chapter 5-Notes

Madame Giry sat down at the vanity bench, with a heavy heart.

Y/n sat at the floor, intently listening to what madame giry had to say. " He isnt like any man I've ever met " she began "he's a musical genius, an architect, a magician. Back when I was living in the ballet dorms, a couple of friends and I went to a circus. Gypies. We entered a tent with a title of the 'Devil's child'. Inside there was a large cage and inside there was a child, wearing a potato sack around his head with two circles cut out for him eyes."

"was it him? The Phantom?" Asked Y/n curiously.
Giry nodded. " he was all by himself, dirty, and in pain. The circus workers would get in the cage and beat him harshly in front of the crowd"

Y/n gasped softly. Who can do something so inhumane to an innocent child?

Giry continued "although they would whip him and beat him, he didn't cry what so ever. After they were done torturing him, they ripped off the sack and exposed his face. They would lift him up by the hair and show everyone. Each and every single person would laugh at him." Her voice showed pain.

"I couldn't leave him like this knowing I could help him, so after everyone left , I managed to pick the lock and I sent him to the only place I knew he could be safe."

"The opera house!" Y/n exclaimed.

" Exactly. Since then he hasnt shown himself to the world. The only place he knows besides the circus was this place."

Y/n stared at the ground. This poor man was shown nothing but pain and suffering, that he had to find the need to hide from everyone for fear he'd scare them away.

A knock at the door was heard. The door opened to reveal meg "Y/n!" She exclaimed upon seeing her
missing friend.

Madame Giry stood up from her seat and walked towards her daughter " let us go tell firmin and Andre we found y/n" she said.
Y/n mentally thanked her for taking meg away, since she didn't have an excuse to tell meg about her whereabouts.
" You had an eventful evening. Rest and I'll see you later."Giry said as she pushed meg out the door and closing it behind her, leaving Y/n alone with her thoughts.

Meanwhile~

Jungkook stormed into the gilded hall, oblivious to the chaos and splendor around him. "Where is she?" He sped up the stairs where Firmin and Andre were conversing about some issues.

"You mean Carlotta?" Replied Andre.

"Miss Y/n. Where is she?" Jungkook asked again.

" we have no idea." This time Firmin replied.

The new opera house managers were already discussing about  the opera ghost. They didn't even want to think about their missing soprano.

" Then why did you send me this note?" Jungkook showed an envelope to andre.

" Note? What note?" He asked, taking the envelope from his hands and reading it." The angel of music has taken miss Y/n under his wing. Make no attempt to see her." He then looked at the bottom of the letter which had the initials. "O.G"

" we can assure you, we didn't send this."firmin piped in. " we have letters coming from the same person. "

" who would have the gall to send this?" Andre crossed his arms.