Chapter 25-Baby mine

The lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night. The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the town. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moon filled night. The lake glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars.

This kind of night would bring calmness and comfort to Y/n's nerves, but not this time. She and Taehyung left the opera house to go over to a bar to speak about the newest discovery of taste in being his daughter.

Y/n would glance at him ever so often and she wasn't able to read his expression. It was strange, watching him so cold faced and stern. Almost terrifying, but there was a glow to him. It could be the moon shining on his porcelain mask or it could be the fact that he has a daughter, a musical genius with the woman he loved eight years back to now.

They entered the bar, the smell of strong alcohol hitting the nostrils with a sting, and the overly loud conversations taking over the atmosphere from tired workers who stopped by before going home to their families. Drunken laughter was heard everywhere and men were trying to entertain themselves by singing the night away.

It confused Y/n as to why taehyung chose to come to this very crowded building where people can see him. He sensed her uneasiness and responded to the question etched in her mind.

" they're all too drunk to pay any attention." He simply said.

She nodded and sat at an empty booth. Almost right away a server came and asked what they wanted. "Wine. Red wine please." Taehyung responded to her. The server didn't even pay no heed to his strange reason of having a mask. Without a doubt, she's seen stranger a fellow.

Y/n sat awkwardly in the booth, twiddling her fingers under the table and looking anywhere but at him. How was one supposed to suddenly bring up they have a child with them and explain eight years worth of memories?

Taehyung was the first to break the silence between them ¨ what was it like?¨ he asked. y/n looked at him with a thoughtful expression. ¨when she was a mere baby.¨ he finished the sentence.

y/n smiled softly and reminiscent of the time with her tiny daughter. ¨ she was born with a hurricane of a soul¨ she said with a loving laugh and a soft glow in her eyes that only a mother could express. ¨she was the smallest and most clean baby when she was born. Such a tiny little thing with the largest and curious eyes.¨

Taehyung listened intently to y/n's story of their child. His expression grew softer with every sentence finished, imagining the tiny baby in y/n's arms after giving birth to her, such a loving look in her eyes, as she greeted her newborn into the world.

¨I would rock her in the dead of night, and sang to her always. She would always coo when I did.¨ y/n placed her hands on the table. It was a beautiful thing and time in her life when she had Taeyeon. She would soothe her with lullabies and stroke her tiny back and soft hair. She would whisper sweet things in her ears and cover her with kisses. Whenever her coal eyes met her e/c eyes, she would laugh, as only a baby can laugh a sweet sound unblemished by the hurts of life. Her little face glowed from a light within and her miniature fingers would grasp her own and hold tight.

¨She was a beautiful baby right?¨ taehyung asked softly, as the server now came with two cups and the red wine he ordered, and left with a small thanks from both y/n and taehyung.

¨The most beautiful baby.¨ Y/n replied.

¨and when she was a child?¨Taehyung asked once more. He was getting more anxious to hear about his daughter. Oh, what he has missed.

¨she was like any child.¨ y/n responded as she served herself some wine and sipped on it. ¨ she did well in school and was a prankster and playful. ¨ she placed her cup down and looked out the window. ¨ yet she was different. At such a young age, she learned to play the piano, all on her own. Jungkook didn't want her to learn so he refused to buy her lessons.¨

Taehyung frowned at what jungkook did. How was he such a bad father, not letting his daughter play a beautiful instrument?

¨I bought her book that would teach her. ¨y/n looked back at taehyung ¨ jungkook got mad at me but I did it anyway. I wasn't going to prevent her from doing something she loved.¨

¨" she sounds wonderful...¨

¨she is.¨

They both drank their alcohol. Taehyungs mind flooded with thoughts. What y/n has told him has made him hate himself for leaving for so long. Look at all he's missed. His first child and he couldn't hear her first words. His first child and he couldn't see her first steps. His first child and he wasn't part of her life.

¨ I'm so sorry.¨ he whispered, but it was loud enough to reach y/n's ears. ¨ I should have come back. I should have been there for you and Taeyeon.¨

¨Hey hey hey...¨ y/n hushed soothingly ¨ don't you worry about it. You didn't know it. There's no good in dwelling in the past.¨ he put her hand on top of his, which was on the table.

¨still.¨ he said softly ¨ I want to be there to see her grow up from day one.¨

y/n remained silent. She couldn't fathom how he felt. He was such a loving man, and to know that you weren't part of your daughter's life must really hurt him deep inside. There wasn't anything y/n could do to console him. It is not like she had the ability to go back in time. If she did, she would have done so long ago.

"Look! It's Y/n!"