hey beautiful," Kyle says. I smile as I lean over the counter and kiss him.

"Think I can steal you?" He says.

"Um," I say looking at my grandparents. Today seemed busier than usual,

"How about at 4?" I say.

"Sure," as he kissed one last time and leaves with his smoothie. I smile and I notice James and his gang having sour looks.

"Who's that?" Grandma says.

"A friend," I say putting whip cream on a frap.

"Pfft a friend." Grandma says shaking her head. I pour hot water into the coffee machine and her the familiar buzz of the coffee machine. I finally leave the cafe and wait for Kyle to appear,

"Miss me," Kyle says as he wraps his arms around my waist. I laugh as we walk around the park, we threw bread crumbs at the birds.

"I had a fun night," I say as he dropped me home.

"Same," he says. He leans over and kissed my cheek and left.

"Maddie,good your home." My mother was bustling around the kitchen. Knives cutting food and a spoon stirring in a pot by itself.

"Go clean yourself up. Tonite the Potters are coming."mother says.

"Great." I say as I run up to my room and took a shower. I put a summer dress and I curled my hair,