A Day Filled with Contentment

*Annie's POV,*

I woke up and saw mama sleeping right in front of me, I sat up and yawned. I turned to the other side and there was daddy, who is also sleeping, a moment ago, I just had the weirdest dream of me being a princess with a curse, daddy being an ogre and mama being a talking donkey. It was really weird. I felt mama stir in her sleep, I looked over to her and she slowly woke up. Mama stretch her arms and pulled me closer to her, my hip bumping on her nose.

"How long have you been awake baby girl?" Mama asked.

I yawned again and rubbed my eyes with my hands.

"I just woke up a second before you did, mama." I muttered.

Mama didn't answer me, she was probably asleep again. My tummy suddenly rumbled, saying that it needs to be fed now. I heard mama chuckled and pulled me closer against her.

"You hungry, sweetie?" She asked.

I nodded my head, "Uh huh."

Mama sat up and stretched her arms, legs and back. She grabbed her glasses from the table beside the bed and put them on.

"Well, we can't keep that tummy of yours waiting. Go and wake up daddy while I put my boots on." She said.

I nodded and turned to daddy, who's still sleeping. I shook him by his shoulder gently.

"Daddy, wake up, I'm hungry." I said.

Daddy groaned and pulled me down, hugging me tightly.

"Daddy! Come on! I'm hungry!" I grumbled, still sleepy to even escape his grip. Daddy sighed and sat up, taking me with him. He kissed the back of my head before he let go of me and started putting his boots on, while mama  brushed my hair before tying it up. I felt something in my pocket, it was daddy's hankie thingy that he ties around his neck. I crawled over to daddy and sat on his lap.

"Here's your hankie daddy, it kept me safe when I was in that scary room." I said, handing it back to him.

Daddy smiled at me kissed my head.

"Glad to hear that Annie, why don't you tie it on me please?" He said.

I nodded my head and tied it around the neck of his shirt.

"Is it tight?" I asked.

"Nope. It's just right, thanks baby girl." He said.

"Annie, come and wear your shoes now." Mama called.

I scrambled off of daddy's lap and went over to mama, who helped me put my shoes on. Mama carried me outside, with daddy beside us. She closed the door and we went to the mess hall. Everyone was already there, mama put me back onto the ground and told me to go to our table where Armin and the others are while they fetch our food. As I made my way to our table, somebody would stop me and ask me if I was okay and I would answer them that I was. I reached the table and quickly hopped on my chair that was in the middle of mama and daddy's chairs.

"Hey Annie, how are you feeling?" Christa asked.

"A little sleepy but, fine." I said.

"That's good to hear." Connie said.

Mika leaned over and ruffled my hair.

"Don't give us another scare like that again. Okay?" She said sternly.

I smiled and nodded my head, "I'll try."

While we were talking, mama and daddy showed up with their trays along with mine. We ate while talking about our day, I even told them about my dream. Sasha challenged me to another eating contest but, Mika stopped us again by taking both our trays, mama and I just laughed at her struggling as she desperately tries to get her food back from Mika, while daddy and the others just shook their heads. When we were all done with our food and just talking, uncle Erwin showed up.