Chapter 35- In his eyes

There's a discomfort in her chest.  A feeling in her brain like excess caffeine....then it set in deeper as she finally processes the words that left giry's lips. ¨ I beg your pardon?¨y/n quavered.
Miss giry adjusted her dress along her knees and repeated her question. ¨ Is taehyung the father of your daughter?¨

Y/n broke into a nervous sweat, practically feeling it slither down her back like a snake. Her mouth was open from shock and as much as she commanded her mind to say anything to deny it, nothing came out her lips.

"I'm assuming my hunch was right since you're silent. Giry said as she picked up her tea and placed it to her lips "I must admit, I'm not all that surprised."

"Really?" Y/n questioned, finally able to speak. She rubbed her clammy hands against her dress skirt " wait a minute, how'd you find out.?"

"Well" miss Giry cleared her throat and placed we cup down with a soft 'chink'. She adjusted herself on her chair as she spoke " when I was going over the masquerade plans with Taehyung, he kept on insisting on having you sing."

Y/n nodded softly as she listened to Giry.

"That's when he confessed that you two were once lovers, way before the incident." Giry crossed her arms and placed a hand in her cheek as she looked accusingly at y/n. " of course, he forgot to mention the little detail that he has a daughter. Once I saw Taeyeon and Taehyung together I put two and two together. She has a mighty resemblance to him."

"He just found out " Y/n said as she punched at her thumb, looking down at the carpeted floor in shame

"He did?" Giry asked surprised " so you didn't have an affair whilst with jungkook?"

"No no no!" Y/n bolted her head up, shaking it furiously along with her hands " this was before me and jungkook got together."

"I'm afraid I don't understand." Miss Giry pursed her lips in thought .

"I'll explain" Y/n said with a heavy sigh." As you know, Taehyung was my tutor..."

Y/n began her saddening love story. She told her about how she almost removed his mask when she first met him, the day at the cemetery, the rooftop, everything ( holding a few minor details about their session together ). She told Giry about after the performance, when he was proclaimed dead, and how she found out she was pregnant and had no choice to accept jungkook's offer before her belly started growing." And even now Taehyung is trying to win me back."

"And how do you feel about that?" Miss Giry asked.

"I'm happy about it." Y/n buried her face in her hands. " I'm an engaged woman but I'm cheering for another man. I feel awful."

"You shouldn't be " Miss Giry leaned over and removed her hands from her face and smiled that motherly warm smile of hers. " tell yourself who you love and why you love."

"Why I love?..." Y/n repeated in a ghostly voice.

"My dear I must go, I still have preparations for the masquerade." Miss Giry stood up and guided Y/n to the door " I hope you'll listen to your heart and do what you think is best"

"Thank you Madame Giry"Y/n said giving a tight hug to her motherly figure before taking her leave down the hallways, all the same time, the question on why she loves Taehyung pops into her mind.

Back in California, when she was home alone she would think of Taehyung. She thought of his face with and without the mask. How his eyes glimmered against the white porcelain. His eyes were just giant oceans of Browns and blacks, swirling into a beautiful orb.

She would sit and watch the rain, and see her tears run down the window pane. She would sit and watch the sky and she could hear it breathe a sign.she would think of him, how they were and when she thought of him she would remember.

She remembers why she loves him. As plain as she did then.

In his eyes she could see, where her heart longs to be. In his eyes she saw a gentle glow and that's where she'll be safe. She knows. Safe in his arms, close to his hear, but she doesn't know where to start. The situation at hand is difficult.
But by looking in his eyes will she see beyond tomorrow? By looking in his eyes will she see beyond the sorrow that she feels? Will his eyes reveal to her promises or lies? But he can't conceal from her, the love in his eyes.

She knew their every look, they're like an open book, but most of all it was the look that hypnotized her.

If she's wise, she would walk away, and gladly, but sadly she's not wise and it's hard to tuck away the memories that she prizes.

Love is worth forgiving for. Now she realizes.
Everything worth living for, is there in his eyes.

Though the situation is at large, her heart tells her one thing but her mind tells her another. Conflicted doesn't even fathom what she is currently feeling. If she goes with Taehyung, she'll feel like she was taking advantage of jungkook's hospitality and wasting his time with the fake love but at the same time, she isn't happy with her life with jungkook.

He is a great friend. Wonderful at that. He was always there for her as a child and he had helped her mourn the death of her father. But that's all it is. That's all he is. A friend. Perhaps when she was younger and unsure of the ideas of love, she imagined a life with jungkook,  but now that's she's grown and experienced it first hand, she knows what love is and knows it's not with jungkook.

"Taehyung you really make my life wonderfully miserable."