Mysterious Soldier: Friend or Foe?

*Hanji's POV,*

"A per~fect  hap~py en~ding!
That's ho~w i~t should be ~!"

Eren, Levi and I held the note a little longer and stopped at the same time with the music. Applause rang throughout the ballroom by the time we were finished.

"That was amazing! This is only the second day of rehearsals and already you're nailing it!" Annie exclaimed, jumping off of her chair and running towards us.

Yesterday, when I woke up, it was already an hour past sunset. Annie and Levi were already awake. I asked her if she was feeling all better and she answered with a smile and a nod. Things were back to normal that day but I have a feeling that this day would be as eventful as yesterday.

Annie clapped her hands to get everyone's attention.

"Alright! That's a wrap! You guys did amazing on just the second day! I have a feeling we'll be great at the ball next week!" She said as the others piled out of the ballroom.

"Great working with you!"

"See ya tomorrow, guys!"

"Bye!"

They said on their way out. The only occupants of the ballroom now were me, Annie and Levi. We were cleaning up and putting things away when Moblit came in.

"Squad Leader, Commander Erwin wants you to interrogate the injured soldier from yesterday." He said.

"Right now?" I asked.

He nodded his blonde head.

I ran my hands through my hair. How could I have forgotten!? Erwin told me to interrogate the soldier himself. Maybe, the pressure of rehearsals and the ring incident yesterday got to me.

"Alright, I'll be on my way to the infirmary. I just need to stop by the research lab and get my notebook." I said.

Moblit nodded and saluted before leaving the room. I sighed and turned to Levi.

"Hey, could you watch over Annie for a while? I need to get some work done." I asked him.

He nodded.

"Sure, go ahead and do your business. We'll be in Erwin's office when you need us. But don't take too long though." He said.

I chuckled lightly at his 'safe' attempt of making a poop joke. I leaned down and pecked on his lips before going to where Annie is. She was still putting away her music sheets and placing them in her 'special' satchel, as she liked to say, that I bought for her a week ago. I came up behind her and placed my hands on her sides and started tickling her. Immediately, she became a squealing, laughing, blonde mess, dropping some of the music sheets in the process. I stopped my fingers from tickling her turned her around, she was still catching her breath while letting out a giggle here and there. I pocked up the music sheets that lay askew at her feet and placed them in her satchel.

"Hey, Annie." I said after I put the sheets away.

She turned her full attention to me, still lightly giggling.

"Yeah?"

I kneel down to her size and hug her tightly against me. I don't even know what came over me, I just had an urge to hug her out of the blue. After holding her against me for a few moments, I let her go.

"I'm going to do some work that your uncle Erwin assigned to me and I have a feeling that it's going to take much longer than it should be, so that means that our mother - daughter bonding time will have to wait for tomorrow. Is that alright with you?" I said to her.