Unexpected Turn of Events

*Levi's POV,*

By the time we arrived back at the HQ, the sun was already setting. Hanji came down from her horse with the brat sleeping in her arms. She immediately went inside of the building, probably going to her living quarters. I turned to my squad, they were all giving their horses to the stables' caretaker.

"Alright, all of you rest up for a while but I want you all in the mess hall by dinnertime. Am I clear?" I ordered.

"Yes sir!" They all answered with a salute.

"Good, if you need me I'll be at Erwin's office." With that, I turned and went my way to Erwin's office.

When I got there, I knocked three times and went inside. Erwin was signing some paperwork, he only acknowledged my presence when I cleared my throat.

"Ah, Levi welcome back. So how did the trip go." He said, not even stopping in signing paperwork.

"It was... Eventful." I said.

"What do you mean eventful?" He asked. I went over to the couch and sat down, I put my left leg over the other.

"Annie Leonhardt came out of the crystal just this afternoon." I answered bluntly.

"What!?" Erwin, now abandoned his paperwork, had his full attention on me.

"Where is she now Levi!?" He asked urgently.

"Before I answer, there's something you need to know." I said. He looked at me expectantly.

"Go on."

I told him the whole story and not even leaving out the minor details. Erwin just sat there, completely dumbfounded. He sighed and ran his hands over his face.

"So let me get this straight. You, Hanji and the others arrive at the dungeon and then while all of you were eating in the mess hall, her sister, whose been dead for sixteen years, shows up and remind Hanji of the promise she made to her." He said. I nodded my head.

"And then she promises that she will take care of her daughter, which happens to be Annie Leonhardt. And then three days later, the crystal shatters and Annie Leonhardt comes out as a toddler."

"Yep."

Erwin sighs again. "And then you overheard their conversation and heard that Hanji has officially adopted Annie Leonhardt as a daughter, am I correct?"

"A hundred percent correct."

"I can't believed this. Hanji is putting everyone's lives at stake here if she keeps the Female Titan with no restraint whatsoever."

I nodded in agreement. Just then, there was a knock at the door. It was Hanji, Erwin and I looked at each other and nodded.

"Enter." He said.

Hanji opened the door and went in. She was still carrying the brat with her. I scowled at her and she scowled back.

"Hanji, take a seat will you." Erwin said, breaking the silence.

She went over to the chair in front of the desk and sat down. She adjusted the brat's position and turned to Erwin. He looked at her in disappointment.

"Hanji, I heard that you adopted Annie Leonhardt as your own daughter." He started.

Hanji looked surprised after he said that, she's probably thinking who told Erwin the information. Suddenly realization dawned on her, she looked at me and I smirked in satisfaction. I could clearly see the fury in her eyes. Sorry Shitty Glasses, but I won this round.