Revenge and Regrets

*Hanji's POV,*

Annie was, again, asleep from exhaustion. Erwin played with her until both of them were tired out. I still can't get off my mind of what he said to me.

*Flashback*

Erwin was sitting on the couch, while Annie dozed on his lap. I was finishing the last of the paperwork that he left behind when he and Annie bonded.

"Hanji." He called.

I raised my head and look at him, he had a thoughtful look on his face; that wasn't a good sign.

"Yes?" I asked.

He looked at Annie and gently touched her face with his finger. He looked back at me and said, "I'm worried about Annie's well being."

"What do you mean? She's perfectly fine right now." I said. What does he mean to say?

"No, I meant about the others finding out about this. She'll be in great danger ounce the other military branches find out about this, especially the Military Police. They'll surely take advantage of her state and get rid of her once and for all." He explained.

"I won't let that happen! If they want Annie then they'll have to  get through me first!" I said in a not so quiet voice.

Thankfully, Annie didn't wake up after my outburst. Erwin sighed and looked at me again, this time with a worried expression on his face.