Chapter 28-The same old argument

In no way shape or form do I think Jungkook is a complete asshole, but I had to make him like this for the sake of the story, please dont attack me.

She trotted along the deserted hallways of the opera house. Anybody smart enough was asleep at this time, letting their blankets engulf them and protect them from the cold of the winter, and the dreamworld swallowing them whole. The only sound being made was the tapping of Y/n's boots and the soft humming she made as she headed over to the hall where she shared a room with Jungkook and Taeyeon's own room.

She stopped at her daughters room and opened the door as soft as a mouse. She peered inside and saw her daughter sleeping soundly. A stuffed animal lazily under her arm, her h/c locks flying all over her pillow, and a hanging leg from the side of her bed, being victim to the nonexistent monsters under our beds.

What a fright she received from taehyung. Seeing his face. Though she believed it to be a simple joke, a fool's prank. How awful she felt when she was told that it was Taehyung's real face and that she perhaps had hurt the feelings of the man who showed her his musical world.

A motherly smile rose on Y/n's face, entering her room and tucking taeyeon's leg under the blanket, saving it from the fatal attack of the monster.she softly moved her hair from her tiny sleeping face, admiring her daughter with great love. The talk with taehyung reminded her how much she loved it when she was a mere infant. So cute and So defenseless. So filled with light and energy. It almost made her hope for another one.

"Sleep tight, my love." Y/n said sweetly, kissing the top of taeyeon's head.

She exited her daughters room and headed to her own. Light can be shown from under the door and she immediately knew Jungkook was awake. She mentally groaned, knowing the argument that was about to explode the moment she opened the door.

She took a deep breath and opened the door. Sure enough, there he was, in all his might and glory, sitting arm crossed on the bed, not even dressed to sleep; wearing the same suit he wore earlier. " where were you?" were the first words to come out of his mouth.

"Out" she responded bravely, and closing the door behind her.

"I don't have time for games." He sneered at her." Who were you with?"

" a friend." She replied. A little white lie didn't hurt anybody. "Can I go out with the people I know?"

" Not with you telling me first" he commanded, standing from the bed.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise being engaged to you meant I have to tell you my whereabouts at all times." She said sarcastically, his anger increasing by her every remark " you aren't my father Jungkook. I am capable enough to go out to places. You do all the time."

"Thats different." He chided.

"It is no different!" She shot back. " Eight years jungkook! Eight years of this! I'm tired of it all!" She gestured around hopelessly.

"Tired of what?" He scoffed " me trying to do the best for our family."

"Oh of course." She scoffed in return, her hands on her hips. " you gambling the money away, preventing your daughter to do things she loves, stopping me from singing in public again, keeping me under your watch at all times is totally the best thing for our family." She said sarcastically.

Anger boiled deep in his system, as hot as lava. It churned within, hungry for destruction, and he knows it's too much for him to handle. "Listen here-" he began to say but was interrupted by Y/n.

"I'm listening!" She screamed " always listening to you complain about you having no money to pay off your debts and yet going to bars almost every night. " her fists balled up, and tears threatened to fall from her eyes but her strong pride kept them from doing so. There are bad things she can do, but crying in front if him was the worst she can. "Why Jungkook? Why do you do this to me? To Taeyeon? Why?" Her voice shook. He merely stood there, taking in the onslaught he knew he deserved but denied himself to believe." Why do you stop us from being happy with ourselves. Does it make you happy? Having me just in the house with nothing to do? You know I could have helped you if you let me sing! People would have paid me and I would've given every cent to you to help you, but you denied me that." Her whole body shook in fury. " you were even furious when I told you I accepted Mister T's offer to sing here. I knew Jungkook- I knew that if I asked you to come sing here, you would have said no."

" I do it because I love you Y/n!" He finally said, his face as red as could be, his blood boiling. " I'm afraid people will take you from me, that I will have to share you with the world. People love you Y/n, they love your voice! I can't risk losing you to them. I love you too much!" He cried out.

She sniffled back a cry and shook her said slowly. " That's not what it is." She wiped her eyes before tears came out " that's not what love is Jungkook. That is prison." She accused.

" What do you know about love Y/n?" He argued with a scoff. " you know nothing of love."

" well I sure as hell know that this isn't it!" She cursed at him. When she turned at last to face Jungkook there was no trace of tears, not in her eyes or in track marks on her reddening face. Her eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard.

"It seems you regret being engaged to me." Jungkook snarled, taking his coat from off the coat rack " since this isn't love, I have no reason to be here." He opened the door and bowed mockingly " I bid you adieu Madame!" He said angrily slamming the door and leaving into the halls.

She stayed glaring at the door, her eyes possibly having the power to burn holes into the wood. She finally managed to relax and take a deep breath. She knew he wasn't going anywhere, it was always like this with them for the last eight years.

It was the same old argument.