Chapter 34-Secret revealed

Taeyeon was gleeful to the max upon hearing taehyung would go to the circus with her. Y/n, on the other hand, was not. One word to describe what she felt was pure worry.

She got closer to taehyung and whispered softly, her eyebrows were turned upward and eyes were practically speaking to him " are you sure?" she asked him. She tried to read his expression but it was as blank as his eyes. " you don't have to force yourself to go"

Taehyung flicked his eyes at y/n and stared at her for a split second before responding to her. " I'll be fine," he assured her. His eyes soften and a smile bloomed against his face. He gave her a slight nod and picked up little Taeyeon from the ground, her laughter filling their ears. " I said I would take her anywhere she wanted, so if she said circus, then we will go to the circus."

y/n hugged her arms close to her and sighed " if she had said moon, would you take her?" she said rhetorically. Taehyung grinned and nodded " of course! We'll be the first people on the moon!" he proclaimed happily.

(A/n: I probably should have stated this earlier but this is kinda based around the 18 century so yeah )

y/n said nothing but watch her daughter act so carefree and happy with a man she didn't know was her father. She looked at taehyung, how he practically beamed in the presence of taehyung. She knew he's trying to be a father to her, to make up for the lost time. She knows Taeyeon is his new happiness. Happiness is in everything; ones dares you to invite it in. it is in the rain, cool and fresh, just as deep as the sunshine, for they bring forth different emotions. Happiness is enjoying the moment, just being present for the gift that is living and becoming more intense with every passing second. She was that to him. Y/n was pretty sure that he would never let a single awful thing happen to Taeyeon. If one single hair was yanked off the top of her head then he would probably grow crazy. It made her smile knowing taehyung loved Taeyeon as much as he loved her; that he is willing to do anything for her, even visit one of the places he curses the most, just to keep a smile on her face. Oh Taeyeon, you lucky clueless girl.

"Very well." Y/n said with a soft smile " you two have fun. I'll be with Giry and practicing my aria "

"Won't you come with us?" Taeyeon asked her mother. Y/n shook her head and caressed Taeyeon's cheek." Sorry my angel, but I have to stay here. Have double the fun for me, ok?"

"Ok!"

"Take Care of her please." Y/n said softly to Taehyung.

"Wouldn't dream of not doing so," Taehyung replied.

And so both Taehyung and Taeyeon made their way to the nightly circus. Y/n watched them walk away from the opera house, from the stairs. It amused her how Taehyung was being pulled by the excited eight-year-old girl, and almost being brought down a couple times, while he tried to say his farewell and such to Y/n.

y/n wasn't so worried about leaving Taeyeon with him. She knew she could trust Taehyung with her very soul if needed. All she had to do now is do a little bit of practice on her aria for the masquerade coming up and she should have her meeting with Giry soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n made her way down the hallways of the opera populaire. As she walked she saw the decorations for the new year masquerade. All the ribbons, all the candles, all the champagne. All is almost ready, all one had to do was wait for two more days to go by and the masquerade will go underway.

Y/n found herself at the foot of madame giry's room. With a gentle knock and a soft 'Come in' she turned the knob and entered the room. She smiled at the older woman, sitting at her desk and reading off a letter. Once giry met y/n's gaze she smiled softly and folded the letter back up as she stood up to greet her. " ah y/n." she said as she walked over to her. " I was beginning to believe you forgot, please take a seat."

"Sorry." y/n apologize " i got caught up with the aria and lost track of time, " she said as she sat down. The chair was mahogany with cherubs chiseled into the sides. On top was a violet cushion which was worn and tatty, but comfortable no less.

"You were never the type of woman who was on time" jested madame giry as she grabbed an already prepared teapot and placed it on the table. "I imagine that was something that didn't change over the course of eight years."

"I'm afraid not " y/n sighed and straightened her back " a lot has changed but not that."

"Why of course." madame giry poured y/n her cup of warm herbal tea. " you have a child, and are now engaged."

"Yes..." y/n drifted off as she picked up her cup of tea, watching as the swirls of brown circle on the surface " engagement." one would think that engagement would be a word of happiness and joy, but in y/n's case, it had her second-guessing and in a state of confusion.

"Are you not happy?" Giry questioned, " id always imagined that you would be happily married with jungkook."

"Well." y/n rubbed her finger against the cup, " i thought I would be but he's changed. Even Taeyeon doesn't seem happy with him."

"Ah right." Madame Giry murmured " Y/n I must ask you something."

"What is it?" y/n questioned, putting the cup to her lips and sipping the warm liquid.

" Is Taeyeon taehyung's daughter?"