Chapter 41-Rewrite the stars

Y/n hesitantly walked towards the door and opened it slowly. "Hey. What are you doing here?" She asked Taehyung as she opened the door wider to let him go through "I figured you'd be busy with the masquerade."

"I can spare a few moments" he said with a smile." You look gorgeous by the way." He complimented her.

Her cheeks became hot in shyness. By now they were probably an attractive pink color " I'm not even dressed yet." She murmured.

" And even then you look great." He complimented again as he took in the splendor that is her.

"Shame on you taehyung " She crossed her arms as she sat down on her vanity bench " flirting with an engaged woman."

"Right" taehyung hummed, his face falling at her comment " I passed Jungkook in the hallway, not too long ago."

"And?"

"I'm assuming he was here to try to convince you to choose him over me."

"I'm assuming you're going to do the same."

Taehyung let out a chuckle " you're right" He rubbed the back of his neck. " Taeyeon told me he took the two of you on an outing."

"What about it?"

"Nothing, just seems like his way to win you over." Taehyung laughed amusingly "pretty pathetic of him."

"Pathetic how?" Y/n furrowed her brows " he's making his fight for me."

"He's putting too much of an effort." He shrugged." He knows his love is not enough. He knows he isn't what you need."

Y/n remained silent and bit her lip as she listened.

"he knows you're made of finer stuff, and on that we can all agree." Taehyung paced around her slowly. " why be so hooked up on him?"

"Listen Taehyung "Y/n slowly stood up and pinched at her thumb " I can't. Taeyeon has been believing all her life that Jungkook is her father"

"But she deserves every right to know who her real father is." Taehyung looked at her straight faced.

"Why the sudden change?" Y/n asked " when you found out she was yours, you begged me not to tell her who you were."

"I've grown attached to her." Taehyung murmured, his coal eyes falling to the ground " she's an amazing child, and I love her dearly."

Y/n sighed and pursed her lips " she tends to have that effect on people." She threw her arms down " but either way, I still can't randomly come up to her and tell her i've been lying to her all this time." She gasped and put a hand to her mouth " and Jungkook! He'll be broken not only because I would choose you but because Taeyeon isn't even his child."

" what about you?"

"What?"

"You seem to be worrying about other people but what do you feel?"

Y/n held all the emotion of wet concrete. Loose and empty. She knew what she felt, but dare she say it aloud.

"Sing the song y/n" he said softly and Silky " sing it and you and I can be together as before ."

After a moment or two of silence, she swallowed a gulp of air, walked to her bed, where her dress laid beautifully on display and grabbed it " I'll go dress elsewhere" she merely said with no emotion, heading towards the door, and as soon as she placed her hand on the doorknob and before she could give it a turn, he spoke.

"You know I want you."

She fully stopped moving, giving her back to him.

"It's not a secret I try to hide." 

She heard soft steps walking towards her, almost shylike and afraid. " I know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied."

She turned her head softly to the sound of his voice.

"You claim it's not in the cards- fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me." He reached to her shoulder and turned her softly so she could face him " but youre here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?"

"Taehyung I can't" her voice shook as it came out in a whimper.

"What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine- Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find." He took the dress from her hands and tossed it to the side on a chair. He grabbed her hand gently and rubbed his thumb against it "it's up to you and it's up to me. "

Y/n moved away from him, hugging herself, her eyes welling up " you think it's easy?" She scoffed slightly " you think I don't want to run to you? But there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through." She looked at him and saw him more afraid than ever. " I know you're wondering why we're able to be just you and me within these walls but when we go outside you're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all." a tear escaped her eyes and she looked down at the ground before taehyung could see. " No one can rewrite the stars, how can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart and I'm not the one you were meant to find."

"Y/n, none of that matters." Taehyung grabbed hold of her shoulders and hopefully her senses. " who gives a Damn about what they say? I love You!" His voice was shaky, almost similar to the one of a lost child.

"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide." She whispered, wiping her tears and moving away from his hold once more. " but I can't have You." She backed away shaking her head. She grabbed her dress from the chair and faced her back towards him " we're bound to break and my hands are tied."

"Please don't."

"I'll see you at the party."