chapter 3- Music of the night

Y/n was completely mesmerized by the cloaked man, who dragged her through the underground tunnels of the Opera House.  He held her hand as he led  through his Sanctuary, glancing back at her occasionally. The passageway led to an underground misty Black Lake, running through, with a little boat with enough room to fit about four people, waving on the surface. Gently, he let her inside the boat and he too entered, grabbing ahold of a pole and navigated it to a gateway which opened. Once they safely passed the gate, it closed behind them and he stopped at a docked area.
When the two reached the shore, he gracefully disembarked the boat and tied it down. Y/n was able to take a good look at this mysterious man, that manage to hypnotize her into following him. He was tall, towering over her menacingly. He had black hair as dark as the night parted over to one side of his head. He wore a white mask that covered only half of his face. The part of his face that was exposed was cut sharply. He was dressed in formally black clothes and a thick dark cape, which he removed and cast it aside on an empty chair.

He looked down at her with those mesmerizing brown eyes of his and, parted his lips to speak. "I have brought you, to the seat of sweet music's throne." He spread out his arm to show his working chamber, filled with the light of dozens of candles, music sheets filling every corner, bookshelves galore, an organ sitting beautifully on the edge and drawings of all sorts hung on the walls.

He reached his hand out for Y/n to take. His hand enclosed hers firmly, and introduced her to his world of music and night. The way he spoke normally was silvery and deep. It itself sounded like a song. " I have spent a year, shaping your voice to the splendor it is. Now my work has payed off."

She was silent and let him entrance her with his voice. He went back to her side, gripping her shoulders and turning her away from him so her back was to his chest. " This is my kingdom where everyone must pay homage to music."  He practically sang in her ear. "Softly, deftly, music shall surround you. Feel it, hear it, closing in around you." His gloved hand wandered to her side. She lifted her head and closed her eyes, letting him sing seductively in her ear .

" floating, falling sweet intoxication!Touch me, trust me , savour each sensation. Let your darker side give in to the power of the music that I write-"
He came around from behind her. Still, he kept a possesive hand on the small of her back and led her farther into the antechamber.

Y/n felt like she was dreaming. This man. Her angel of music , was the phantom of the opera.

There was a burgundy curtain before them.His hand reached out and pulled it aside. A lifesized  mannequin  was shown wearing a white wedding dress of the most  simplesist and beautiful design.

Y/n was overwhelemd from event after event. First off, she  was the lead singer of an opera, the phantom of the opera , if her senses could believe , was now singing sweetly to her, deftly caressing her, and her headache and chills were pulsing. Once laying eyes on the mannequin , her mind tricked her in seeing herself standing still and beautiful like a doll and wearing the wedding dress.

Her senses burst and it caused her to faint.
He caught her easily when she fell, and lifted her into his arms. She was light and fit flawlessly against his chest. It took several strides across the floor and into a room where he placed her gently on the bed he had prepared for her.

There she lay. His angel. His world. His musical muse, unconscious amongst the silk of the sheets. He took this moment to drink in the image of her resting face that he had already memorized a year ago.

Had it been minutes, and hour or two, she was woken up by the soft playing of an organ. She slowly sat up from the comfort of the bed and looked around at her surroundings. Where was she? In the phantoms lair. Drapings hung on most of the walls, in the room she was in. She escaped the comfort of the mattress and walked out the room and into a short hall in the parlor or music room of some sort, which y/n has recognized as the room she saw when she disembarked the boat with the phantom.

Candles dripping with wax lit the room bright enough to see clearly. Scattered items laid on almost every inch of space. There was a model set of the opera stage, with a miniature figurines of her , wearing the costume she wore earlier that night.

She followed the path and saw a man at the organ, scribbling at a paper and replaying notes.

He seemed to have heard her steps echoing off the walls and turned around to face her. " oh you're awake " he said as he stood up from his bench and towards her " sorry if I frightened you " he apologized, thinking he was the fault in her fainting.

She waved her hand " No No, I was feeling ill. It wasn't you "

" let me get you some tea to calm your nerves " he said , but before y/n could kindly deny his offer, he rushed off to another part of the room in search for some tea.

Meanwhile she looked at the scattered papers. She picked up a small pile and looked through the drawings on them.

They were so beautifully drawn, it looked like they can come to life. She saw some of some nature scenery, the stage and to her surprise, they were mostly of her. When she danced , sang, or was  kneeling in the chapel.

He materialized next to her , holding two cups of tea. " do you like them?" He asked.
"They're beautiful !" She said with a smile, placing the small bunch back where she got them from.

" Not as beautiful as the real thing. "He complimented, handing her the teacup.

It amazed her how casually he could compliment her.

He sat once more at the organ , his long fingers gliding against the keys, but not playing anything.
She sat next to him, her hands warming up from the heat of the cup as it laid  on her lap. She stared at the swirling brown liquid and parted her lips.

" You are not my Angel of music" dissapointment was heard in her voice. The spirit she always thought her father told her about, turned out to be merely the one many feared.

" No." Slight guilt resonated in his words " I had to lie. You wouldnt have accepted me as your tutor if I were anything less of an angel." She nodded, understanding what he meant. " If it does not bother you. I would like to continue tutoring you.".

Y/n was silent for a period of time, that the phantom feared she were not to agree.

" very well." She agreed. It brought him great joy, but he chose not to show it."

Your name" she spoke again. " what is it?"
" Taehyung."