Chapter 2- Angel of music

It was mere minutes till Y/n’s performance on the grand stage of the opera populaire. She stood on the center, waiting for the velvet curtain to raise and expose her to the generous audience.

The music started softly and the curtain rose.

She took in the marvel of being the main attraction of the stage, took a breath and began to sing. “Think of me. Think of me fondly, when we've said goodbye. Remember me once in a while, Please promise me you'll try.”

Her honey smooth voice entranced the audience. They were hypnotized by the beautiful voice and her goddess like beauty. Her S/c skin shone by the lights of the stage, she wore a white ball gown like dress with flowers and beadings decorating all over it. Her hair was in soft curls which bounced ever so slightly. She looked like a musical Angel.

Her song came to an end and the audience rose and applauded loudly, whistling and throwing roses to the stage, which y/n has ever so graciously bent down to pick up as many as she could.

The opera performance was a grand success, Much more than when carlotta is performing, That it was found appropriate for the entire cast to party and drink the night away.

Y/n was in a room, in the opera house that served as a small chapel. There she had a picture of her late father and two candles that she was lighting.

Brava

Brava

Bravissima.

She smiled at the voice that was pleased by her performance earlier that night.This is the vojce she's been hearing for little over a year. This voice belonged to her mentor, who shaped her voice into an instrument, and kept her company within those lonely opera house walls. Made her laugh, told her stories, kept her company.

“Y/n?” Meg walked into the chapel and saw her friend, still in her dress and sitting on the floor in front of her father.” You were amazing today!” She complimented her. “ I have no idea how you do it. Who is your tutor?”

Y/n  smiled softly and leaned towards meg “ When your mom brought me here to live, I would always come here and light a candle for my father.” She looked at her father’s picture then back to her friend.” and though it might sounds weird, but I would always hear a voice talking to me when I did. Tutoring me and helping me.”

“A voice?”Meg asked in confusion “ who does it belong to?”

Y/n shrugged and stood up from the ground “ when my father laid on his bed dying, he would tell me of an angel. An angel of music, that would protect me.”

“Do you believe it?” Meg asked walking towards Y/n yo catch up with her.

“ I have no reason to not believe it “ She replied.

She rubbed her arms together.“ every time I sing I feel like he’s there. Here in this room hiding and watching over me.”
“Y/n there's no way that could happen “ meg grabbed ahold of Y/n’s arm and guided her out the chapel. “ you must have been dreaming.”

Y/n sighed and nodded “ perhaps “ she mumbled “ but I still sense him. As if someone is just watching me at all times.” She said looking at her blonde friend.