Chapter 19- Dear old friend

He was now left alone in her room, with nothing but the sounds of his shaky breathing and the light of the moon. His loneliness grew steadily until it dominated everything called emotion.
This loneliness is a vice on his heart, squeezing with just enough pressure to be a constant pain. It kills him every day just a little bit more, taking what was once his inner light and replacing it with a darkness that overshadows each moment. It is the fuel of his nightmares, the reason he struggles to breathe when a new shock comes. He thought this feeling would cease to exist once he saw her. Once she was in his arms once again, but funnily enough, her return made him more alone than ever. He felt betrayed in sense words. The two shared words of love and now he sees her with a new man and a creation of love from the two, being that child.

"I gave you my music," he said softly to the ghost of Y/n " made your song take wing...and now how you repaid me " he kneeled down to pick up his music book " denied me and betrayed me" silver tears fell down his cheeks. Taehyung was hurt. He hurt so much. He hated Jungkook from taking his Angel and love from him. " he was bound to love you when he heard you sing...Y/n" he choked at her name.

"Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime"

Taehyung looked up to the figure of Y/n, ghostly transparent yet radiating. A figure of his imagination. She sang softly a song of love, that he and she once shared. " let me lead you from your solitude." Her hands faintly touched his face, and his mask on a loving manner he oh so very much missed.
But this Y/n, this image of Y/n moved from him in disgust, his heart breaking at the sight. Now Jungkook has joined in next to her, his arm snaked around her waist, and finger laced around hers "say you need me with you here and always." She sang once again, but not to Taehyung, but instead to Jungkook. Those eyes of love that longed for him now long for Jungkook.

Taehyung stood up from the ground in a fury, his breathing forced and bull-like. He had white knuckles from clenching his fist too hard and gritted teeth from the effort to remain silent, his hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. His face was red with suppressed rage. "I won't lose her!" He declared " I waited this long to have her! I won't back down!"

~~~~~~~
The world outside teases her with its silence; everyone and everything sleep, save the bears and the owls.
Her mind is constantly regurgitating the worries of the day, the worries of tomorrow, the worries of yesteryear. Yet she has no new or brilliant solutions to offer, she can only do what she has always done- take each day as it comes.
She lay still in her soft bed under the comfy duvets, besides a worriless and sleeping jungkook, gazing up at the glowing ceiling. Even though she was in her comfort zone she could not sleep. She was clouded by her thoughts about what had happened today. Everything she tried to get to sleep didn't work. She tried to forget everything but it was no use. crying herself to sleep didn't work.

She just couldn't believe it.... He's back...after eight years! Part of her was angry at him; wanted to throw, punch, and yell at him, the other wanted to hold him in her arms and kiss his tender lips softly. She hates herself for these thoughts....she was engaged for Christ's sake!

~~~~~~~

"Taeyeon be careful," Y/n said to her excited child, who was looking around and running around the opera house halls.

That night y/n didn't get a wink of sleep, and she dared not to leave her room. She would probably do things she would love to do yet regret them later on. Her child at the moment was the complete opposite. She was extremely energetic and bouncy. Jungkook at the moment was walking right behind her. "She'll be careful " he reassured. His attitude changed into a more neutral and happy one from the one he had the day before." she just wants to see where her mother once sang."

Y/n looked over at Jungkook and smiled weakly. "I know dear, I just don't want her to get hurt."

"She's a big girl" Jungkook grinned but stopped upon seeing his fiance's face " you seem tired. Did you not sleep?"

She shook her head softly " I didn't manage to. I was too excited to be here that I wasn't able to sleep " she lied. She wasn't about to tell him that the phantom of the opera lives.

"go rest later " he held her waist with both hands, smiling gently and lovingly " ok?"

She broke out in a smile. "Alright." She gave in to his request.

"Thanks love." He said and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead " I'm going to meet an old friend of mine at the bar, you go on ahead with Taeyeon."

"Ok, I'll see you later, " Y/n said and paused "Just don't drink so much ". "I won't." Jungkook kissed her lips briefly and patted the eight-year-olds head and went away.

Y/n sighed softly as she watched his disappearing figure. " Mama, can I see the stage?" Taeyeon asked her mother, her hand loosely in her own.

"Sure dear,"Y/n said smiling at her daughter.

"Heavens could it be?" a blonde woman, with a petite figure, yet refreshed face and brown eyes approached Y/n " No it couldn't possibly !"

"Sorry," y/n tilted her head in deep thought " do I?"

"Yes, I think you do" The blonde woman finished her sentence with a smile. " go on take a guess."

"Wait..."Y/n murmured in realization. her eyes shone in memoriance " it can't be, is it?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed once more.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it's you!" Y/n rushed over to the blonde woman and hugged her tightly. "Meg it's been forever!" This woman was the young ballerina who danced alongside her before she became a singer. Shes knew her since she was young, right after her father sadly passed away. When madame giry took her in to raise her, she and meg became close.

"look at you!" Meg said excitedly " regal as a queen and beautiful" she complimented.

Y/n laughed softly " meg, and you as well" she gestured at Her " I could hardly tell it's you"

"My dear old friend. Can't believe you're here " Meg sighed reminiscently " why are you back in Paris?"

"I'm here to sing" Y/n smiled, rubbing her neck sheepishly. " and for my daughter."

"Your daughter?" Meg asked. She looked behind Y/n to spot a young girl, seeking shelter behind her mother's skirt. Meg gasped "Y/n shes divine! You and Jungkook had a baby!"

"Yes, we did." Y/n said sheepishly

"She looks nothing like

him though" Meg whispered.

Y/n paused for a second before replying " I know."