Chapter 44-please dont make me love you

Time began to dissolve into itself like the rain. The future was something she always worried about.she wasn't sure if it was because of her young mind or her lack of wisdom, but she wasn't sure of the tiny speck of that dreaded time she was given.she had so much time. So much time that she let it slide through her fingers like worthless pennies. So much time that she watched it drain in the tub. So much time that she let it vanish like in a magician in an act. Just two simple minutes. And she was as unsure as she could be.

"Please taehyung" she breathed out softly " just fifteen minutes more." She pleaded.

Her gazed at her with sadness and kindness, something that always lingered in his eyes. " very well." He said with a single nod " I'll ask Giry to keep the orchestra playing. But only fifteen minutes."

"Thank you."

He turned his body around and headed up slowly up the stairs, opening the door and leaving her alone in the cold Paris night with her thoughts.

In such a little time she hoped to make her final decision. Why would she make such a fuss about the situation? Why couldn't she go with the one she loved? It's easy as 1 2 3 isn't it? Absolutely not. Neither taehyung or jungkook deserved all the lies and pain that they would have to endure when she chose one or the other.

She loved him. By God in holy heaven she loved him. Nine years worth of loving and waiting. All the times she spent with him. All those nights he has comforted her and made her laugh. The times he raised her spirits. When they went to the park and trusted her with his greatest weakness. The night on the rooftop. When he first took her to his underground world of music, even to that fateful night in which the two confessed their love for each other and put that love into action. There wasn't a thing she didn't love about him.

His eyes.

His hair.

His intelligence.

His giddiness.

His goofiness.

His empathy.

Not even his disfigured face was a flaw to y/n. She thought him as handsome as could be.

There only so much That a heart can take
Before it starts to break.

"Please don't make me love you." She said to the ghostly figure of taehyung. "Please don't make me need you. I've no room in my life For something like this."

Please don't take her mornings
Please don't steal her summers
she knows they will vanish
The moment they kiss.

" I grow weak when we talk ,I'm confused when we touch,I should just walk away, But that's asking too much" she paced against the snowy concrete

Please don't make her do this
Please don't make her want this
All her dreams were taken
Until she met him

He's the one She thinks of
Soon as She awakens.

Funny how the heart tells
The mind what to do

"I'm not sure I can go through all
The joy and the pain"

Much better now
To let these dreams take flight!
Please don't make her love you
Please don't make her need you
Simplify her life
By just setting her free
Promise her you'll do this
Only you can do this

"Please don't make me love you"

Ten.

By now she was a crying mess. All the weight and stress that was placed upon her within the course of a couple days finally broke her. Those salty tears that ran cold down her face. She kneeled to the cold floor, not caring that her knees begged her to stand right back up again.

"Mama?"

She turned back and saw the angel of her daughter, looking at her distraught mother.

"Why are you crying?" Little taeyeon asked softly and sadly.

"Sweetie." Y/n choked back a cry." I'm so confused." She said,hoping that in her time of need, she would get advice from the tiny eight year old.

"Why?"

"Come here." Y/n softly said as she wiped her tears from her face with her hand, not even caring of her makeup became smudged with her actions. " remember when I said that a friend of mine was my music teacher?" She began. Taeyeon responded with a nod " well that teacher was taehyung.

"Really?" Taeyeon gasped shockingly.

"Yes but eight years ago, he and I were in love." She looked down at the ground not being able to gaze at her own daughter in her eyes. " until something terrible happened and caused him to flee." Y/n took a deep breath before continuing her problem story." Eight years later I received a letter from mister T to come to Paris to perform and I accepted. So I came with my fiancé and my daughter. To my surprise mister T was taehyung, and taehyung wishes for us to be together once again."

" what do you mean mama?"

"I have two options." She looked back up at her daughter with watery eyes " either I leave Jungkook and Stay here in Paris with Taehyung or leave now with Jungkook to California."

" and who do you want to be with?"

"I like him." She breathed out " but I love your father." She switched up her words. " who do I choose." She asked to particularly no one.

Taeyeon leaned closer to her troubled mother. Y/n always had a stiff upper lip. Any problem she had she solved it with a steady and positive attitude. No problem was too big for her.

Taeyeon seeing her mother like this pained her. Her strong mother now like this, being torn between two loves.

That's when Taeyeon started to speak. Softly. Loud enough for her mother. " love's a curious thing. It often comes disguised. Look at it the wrong way, and it'll come unrecognized."

These words her daughter spoke to her rang familiar to her ears.

"So look with your heart, and Not with your eyes. The heart understand the heart never lies."

These very words she said to Taeyeon the first day they arrived to Paris. It was when she was upset that Jungkook didnt want to play with her and snapped at her. Those Very words were the ones she used to soothe and comfort her child.

"Will you be upset?" Y/n asked " will you hate either one of us?"

Taeyeon smiled and shook her head " of course not mama." her tiny fingers wiped the trailing tears from her mothers eyes.

Five.

~~~~~

Everyone waited inside the ballroom, waiting for the spectacular performance of the songbird Y/n l/n.

Taehyung felt anxious. Her last answers were so unclear to him that he himself wasn't sure whom she'd choose.

Two.

Jungkook stood against a pillar near the wings of the ballroom, a perfect and clear view of the empty staircase. Part of him knew what she was to choose, she was never good at hiding her feelings. Part of him hoped that she'd choose him, but he didn't wish that unhappiness upon her.

It was only seconds for the grand performance.

Ten.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two...