Chapter 43-The longer I Live

Madame Giry took the top of the staircase with her great pride of hers that she always carried. "Madame and messieurs, let me introduce today's special performance by Mister T, himself. Written and composed."

The applause came in a small wave and then in a loud and chorus sound. Orchestra members in the side prepared themselves with their music sheets that taehyung had given them that night.

All was silent. Then the tapping on the stand from the conductor. The orchestra played and all eyes were on taehyung. All of them. He sang his first few lyrics perfectly. Each resonating with a passion that no one has ever experienced in their lives."I've seen so many sunsets in my life; I should know everything there is worth knowing. But since I saw her face I don't know where I am, there's no map that can show me where I'm going."

Everyone 'oohed' at mister T as he sung. Some even closed their eyes as his sweet soft caramel voice took them away into the night to serenade them. "The longer I live the more I wonder
if I know anything at all.
If I've ever been in love, I can't recall.
The longer I live the less I'm certain,
that I have all the answers right.
I'd give all my yesterdays to touch the light."

Y/n listened to him singing. His way of doing so was way different then at the pub the two went to, not too long ago. There, it was fun and bouncy, anyone could've grabbed a partner and danced to the sound of his voice, but here, as he sang now to the entire crowd of admiring people, it' sounded like he was begging. Begging her. This was it. His last resort.

Her lips were parted, eyes not daring to blink, hands holding on tightly to her masquerade mask. Not a single person surrounded her, for all she knew, it was just them two in that giant gilded ballroom. And his eyes, those eyes that told tragedies and sins. Happiness and fear. Love and hatred. Those eyes never left hers. Though he was singing to the crowd, he was singing for her.

"It's hard to make each moment count when you're alone,
maybe that's all I need to know.
The longer I live without her near me,
the longer my empty years will be.
The world will not turn until she turns to me.
The world will not turn until she turns to me!!"

Staring isn't quite the word for what taehyung does, though he'd fit the dictionary definition. His eyes rest, not unblinking but slowed; yet the effect is soft and inviting instead of harsh. Perhaps it is his song that give away his intention, not quite smiling but tilting as if they mean to. She stared back, refusing to lose this untold game of theirs.

Taehyung, this is a dangerous game you're playing and ,damn you for being able to play it so well

His song ended and everyone in the ballroom clapped for the amazing performance, even jungkook who only clapped slowly and uninterested, but even he was amazed by such a performance.

Taehyung thanked the crowd and took a bow.

Once again the orchestra played a piece and those who wanted to dance with their partners, danced with their partners. Twirling and whirling like fairies of the night.

Y/n's chest started to feel tight. " jungkook, I'm going to head outside real quick."

"Oh all right." He said as he picked up taeyeon in his arms "don't be long." He looked at her blank faced " you're almost on." He said the last part ever so quietly but it rang loudly in Y/n's ears.

"I know." She softly said before turning and taking her leave. She found herself where she usually found herself. At the top of the staircase outside the opera house. At this point it was a place where she had many fond memories and other that she'd rather not think of again.

She rubbed her arms to protect herself from the cold, but the cold didn't seem to bother her as much as it usually would. Seems like the cold air was needed to clear her thoughts and think straight.

Will she sing?
Will she flee?
What is she thinking of?

Thinking of the outcomes gives her a headache. Though jungkook said he was fine with whoever she chose solved one problem but it left the one in which she had to tell taeyeon, jungkook is gone and taehyung will be her new father and her actual blood father. Will her daughter be mortified or not? What if she just stayed with jungkook? Her life with him won't be that hard to get used to and surely she'd be happy with it since he promised to change.

"You never learn your lesson, do you?"

Y/n turned her head and saw taehyung approaching her with a thick coat in his hand. " you're going to catch your death of cold if you continue coming out in this weather without any sort of warmth."

"Oh well then." She murmured as the coat was placed gently around her arms, the warmth engulfing her immediately and providing her with a sense of satisfaction towards the bitter winter air. " your song was beautiful."

"Glad you enjoyed it." Taehyung said as he looked up at the night sky. " I wrote it after you left when I came back from the circus with taeyeon."

Y/n nodded as she adjusted the coat around her arms.

"I wrote it just in case you needed more persuading." He said once more.

"You just don't give up do you?" She said with a sigh.

"I have no reason to." He stuck his hands in his pant pockets. " What did you end up choosing?"

"Believe it or not" she scoffed " I still don't know." Her eyes landed on the ground " my heart knows it's answer and wants to be selfish but my mind is opposite and wants to be logical."

"Well." He began once more as he turned his back to her " you better be quick on making your choice."

"And why is that?"

"Because you're on in two minutes."