A Shocking Discovery

*Hanji's POV*

I was lying in bed, thinking back of my conversation with Levi and his squad. Once I told them that Annie Leonhardt is my niece, all of them reacted negatively; especially Levi and Eren. The only one that didn't react negatively was, Armin. He only had the look of pity on his face. It really was stressful that very night.

*Flashback*

"Annie Leonhardt."

All of them didn't move a muscle, they had the look of shock and confusion etched on their faces. They were like this for a while, the silence between us quite awkward to be exact. They only stood there, mouth agape, all of them are looking at me as if I've grown another head or two. I was about to break the silence but Armin beat me to it.

"So technically you are Annie's aunt then?" He said.

"Yeah, that pretty much sums it up." I replied. Armin put a finger to his chin; a gesture that he's thinking about something, wonder what he's thinking about?

"If your Annie's aunt and that woman that appeared to you awhile ago is your sister; then that must be Annie's mother right?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"Then why is she dead? Did she get eaten by titans or something else?"

"She died after giving birth to Annie, and to tell you the truth, I'm the one who named her 'Annie' because she exactly like Anna." I explained, hopefully this will help them understand.

Armin was about to ask another question, but he was cut off by Levi.