Chapter 32-No one knows who I am

The young eight-year-old girl sat on her bed, with such a thoughtful look on her face, It was almost comedic. Her tiny brows were bent in deep thought, her lips formed a small pout.

She held her small teddy bear in her hand, and let it rest on her lap, staring at it as if it could magically come to life and give her advice about what she was thinking. What could a careless eight-year-old child be thinking of, you ask? Well, she feels extremely guilty. She felt awful after screaming in fear from Taehyung's deformed right side of his face. He wasn't a bad person in Taeyeon's mind. He was quite sweet and very kind to her. She knew taehyung was a kind man from the way he treated her and Y/n, yet she looked at him in fear and screamed in terror. Of course, it was nothing but a simple misunderstanding, but still, there was something eating at her tiny heart that she knew she had to fix somehow. And she had an idea as to how.

With full determination, she hopped off her bed and tiptoed to her door, as if she was on some secret mission. Oh, the imagination of young children. So cute and So pure.

She peeked her head out her door and checked if anyone saw her. Of course, the halls were filled with busy bee workers, but none who really cares to pay any attention to the sneaky eight-year-old.

Quickly she jogged to where taehyung took her before. The prima donna room. She turned on the knob and thankfully it wasn't locked so she was able to enter without any trouble. She entered and looked around. Not a soul in sight. Perfect! She walked over to the bookshelf where taehyung had pulled a book and a magical portal opened. Her mouth twisted in thought. From what she saw, it was on the third shelf above her. Way above her. Darn her 4 feet and 3 inches in height. That wasn't going to stop her from her mission!

She then walked over to the vanity and started to push the bench against the bookshelf and climbed on top of it successfully. She smiled triumphantly but continued her little adventure. She started pulling book by book, not really sure which book was the one he pulled. Dropping each one on the floor till she got to the middle, with a semi full intention to pick them up later, and pulling a book or more like a folder with the title ' Don Juan triumphant ' and the mirror opened with a rumble. "Yes!" Taeyeon celebrated and hopped off the bench and ventured into the single hallway tunnel. It was brightly lit by candelabras and kind of musky smelling, but what was pulling the young girl it was the soft playing of the piano. The melody was soft and sad as if it held all the pain in the world. A voice accompanied it, a voice so deep and lulling, it was pointless trying to not be entranced by such a voice.

"Look at me and tell me who I am,

Why I am, what I am.

Call me a fool and it's true I am,

I don't know who I am."

Quickly she followed the voice to Taehyung's magical world of music and slowed her steps, being as quiet as a mouse. She stopped at the foot of the bridge, seeking a place to hide behind the bricks. She watched Taehyung's long fingers dance along the ivory keys in a ghostly matter, she questioned whether he was playing or not.

"It's such a shame,

I'm such a sham.

No one knows who I am."

His voice lulled her softly. This song was unlike anything shes ever heard before. His voice rolled over the hills in sorrowful waves. Swells of power rose in his throat. His voice was music and grace, and knowing that haunting feeling that this song that filled the walls of his lair, was because his heart was pained.

"Once there were sweet possibilities,

I could see, just for me. Now all my dreams are just memories, Fated never to be. Time's not a friend, hurrying by. I wonder who am I?"

What could have inspired this song? Was it her? There wasn't a chance, she was sure she hurt him deeply, but not so much that he had become so upset that he has created a sorrowful melody.

"Am I the face of the future? Am I the face of the past? Am I the one who must finish last?"

His voice was smooth and clear and quiet yet powerful. Soothing in a way. It was strange calling a man's voice beautiful but he was. It reminded Taeyeon so much of her mother's own singing voice. There were so many similarities. Perhaps they had the same teacher?

"Look at me and tell me who I am, Why I am, what I am. Will I survive? Who will give a damn, If no one knows who I am? Nobody knows, Not even you, No one knows who I am"

The fading of voice and piano was heard. Taeyeon, still behind the bricks, felt saddened by his song. What could have made him write such a thing? Slowly she emerged from the bricks and softly walked to his hunched figure on the piano bench.

"I know who you are." Her voice rose softly, startling Taehyung.

"Taeyeon!" He exclaimed, jumping off from his seat. " what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to apologize." She twirled her hair shyly " I also didn't mean to startle you."

" don't worry about it" taehyung composed himself but was wary around the child. Now that he knows that she is his own flesh and blood, he wants to protect her, even from him and His hideously horrible face. " does your mother know you're here?" He straightened His blouse and stepped towards the young girl.

She shook her head, her hair bouncing as she did. " I came here without her knowing." She stepped closer to taehyung. " I just wanted to say I'm really sorry."

"it's alright." Taehyung reassured, kneeling down to her level. " just let her know you're here next time."

" no not about that." She pouted her lips. Taehyung tilted his head "I'm sorry I ran away."

Taehyung's lips pressed into a line. He looked at the young girl was a serious yet saddened expression. Who knows who was hurting more in this situation. Taehyung for seeing his daughter scream at him in pure fear for his sorry excuse of a face, or Taeyeon for having to look at it?

The little girl took in a deep breath and continued her nervous apology " I thought you were pranking me and I didn't know it was actually you." She sniffles softly, tiny tears welling up in her eyes, her heart being overwhelmed for having to apologize to a person she hurt. " I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do it."

Taehyung smiled softly, the kindness of this tiny child warming his heart. He leaned towards her and wiped a stray tear " I forgive you." He said with a pure look in his eyes. " on one condition." he said raising a single finger in front of the girl. She gave him a soft nod, along with an agreeing hum.

" you have to promise me you won't come back down here without anyone knowing. Your mother will surely be worried if she couldn't find you." He said as he punched her chubby cheek, gently. She giggled in response. "Yes, sir!" She said with a gleeful and contagious smile. such a precious child.

"Good now." He stood up and took Taeyeon by her hand " let's go before your mom finds out you're here and kills me ." He joked, and to his happiness, earning a soft laugh from the young girl.

As they walked, hand in hand, Taeyeon looked up at the masked man once again like she has the first time." May I see you one more time please?"