chapter 4- Stranger than you dreamt it

Once learning his name, Y/n was put to work. He told her to excersise her throat and to start singing scales and such. He would correct her on her mistakes and tell her exactly how to do it. It was very tiring in y/n's mind , but thanks to his teachings, she is now able to sing more confidently with the new techniques he taught her.
After what seemed a whole eternity, The phantom, taehyung, was satisfied with her progress and decided to give her a break. He seemed awkward within her presence. Most likely because he never had much human interaction , especially one he knew for so long but they didn't know nothing about him.
Y/n noticed him shuffling his arms uncomfortably.
In order to break the silence and the awkward atmosphere she tapped him gently on the shoulder. " Would you play for me?" She asked, gesturing to the organ

Taehyung complied happily to the request, being able to indulge in something he loved.right away he started playing some random little melodies until he finally decided on a song. He played with more passion and talent than she had ever heard in her life. His music was able to sooth the soul of anyone who heard it. Y/n closed her eyes and let his song take her away.

After a while, her mind started to wander off. She stared at this masked man and questioned who he really was. Rumors of the dreaded phantom of the opera were heard from many of the performers. Anthony, one of the stage hands , claimed he's seen him before. He said his skin was yellow as parchment. His eyes similar to Satan's own eyes. A hole replaced his nose. His face was burned and deformed. He also said that the phantom was a cold murderer, that would smile as he killed, but now that she has seen him and met him, it was difficult to believe those rumors. This man, who took care of her when she fainted and cared for her well-being, apologized for frightening her, Taught her , and was overall kind, was nothing like Anthony described.

He was indeed mysterious like people say, hiding beneath that mask. What was he trying to hide?

Y/n crept over to Taehyung's side, who didnt notice her because he was completely engrossed in his music. She lifted her arm and reached over to his mask, hesitating for only a split second before placing her fingers against the cool of the mask.

He tore away from the keys and spun around before she could remove it "No!" He screamed out.

She jerked back, knocking over a small desk. He moved away from her, holding on to his mask for dear life. "Dont touch me!" He hissed.

She could feel the sweat drench her skin, the throbbing of her own eyes, the ringing screams vibrating in her ears, and the thumping of her heart against her chest. Her fingers are curled into a fist, nails digging into her palm. She couldnt hear her rapid breathing, but she could feel the oxygen flooding in and out of her lungs.

What will he do now that I have angered him?

He turned around again and stared at her trembling body. He reached his hand out for her to take " I apologize for frightening you again. I'm just not ready to show you who I am yet." He nodded his head in apology. She was beyond shock at what just occurred and remained silent. " come " he took her hand and raised her to her feet " those two idiots running my theatre will be wondering where you are."

He took her back to the labyrinth of tunnels under the opera house and back to the two way mirror she first came through.

"Do me a favor, and give this to Madame giry" Taehyung dug through his coat and pulled out an envelope, with a red skull seal.

" I will" Y/n said quietly as she took the envelope in her hand.

Taehyung merely nodded and turned around to walk back to his lair when y/n spoke again " will you tutor me again? "

" You still want me to?" He asked baffled. He was certain she wouldnt want to be near him for a while after lashing out at her.

" yes" she paused " not through the walls of the chapel though. Face to face."

He was silent for a second before replying " very well. Ill see you later tonight." And with that he left.

Y/n pushed her mirror and walked through.

She closed it and leaned her forehead on the glass with a heavy sigh.

Right then and there, Madame giry came in the room with a panicked expression."Y/n!" She exclaimed and rushed towards the young girl "where have you been?!"

Y/n stammered, lost at words. Should she tell that she was with the phantom or make up something?

"I um was -"

"Where did you get that?" Giry asked quietly, looking at the envelope in Y/n's hand " you were with him."

Y/n nodded slowly " hes been tutoring me "

Y/n looked at the middle aged woman " do you know him Madame?" She asked. Madame giry hesiatated before answering " no...no I don't." Her voice said otherwise.

" Madame giry please tell me." Y/n got closer to the woman.

" Y/n I only know what everyone else does."

"That's not true."

Y/n practically begged with her eyes. Madame giry sighed loudly. She couldnt help but give in. Y/n was like a daughter to her.

"Very well."