Aftermath

(Y/N)- Your Name

(Y/N)'s POV

After lunch was theatre, how fun! Jeffory and I walked to class together, a silence was over the both of us. We were getting close to the class when he stopped walking.

"We're just friends right." I turned around and looked at him. "Yeah??" "No romantic feelings for me right?" "Um. I don't know, I don't think so..?" "Oh thank god. I need your help."

"With?" "With Katelynn, look I kinda started having feelings towards her but she's just a little hard to read." "Oh, I don't think she's that hard to read." "Has she said anything about me?!" I shook my head. "No, maybe you should ask." "I can't I get nervous around her." "Really? You play it off pretty well." "Can you just slyly ask her for me, please? If you do I'll treat you to ice cream." I smiled. "Sure."

We went to class and took our seats.

"Today we'll be watching a play turned movie, I'm sure most of you have heard of your play and though I don't love the playwright, it is a good example to use in this class. We'll be watching 'Much Ado About Nothing'."

I smiled unconsciously. I enjoy works by William, my favorite would have to be Hamlet. My favorite movie adaptation would have to be the one with Kenneth Branagh as Hamlet! The rawness he put into the character was amazing. Much Ado about nothing was an awesome play, I wonder which movie adaptation we'll see.

"You will be required to take notes as we will have a review lesson on this movie. There is a worksheet on everyone's row leader, they will be passing those back. Do take one and pass the rest back. Any extras bring them to the front of the class. Now. Let the movie begin."

The teacher turned the lights off and pressed play on the laptop. The projector was pretty big, it took up both of the boards. Luckily we had a big enough screen so everything looked good and nothing clipped off on the sides, hate it when that happens.

We didn't get through the whole movie today, I mean yes it's only an hour and fifty-three minutes, but we only have so much time in a class period. Turns out it's the film adaptation with Kenneth Branagh too! He's playing Benedick, I love his work.

Jeffory had fallen asleep at least two times, which I don't blame him the beginning is a little slow. I had to wake him up both times before the teacher would notice.

"You didn't fall asleep during the movie? Seriously? It was so boring!" I shrugged. "I actually like it, besides it features one of my favorite actors." "Maybe you really are a theatre nerd.." "What's that supposed to mean? Mr. I know most Hamilton songs!"

"Shh! Don't say it so loud! I don't want to be known as a theatre nerd." He chuckled and I joined him. "Well, I'll see you later Jeffory!" "Alright, please don't forget what we talked about earlier? I'm trusting you." I nodded. "I know, I didn't forget. I'll help you out, lover boy." I gave him a smile before walking towards my English class.

Coincidentally, we were also talking about playwrights. Of course, William was mentioned, but before we got to him we focused on an amazing book, it's called Beowulf, we also watched the movie adaptation for that one, but I prefer the book. Now we're talking about Edward Thomas, Siegfried Sassoon, Ivor Gurney, and others! Thanks to this teacher we also learned runes, how cool is that?

Turns out in this class we had to write a seven-page research paper with an original argument concerning William's work to those before or after him.

"No way I can write that." Laurence groaned. "It's not that hard Laurence." "Yeah, quit your whining." Katelynn and I ganged up on him. Dante was sitting away from us, away from me. He seemed to be talking with a group so he's doing great without his 'best friend'. I went back to talking to my friends.

"Miss (Y/N), what argument will you make? I'm looking forward to looking at your paper." He turned to Laurence. "Mister Laurence if you need any help editing help do turn to Miss (Y/N), she is an amazing editor."

I smiled at our teacher. "Thanks, Mrs.Nichols! I'll do my best so I don't disappoint you." She turned and walked to another group of students, Dante's group. "Ah, Mister Dante! Getting help from my A student, are you? Wise choice, you're grade did decline quite a bit." "Yeah, I decided my old group just didn't help me out as much as they could've. I'm sure I'm better off here."

I was looking over to him, he glanced at me. "He sure has some nerve." "What's the problem between you two anyway?" "Problem? I don't have a problem!" Laurence and Katelynn looked at each other then back at me.

"You broke your pencil just now." "It was an accident." "Sweetie that's a mechanical pencil." I looked down and lo and behold my pencil was broken. "Alright I might have a problem with him but it's fine! Two can play at that game."

I stood up and walked past his group on purpose. "Oh hey (Y/N)! Do you think you can edit my paper again? You're really helping me out here." I looked at Michel and smiled, she's one of the teachers A student. "Of course, I don't mind. Just share it with me." "Thank you so much, you're really the reason why I'm able to get good grades on my papers now, I used to only get Cs.."

I glanced at Dante and smirked. "Oh come on I don't edit that well." "You do! I'm going to get started now so you'll be able to look at mine soon. I know how many papers you get." "Alright, I'll be waiting." I smiled and walked back to my seat.

"Did you pay her to say that?" I looked at both of them. "No, she really does send her papers to me so I can edit them. She pays me." "Oh wow.." "Must be nice being smart." "This class is really the only class I'm good at, well besides art." "Yeah, you suck at history."

I threw a part of my broken pencil at Laurence. "Shut up and start writing your paper." The rest of the class period we were all typing up our papers.

In my next class I had a love-hate relationship with, Spanish class. My counselor said I needed another art credit this year so I could have two free periods during my next two years.

Don't get me wrong I love learning languages and cultures but I have a horrible memory! I can say hello how are you my name is (Y/N) and that's it! If I ever need my Spanish for something I'm screwed.

I sat down at my desk and took out my notebook and pen, I just want this day to be over with already.

______________
Thanks for reading, commenting and voting. It means a lot!

Have a Good Morning/ Evening/ Night!