chapter 26-La Seine and I

Oh sweet baby Jesus

Oh sweet baby Jesus.

Dont mind me, carry on.😊😊😊

y/n and taehyung turned to the voice. It was merely a drunken man, staggering over to the booth in which they sat in.

¨Well i'll be darned!¨ the man stopped at their table, a floppy smile on his dirt and grime covered face. Most likely a factory worker. ¨ What is paris's soprano doing in this dingy bar?¨

y/n smiled politely.¨ Just as you are here.¨ she responded with a nod and lifted her cup of alcohol ¨ out to drink.¨

¨please miss y/n ¨ said another drunken man who came along with the other man. ¨ enlighten us with a song.¨

¨oh no i couldn't.¨ y/n rose her hands up and shook them softly, denying his request.

¨Why not?¨ asked the second man with a laugh ¨ come on miss y/n!¨

The two drunken man shared a devious look with a glint in their eyes. ¨Y/n. Y/n. y/n.¨ they chanted her name. At first slowly and softly, and as soon as more people join the choir, whether they knew what on earth was occuring or not.

There was no escaping the chants and very persuasive looks they gave her. With a smile she finally sighed and gave in to their request " very well, just one song." She said and every erupted into cheers, lifting their cups in the air.

Y/n looked at Taehyung and smiled softly " sing with me?" She asked, hoping to lift his spirits. He simply shook his head and gave a polite semi smile " I wouldn't want to steal the stage from you."

"Very funny phantom" she scoffed jokingly. "I'll get you up there somehow " she said with a wink before leaving the booth and standing on the platform which served as a stage. Conveniently, as if they were waiting for her, a small little arrangement of musicians and instruments were on the sidelines.

"Come on missy! Everybody knows this song!" The one with the guitar said with a smile before started to strum it rhythmically. Of course Y/n recognized this song. It was a favorite of hers.

"She's resplendent, so confident La Seine, La Seine, La Seine" she sang, moving her arms and swaying her head as she sang. She saw taehyung watch her with a curious gaze. "I realize, I'm hypnotized. La Seine, La Seine, La Seine" she waved her hands in front of her eyes, acting she was hypnotized." I hear the moon singing a tune. La Seine, La Seine, La Seine.Is she divine? Is it the wine? La Seine, La Seine, La Seine." The music advanced and she lifted her skirt of her dress and moved her feet along the stage, moving her hips to the beat. "I don't know, don't know, so don't ask me why
That's how we are, La Seine and I
I don't know, don't know, so don't ask me why"

She spun and signaled to a few onlookers towards Taehyung who was watching with full amazement. Once she managed to get their attention, she pointed to Taehyung and signed for them to bring him up. Taehyung took notice and was ready to spring up and out but he was unfortunately caught and pushed onto the platform. A few men cheered as they saw another singer. "That's how we are~ la seine and I." Y/n finished singing, looking at Taehyung with a playful and cocky smirk.

"I feel alive when I'm beside
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine" he sounded hesitant and reluctant at first, unsure what to do. Y/n was just prancing about him, dancing. She grabbed his hands and swayed with him, making him break into a smile and sing more confidently. "From this angle like an angel. La Seine, La Seine, La Seine"

"I don't know, don't know, so don't ask me why
That's how we are, La Seine and I
I don't know, don't know, so don't ask me why
That's how we are, La Seine and I" they sang harmoniously. The music spun around them lifting away gravity. He smiled brightly as their heels clicked over the platform floor. He watched as her hair spun out and bounced more with each move and beat. This was perfect. This was dancing and art coming to life, strong pointed moves didn't matter here. All that mattered was the person in front of him.

"Upon the bridge"

"My heart does bid"

"Between the waves"

"We will be saved."

"The air we breathe"

"Can you believe?"

"Learn to forgive upon the bridge!"

Taehyung harmonized as y/n continued singing, adding her unlady like dancing ( way different from ballet from when she was a chorus girl at the opera house.) The bar erupted with rhythmic clapping from the onlookers.

"That's how we are. La seine and I!" Both finished singing and ended up dancing into each other's arms. The adrenaline flowed through their veins and chest were heavily lifting and dropping. Neither smile fell from either face.

The cheers erupt like an auditory volcano. It is all quiet one second and then deafening the next, rising to a crescendo and then falling to a trickle.

The two looked at each other and then the crowd. Y/n turned and held taehyung's hand in hers and took a bow. He too did the same after a second, following her lead.

Once they stood up straight they looked deep into each others eyes and knew what pure happiness was like.

As Y/n bathed in the applause of the drunken men, taehyung looked at her with full admiration. She's resplendent, so confident. She Is divine, it was Not the wine. He realized he's hypnotized. The moon's tune was nothing in comparison to hers. Y/n....