The Founding Ball of the Scouting Legion

*Hanji's POV,*

"Annie!" I yelled while I walk around the living room looking through every nook and cranny.

"Yeah!?" Annie yelled back from her room where she was getting dressed.

I crouched down and looked under the couch. Nothing.

"Have you seen where my earrings are!? I can't seem to find them!" I said; looking under my study desk for the two pieces of jewelry. It was the night of the Scouting Legion's Founding Ball and my earrings decided to disappear. It's three weeks ever since Erwin announced the event and a total number of nine days ever since I interrogated Zack Heinrich. I'm still searching for his name in the Records Office but I have to put it on hold for awhile because of the rehearsals and ball. Up to now he is still bedridden but the Med Team allowed him to remove some of the bandages to help him be more comfortable.

"Ask dad! I saw him carrying it awhile ago!" She said.

I stood up, straightened my purple evening gown, and walked towards the bedroom where Levi and I sleep in. His dress jacket and bow tie was still laid out on the bed, so that means that he's still in the bathroom styling his hair. I went to our adjoined bathroom and knocked on the door.

"What?" An, obviously, grumpy voice called from the other side.

I sighed, he's probably having trouble styling his hair. Again.

"Levi, have you seen my earrings?" I asked through the door, leaning on it while waiting for my answer.

Silence.

"Levi?" I called out once again.

"Their in here." He said.

I didn't even wait for his permission and opened the door to let myself in. Sure enough, he was inside, having trouble with his hair. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my earrings on the sink and grabbed them so I could put them on. Levi was looking at me expectantly; his eyes searched mine as he gave out a silent 'help me.' I sighed and grabbed the hair gel from his hand, scooped up a small amount and applied it on his hair and started styling it back. After I was done, I put the lid back on the hair gel and washed my hands while Levi made his way back to the bedroom to put on his dress jacket and bow tie. I went back to our bedroom and grabbed my gloves. Once, I was done putting them on, I went over to Levi and helped him adjust his bow tie.

"Ma! Dad! Come on! We don't want to be late!" Annie exclaimed, entering our bedroom.

She was wearing the frilly pink dress with a bow tie on the back that we bought two days ago, her hair was done in her usual bun but with a flower to add up the image.

I laughed at her eagerness and went to the bedside table to fetch my purse.

"Alright already! Shall we go then?" I said.

"Yes please!" She said.

I smiled at her and grabbed ahold of her hand. Levi went over to my side and offered his elbow; which I gladly took. We, then, made our way outside our living quarters and head straight for the ballroom.

*In The Ballroom, *

Once we got there, I was entirely surprised at how many people were there. I thought that the members of the Scouting Legion would be the only ones here but it looks like Erwin invited some important people too. Speaking of Erwin, Annie was already running off to his direction. Probably, to discuss the matter of our performance.

"Hanji, look over there." Levi said while pointing at one of the guests.

My bespectacled eyes follow the direction where his finger was pointing at. There, standing beside on the buffet table while holding a glass of wine in his hand was, Commander Nile Dok.