Chapter 45-love never dies

Hi! Issa me MMC. So this chapter is shorter than the rest but I purposely did that because I wanted the last chapter to be a little longer. So yeah. This book will very soon come to an end :,)) this is the second to last chapter ooooof. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it so far ♥️♥️♥️😊

In moments, mere moments, Drums will roll. There she'll stand, Just like before.
The crowd will hush and then in one sweet rush,he will hear her sing once more.
And music, their music
Will swell and then unwind, Like two strands of melody At last entwined, that is if she decides to sing after all. Nobody but herself knew her final decision.

Both taehyung and jungkook were a shivering, nervous mess. Taehyung just stared at the top of the staircase as if there was a ghost gleaming down at him from afar, and jungkook, that poor man, he tapped his foot repeatedly on the floor, nibbling on the inside of his cheek and patting his crossed arms. Seems like the few ladies around him were getting annoyed with his rhythmic beating.

Those mere moments passed and taehyung could no longer keep the crowd waiting. He took a deep breath and made his way to the top of the staircase. He cleared his throat and adjusted his suit before speaking " ladies and gentleman." He began, not fully paying attention to the large crowd, for he was searching for y/n amongst the wings" it is my honor to present to you all, miss Y/n l/n."
There was a round of scattered unsure clapping from the audience.

Then, unexpectedly a masked woman appeared, and the orchestra took that as the cue to begin the aria.

Taehyung stood on the sides of the stairs, his chest heaving heavily. He looked at this woman standing nervously at the top as all the attention was on her. The lights gleamed against her skin and reflected on the floor. Her cheeks, though mostly covered by the mask, were a slightly visible red.

Then she sang. It was hesitant and unsure. Almost as if she has forgotten the lyrics or as if she didn't want to be up there at all, but none the less, she sang, and beautifully at that.

"Who knows when love begins, who knows what makes it start
One day it's simply there, a life inside your heart
It slips into your thoughts, it infiltrates your soul
It takes you by surprise, then seizes full control
Try to deny it and try to protest
But love won't let you go, once you've been possessed" her eyes land along the crowd, following each face until it lands on his. Taehyung. He who looks relieved. Then him. Jungkook. Who looks shattered and in pain.

"Love never dies, love never falters
Once it has spoken, love is yours
Love never fails, love never alters
Hearts may get broken, love endures
" she is watching them but appearing not to be. Her heart keeps hammering against her chest but he attempts to keep her faint and casual self as she continued singing.

"And soon as you submit, surrender flesh and bone
That love takes on a life much bigger than your own
It uses you at whim, and drives you to despair
And forces you to feel more joy than you can bear
Love gives you pleasure and love brings you pain
And yet, when both are gone, love will still remain"

Her eyes land once again on the pained man. Except this time he smiles. There he stood smiling at her. Her bestfriend. It was a smile even she was able to see through. He caught her looking at him and mouthed the words ' I'll be fine.'
His action surprised her so. It surprised her so much she even missed the next lines from her song.

"Once it has spoken, love is yours." She regained herself and continued singing "Love never dies, love never alters
Hearts may get broken, love endures
"

She turned to taehyung and gave a soft nod. That was the extra confirmation that was needed from her. The fact that she chose him.

The music began to get louder. In a second it went from a soft melody to a hard and voluminous and glorious sound."Love never dies, love will continue
Love keeps on beating, when you're gone
Love never dies, once it is in you
Life may be fleeting, love lives on
Love lives on"

Cheers and applause came from the audience as the song finished. They applauded the magnificent performance and the beautiful written song by no other than taehyung.Y/n looked ahead with a smile, as the praises came falling down like an avalanche. She took a great bow and waved softly.

Slowly she backed away, almost dreading the next part. At least the hard part was finally over. She had finally  made her choice.