protective! Orange x reader.

Something my bro can't hurt.

Warning- feels. You have been warned.. you all know about swapfell.. and how blackberry is.

You sighed, not being able to sleep.

You've lived with the skeleton brothers for quite some time now, four years in fact.

Every morning, you woke up to the same thing, Blackberry constantly yelling at Orange, no matter how stupid the task was..

Orange got yelled at and even hit.

You've even been hit once with a magazine, it was only a tap on the wrist.. but it still stung.

Orange saw the whole thing and stood up for you, even though he was the oldest.. blackberry still acted as if he was more superior.

You quietly walked down the stairs, it was four in the morning, so you had to be quiet.. or blackberry would wake up then throw a hissy fit.

You saw that the kitchen light was on, you went into the living room, slowly tiptoeing..

Orange looks over at you, his tired eyelights scanning you.

He leans against one of the walls, a non lit cigarette in his teeth.

"How's it going y/n.. why are you up?"

You shrug. "I could ask you the same thing."

He shrugs also looking to his feet.
"I don't know really.. Its hard to sleep knowing that your brother is gonna come in and kick you on the floor."

You nod in agreement then walk over to him, you had to look up to meet his eyes, he was a good few heads taller than you.

And you were taller than blackberry.

Orange looks at you, eyeing you from the side of his sockets.

"Listen kid.. I'm sorry you have to deal with us every morning.. and I'm sorry it took two years for blackberry to let you in the house."

His hand rests on your shoulder, bringing you closer to him.

You let out a sigh you didn't know you were holding in.

"I know how he is.. orange.. it was rough for us both.. I didn't mind.. as long as I could see you everyday.."

He blushes and hugs you.

"Do you really mean that?"

"Yes.. orange I.. I've had a massive crush on you for a long time now.. and.. you always made my day, even when blackberry was throwing one of his fits, you and your dorky puns always put a smile on my face."

You hug him back waiting for rejection..

But..

He leans down and kisses your forehead.

"I love you too baby-doll, your my only ray of sunshine in this hell hole."

You smile and blush.

He was your calming moonlit night.

He suddenly picks you up bridal style and carries you upstairs.

You blush and keep your arms around his shoulders so he doesn't drop you.

.......

He sets you on his bed and lays next to you, both of his arms wrapped around your waist, his head on top of yours.

You lean into his embrace and close your eyes falling asleep.

----end? Nope there's a bonus!---

You jolt awake, Oranges door get kicked in again.

You groan and cover your face with the blanket.

Blackberry's yelling filled the room.

"ITS ABOUT TIME YOU TWO ARE TOGETHER! UGH.. ITS DISGUSTINGLY CUTE."

"My Lord, we're trying to sleep.."

"SHUT UP! AND DO CUTE COUPLE THINGS!" And with that he slams the basically broken door behind him.

"Was he trying to set us up?" You ask.

Orange shrugs and makes the I don't know noise.

End.:3